English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 02 June 2009, 00:45   #1
MethodGit

Slipstream - Another Game Compact Disk

At least I think that's the title of it anyhow. It's the Slipstream disk that bundled Quartz, Switchblade and Stunt Car Racer on one floppy. It used to be amongst the bundles of disks I had back in my Amiga days. Curiously, Quartz would always fail to work on my A500, but Switchblade (trained by Slipstream) and Stunt Car Racer (can't remember if this had a cracktro or not, but I doubt it somehow) more than made up for it. :-]

Was quite surprised to find it not available in the TOSEC to be honest. Still, here's hoping someone else has the same disk in this day and age!
Old 02 June 2009, 01:38   #2
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

I had the same disk, long gone now though. The Stunt Car Racer version was by Quartex, and single filed by Slipstream.
Old 28 June 2009, 17:40   #3
niobyte
AMR / HOL Contributor

I have several copies of this exact disk (if anyone is interested). I may have already done a disk dump of it some years ago.

I should make sure each copy still works. I am in the process of getting my SPS dumping A1200 setup again. Since I am hoping over the coming weeks to dump lots of stuff.

Let me know if you still want this. Since I will go ahead and dump it to ADF.

Yeah, I could never get Quartz to work either with the copie's I had.
Old 04 July 2009, 14:31   #4
niobyte
AMR / HOL Contributor

I have now dumped this disk to ADF. It is now in the zone

Surprised it's not in TOSEC.

Quartz unfortunately does not work with the one I have either.

I copied again from one of the disks, verifying it before copying. No errors on disk. Copied onto a new DS/DD disk from a sealed box. Then dumped to ADF.

It seems only 1.0 -> 1.3 Kickstart ROM can be used.

This is due to the bootblock not working with Kickstart 2.04 or higher.

Compatible with 512k/512k setup with OCS/ECS Chipset.
Old 05 July 2009, 20:00   #5
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Thanks niobyte! (also for the PM reminder because I really can't look in each and every thread in this huge monstrosity of forum)

Very good work!

Uhm...but I hope you used a TRACK copier for duplicating the disk you want to spread?
It would be a real bad idea to copy file-by-file because there is always a chance someone will sometime have an identical copy which would be recognized then...

NOTE: What you fire in the zone is very likely to get in TOSEC automatically someday.
Old 07 July 2009, 00:38   #6
MethodGit

You're a saint, niobyte! And thanks for the PM too.

You seem to be good at retrieving lost disks from obscurity...... I don't suppose you have the Rick Dangerous 2/Prince Of Persia compilation disk I also used to have in my collection? I believe both games were cracked by Angels. RD2 I know for sure included a trainer. Since the disk booted a program in WB/CLI at startup, that would mean both NDOS games had to have been one-filed or alternatively converted to files (I think RD2 still had loading times for later levels).
Old 23 March 2019, 18:26   #7
niobyte
AMR / HOL Contributor

Floppy disk

Reviving this old thread.

Since 'Compilations - Games (TOSEC-v2018-06-24)' includes a error free ADF of 'Slipstream - Compact Disk - Quartz & Switchblade & Stunt Car Racer (1989)(Slipstream)'. Released part of 'TOSEC DAT (2018-07-27)'.

It is also availabe on the EAB FTP, amongst the individual files upload of the DAT.

Thanks to BippyM for the individual files uploaded to the EAB FTP part of this TOSEC DAT.

EAB FTP URL to file:

ftp://ftp:any@grandis.nu/~Uploads/Bi...lipstream).zip
Old 23 March 2019, 18:31   #8
niobyte
AMR / HOL Contributor

The 'Rick Dangerous 2/Prince Of Persia compilation disk' also requested by 'MethodGit' is yet to be found.
Old 24 March 2019, 01:34   #9
musashi9

Send a message via ICQ to musashi9
Quote:
Originally Posted by niobyte View Post
The 'Rick Dangerous 2/Prince Of Persia compilation disk' also requested by 'MethodGit' is yet to be found.
This one?.
Astronut & Wise Man - Megapack 20 (1990)(Valhalla)
BTW if anyone has the original compilation disk that Prince of Persia came on , by Pseudo ops. Please let me know
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	persia.png
Views:	142
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	62554  
Old 25 March 2019, 17:45   #10
niobyte
AMR / HOL Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashi9 View Post
This one?.
Astronut & Wise Man - Megapack 20 (1990)(Valhalla)
BTW if anyone has the original compilation disk that Prince of Persia came on , by Pseudo ops. Please let me know

@musashi9

I have not seen the compilation that MethodGit was referring to. This would require methodgit to confirm if this is the compilation disk he is referring to or if it is the original Pseudo Ops release that those particular files originated on.

I was also unaware until now that you're in the credits of the Prince of Persia Angels Crack. Nice job removing the protection on the game. That was a popular release. Also had the Fusion trainer release.