English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 21 March 2003, 16:06   #1
bytestorm

Connect Amiga1200 to Pal-TV... possible? I have the Cables but... nothing works =(

I read in my Amiga1200 manual that if I want to use the TV instead of the Computer screen then i can use 2 methods.

1: The "Comp" connection.
use a cord with one RCA-contact (for the amiga) in one end, and in the other end, a contact that fits in the screen contact (?).
* I have tried this, but i cant get a picture on any channel...tried 1000 of times....=(((*

2: RF modulator.
Uses the same cable as above, but instead put the RCA contact into the Amigas RF connection..(the one with a little screw at the side, that you can fix the picture with) and the other end into the TV's Antenna connection... then switch to channel 36 and screw at the little screv to fix the picture.
*that didnt work either...=((*

Can anyone please help me with this? It would be great if someone in sweden could read this, then maybe i could understand better, since i'm useless at english (as you all can se)

Anyone please...

//regards
Old 21 March 2003, 17:40   #2
Mr Creosote
Evil Mastermind

I've used the second option for a very long time and it never gave me any trouble. It's a simple matter of connecting the cable and choosing the right channel on your TV, just as it is described in the manual. The RF modulator plug on the Amiga is the one right next to the power cable (it is even labelled as such), so I guess you got that part right. On the side of the TV, you didn't just switch to the 36th channel, did you? Sorry, no offense intended - I just can't imagine anything else going wrong. Did you try to use the cable for something else to see if it has a defect?
Old 21 March 2003, 18:26   #3
bytestorm

i did switch to the 36th channel... i tried avery channel from 0 to 99 (!!) but now, all of a sudden, channel 7 Works! But only if the amiga lies perfectly still... if i move it, the picture flips...
by the way, the cable is brand new, i bought it yesterday.

Still wondering how to get the Comp connection to work though... it gives much more sharper picture than the RF...
Old 21 March 2003, 18:41   #4
cv643d

I live in Sweden and just ordered a RGB to SCART cable from GGS data in Sweden. It plugs in the 23 pin monitor port and then into juor modern TV with SCART connection. I never want to mess around with RF-cables no more!

check out -> http://www.ggsdata.se/
Old 21 March 2003, 18:47   #5
bytestorm

thanks
Old 21 March 2003, 19:30   #6
Amiga1992

Re: Connect Amiga1200 to Pal-TV... possible? I have the Cables but... nothing works =(

Quote:
Originally posted by bytestorm
1: The "Comp" connection.
use a cord with one RCA-contact (for the amiga) in one end, and in the other end, a contact that fits in the screen contact (?).
* I have tried this, but i cant get a picture on any channel...tried 1000 of times....=(((*
You have to connect it to the VIDEO IN plug of your TV! It's an RCA to RCA cable. This will work perfectly.

For audio, connect both RCA audio plugs on the Amiga to the two RCA AUDIO IN jacks in your TV (if you have a mono TV, only connect the LEFT Amiga sound RCA cable to the AUDIO IN jack of your TV)
Old 21 March 2003, 22:50   #7
bytestorm

vill this "You have to connect it to the VIDEO IN plug of your TV! It's an RCA to RCA cable. This will work perfectly."

get me a sharp picture? the RCA to Anthenna is ok...but i want sharper =)
Old 21 March 2003, 23:00   #8
Amiga1992

Composite is sharper than RF (no tuning( but for the best output, connect to an RGB monitor theough the 23 pin videoport.
Old 21 March 2003, 23:42   #9
Severin

Send a message via ICQ to Severin
If your TV doesn't have a VIDEO IN connect it to a VCR first

Quote:
(the one with a little screw at the side, that you can fix the picture with)
erm, this doesn't really 'fix the picture' it changes the frequency that the modulator uses in case it conflicts with a local TV station.

but for the best picture, get a gfx card and a TFT monitor, looks crystal clear here or check if your TV supports RGB input through the scart socket, that will give you the best picture that a TV is capable of (nowhere near a 1081 / 1084 / 1940 / 1942 / 8833-I / 8833-II / 1438 etc... ).
Old 06 April 2003, 12:30   #10
poppe

Send a message via ICQ to poppe
diy!

I say: why buy'em when you can build'em!

http://www.cocos.de/hwb/ca_AmigaScart.html
Old 06 April 2003, 19:31   #11
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Errmm, about the RCA composite Video to RCA or SCART Video problem:

Did you switch your TV to AV ? Otherwise it wouldn't detect there is a video signal coming in ! ( at least not from the SCART - don't know about RCA video inputs on TVs ? )
Old 24 April 2003, 00:03   #12
haribootje

Eek

Quote:
Originally posted by bytestorm
i did switch to the 36th channel... i tried avery channel from 0 to 99 (!!) but now, all of a sudden, channel 7 Works! But only if the amiga lies perfectly still... if i move it, the picture flips...
by the way, the cable is brand new, i bought it yesterday.

Looks like you just looked at the real channels/positions/presets on your tv, the ones you select with your remote and the buttons on the front.

What really is ment with channel 36 is that you take for instance position 99 on your tv and tune this position in on channel/frequency 36. Look in your tv manual for how to tune in on channel 36.