English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 16 January 2021, 21:24   #81
SnkBitten
Amithlon Fanatic

SnkBitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Lexington, SC / US
Posts: 734
I'm still waiting on my issue to arrive. I think the last email I got was the order was shipping preparation started back on Nov 18.
SnkBitten is offline  
Old 17 January 2021, 01:12   #82
PixelsAtDawn
Junior Member
PixelsAtDawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Shropshire/UK
Age: 39
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnkBitten View Post
I'm still waiting on my issue to arrive. I think the last email I got was the order was shipping preparation started back on Nov 18.
Sorry about that Snk - mail between the UK and the US seems exceptionally slow at the moment. I just received something from WV and it took over a month to get here. Hopefully soon!
PixelsAtDawn is offline  
Old 18 January 2021, 23:45   #83
ROM
Registered User

ROM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Cleveland, OH USA
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelsAtDawn View Post
Sorry about that Snk - mail between the UK and the US seems exceptionally slow at the moment. I just received something from WV and it took over a month to get here. Hopefully soon!
Yes most of us in the US are still waiting, i believe its all jammed up in customs. the mail delay from the holidays made it worse. i'm still waiting for some stuff i ordered before thats coming from Germany. so we just wait and check the mail
ROM is offline  
Old 20 January 2021, 22:13   #84
Gilbert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 314
I got download for the second issue available - but going to wait for it to arrive in the post before I read it, Looking forward to the CD32 section this issue
Gilbert is offline  
Old 21 January 2021, 02:10   #85
thairacerjp
Registered User

thairacerjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: FRANCE
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbert View Post
I got download for the second issue available - but going to wait for it to arrive in the post before I read it, Looking forward to the CD32 section this issue
Hi Gilbert, yeah I've just ordered and it's great to have our CD32 section !
thairacerjp is offline  
Old 22 January 2021, 03:31   #86
wanderer
I want an A1000

wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pac-Land
Posts: 696
Just found out about this - ordered, subscribed and waiting. Quite amazing stuff, really. Thank you all for bringing back those great Amiga UK Mag memories.

Ok, AmigaBill is no Roger Dean landscape but that warm Amiga smile and cap are actually a perfect Kickstart!
wanderer is offline  
Old 22 January 2021, 09:23   #87
Psiq
Keen Collector

Psiq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Herefordshire UK
Posts: 117
I only ordered the 1st issue to see what it was like. Really enjoyed it and I have subscribed for the next 6 issues.
Psiq is offline  
Old 22 January 2021, 14:27   #88
PixelsAtDawn
Junior Member
PixelsAtDawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Shropshire/UK
Age: 39
Posts: 150
Thanks all, glad you're enjoying it!
PixelsAtDawn is offline  
Old 23 January 2021, 00:29   #89
AmigaBill
Registered User

AmigaBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer View Post
Ok, AmigaBill is no Roger Dean landscape but that warm Amiga smile and cap are actually a perfect Kickstart!
LOL I agree, but I do know how to get the party started
AmigaBill is offline  
Old 27 January 2021, 18:30   #90
Gilbert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 314
Hey heard you on Retro Hour podcast Bill! ( I am always very far behind on podcasts). Great stuff. Interesting to hear about the Amiga artist lady you helped - also in magazine
Gilbert is offline  
Old 28 January 2021, 02:25   #91
AmigaBill
Registered User

AmigaBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbert View Post
Hey heard you on Retro Hour podcast Bill! ( I am always very far behind on podcasts). Great stuff. Interesting to hear about the Amiga artist lady you helped - also in magazine
Thanks Gilbert! I have become great friends with her. She is awesome. I am anxious to do another project with her but the pandemic as prevented us from doing so. But hopefully soon. She has an A1200 now!
AmigaBill is offline  
Old 29 January 2021, 12:09   #92
rats
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nottingham / UK
Posts: 40
Issue 2 is printed and dispatched check out our latest blog entry https://www.amiga-addict.com/issue-2...nd-dispatched/
rats is offline  
Old 29 January 2021, 14:47   #93
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ireland
Age: 43
Posts: 816
I subscribed for six months too- good magazine. I will will wait for the physical copy rather than the digital one though.
Adrian Browne is offline  
Old 29 January 2021, 20:57   #94
Havie
Registered User
Havie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Browne View Post
I subscribed for six months too- good magazine. I will will wait for the physical copy rather than the digital one though.
Me too - looking forward to issue 2 now!
Havie is offline  
Old 29 January 2021, 21:09   #95
Octopus66
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: London
Posts: 167
I got issue 2 already - great job lads! It looks great from a quick scan
Octopus66 is offline  
Old 29 January 2021, 23:26   #96
Radertified
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: -
Posts: 521
I'm still on issue 1 because I'm slow, but it's a well done mag so far. I'm glad I went the subscription route.

It was neat seeing Ben Vost's name pop up. Would be cool to see what editors of old (Ben Vost, Nick Veitch, Tony Horgan, etc) think of the idea of an Amiga magazine in 2021, and if they're interesting in reading, or even contributing!
Radertified is offline  
Old 30 January 2021, 02:44   #97
-Acid-
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: South Shields
Posts: 798
Issue 2 arrived Friday morning... it'll take me a week or two to read it as I only read mags in a certain room of the house once a day
-Acid- is offline  
Old 30 January 2021, 08:24   #98
Wavemaker
Registered User

Wavemaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Poland
Posts: 38
Welcome to the retro magazine world!

Waiting for mine to arrive, crossing fingers as deliveries from the UK seem troubled at the moment.
Wavemaker is offline  
Old 01 February 2021, 18:19   #99
Gilbert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 314
I received my issue today and very happy to see the CD32 section. Have just skimmed it so far (busy with work) but like this issue very much. Just a minor complaint but bigger game screenshots in the CD32 section please! I like the larger size you use in the general Amiga games reviews. This issue looks really good though. Definitely made the right choice subscribing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaBill View Post
Thanks Gilbert! I have become great friends with her. She is awesome. I am anxious to do another project with her but the pandemic as prevented us from doing so. But hopefully soon. She has an A1200 now!
Great stuff Hope you guys can get together again soon. Always like to hear when people use Amiga's for their art
Gilbert is offline  
Old 02 February 2021, 04:09   #100
PixelsAtDawn
Junior Member
PixelsAtDawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Shropshire/UK
Age: 39
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbert View Post
I received my issue today and very happy to see the CD32 section. Have just skimmed it so far (busy with work) but like this issue very much. Just a minor complaint but bigger game screenshots in the CD32 section please! I like the larger size you use in the general Amiga games reviews. This issue looks really good though. Definitely made the right choice subscribing!



Great stuff Hope you guys can get together again soon. Always like to hear when people use Amiga's for their art
Glad you like it - I'll pass on the feedback!
PixelsAtDawn is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Favourite Amiga magazine Tim Janssen Nostalgia & memories 67 11 March 2017 18:27
Amiga future magazine fondpondforever Amiga scene 6 16 September 2013 16:44
Amiga Magazine (It) DDNI AMR suggestions and feedback 1 07 December 2008 14:10
What Amiga Format Magazine Do I Need...? Peter request.Other 18 20 March 2007 10:50
Your favourite Amiga magazine Graham Humphrey Nostalgia & memories 4 14 December 2004 16:24

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.11889 seconds with 14 queries