English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 08 June 2011, 01:58   #1
NovaCoder

A1200 Delfina flipper setup questions

Hiya,

Just got my new Delfina Flipper Ed. installed for the first time in my 1200 and have a few questions.

What's the deal with the native (chipset) audio, I know that the Delfina installer put something in my startup sequence which I assume is the mixer program but how does it work?

Do you still have to physically plug the native outputs into the inputs on the Delfina (as I've seen Phipscube do so well )?

I gave it a quick try last night without plugging in my native output on a WHDLOAD game and heard nothing.

Thanx
Old 08 June 2011, 02:31   #2
Tumo007

Yep you need to plug the native audio to the Delfina or use an external mixer, that way you wont need to load the Delfina.library to hear the native output (pass-truth is off at power on).
Old 08 June 2011, 02:41   #3
NovaCoder

Hiya,

Thanks so to be clear, without plugging in the native audio to the Delfina there is no way it's going to work?

BTW: I've just uploaded the latest Delfina library to the Zone

Last edited by TCD; 08 June 2011 at 02:59. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Use the edit function.
Old 08 June 2011, 15:36   #4
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I'm interested in an answer too...
Old 08 June 2011, 16:56   #5
amigoun

No way.
Old 08 June 2011, 17:53   #6
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

I haven't tried yet but maybe delfina.library is romable and could work on a custom Kickstart. Will have to test it out @ some point
Old 21 December 2011, 01:03   #7
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I've got the Delfina playing Songplayer (aiff and mp3). I installed in libs the Delfina library version 4.16, as the 4.17 was crashing the A1200. To make it work with Songplayer I hadn't to make anything, just install it (I had installed already the files for AHI and Delfina).
I've tried to use Amplifier, but I don't know how to configure it or how to select the Delfina engine there. Does anybody know?

Apart of that, I've got a pitched sound when I use the Delfina, I don't know if perhaps I should isolate it somehow.
The instruction guide says that "To avoid EMC interference, only operate your computer when it is fully assembled. Operating a Delfina sound board with the computer case opened may cause problems in radio programme receival. To minimize radio noise emissions, assemble the computer cover with a complete metal shield surrounding Delfina sound board."
And "Find a safe place inside your Amiga for the card. It is not physically mounted in a special spot, so you have to take care of isolation against metal parts inside of your computer. Use a piece of cardboard to cover the bottom of the board"
http://www.jschoenfeld.com/products/...ina_manual.pdf

I've got it on the kickstarts...

Last edited by Retrofan; 21 December 2011 at 01:26.
Old 21 December 2011, 02:18   #8
ancalimon
Supernormal

I used a patched delfina.library with my old Delfina Lite sound card. All the other libraries were crashing my A4000T.

For playing mp3's using Delfinas processor try this with AmigaAmp or Amplifier:

http://aminet.net/package/mus/play/dmdev

http://aminet.net/package/mus/play/mhimdev
Old 21 December 2011, 02:55   #9
NovaCoder

I got rid of my delfina flipper in the end....way more trouble than it was worth (I'm sad to say).
Old 21 December 2011, 10:24   #10
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
I got rid of my delfina flipper in the end....way more trouble than it was worth (I'm sad to say).
I was getting rid, but if you would have use SongPlayer, I'm sure it would had worked. Anyway, if it's to play in that A1200, the best player I know for aiff is Songplayer, and with SongFace appearance (no Delfina needed).

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_w...wItcanLook.jpg

Last edited by Retrofan; 21 December 2011 at 14:34.
Old 21 December 2011, 11:11   #11
Graham Humphrey

Retrofan - just a friendly nudge, can you please be a little careful regarding the images you post as I've had a couple of people point out it's making browsing EAB a little difficult for them while they're at work. Cheers
Old 21 December 2011, 13:57   #12
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Sorry, it's the only image of songface you can find. Now with a link.

Well, now I've got no pitched sound at all with Songplayer. Not sure what it was, but perfect then. I have to try anyway with the files of ancalimon, although not sure how to use them.
Old 21 December 2011, 13:59   #13
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Delfina works just fine with Amplifier both as a sound card and also as an hardware MPEG decoder.
Never bothered with any other player since Amplifier worked as intended.
Driver that I used was the latest 4.17b392 that was working without issues in my A4000 mounted via clockport on a Deneb USB adapter.

As for how to make it work with Amplifier, I'll try and mount my old backup partition and tell you the settings.
Old 21 December 2011, 14:09   #14
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks mfilos, because in Audio I/O I've got 3 options, Aiff/Maud Player 1.3, Wav Player 1.3 and MPEG audio player 1.6. I was trying with this last, but no sound, and configuring Layer III to hardware was rebooting the Amiga.

EDIT: No need, thanks mfilos...it works incredibly right (even better than songplayer I think) with the first link of ancalimon, delfinampeg.device, and the instructions are clear and easy.

A little off topic, but how could I play an mp3 file from booting easily?

Last edited by Retrofan; 21 December 2011 at 14:32.
Old 21 December 2011, 16:08   #15
ancalimon
Supernormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Thanks mfilos, because in Audio I/O I've got 3 options, Aiff/Maud Player 1.3, Wav Player 1.3 and MPEG audio player 1.6. I was trying with this last, but no sound, and configuring Layer III to hardware was rebooting the Amiga.

EDIT: No need, thanks mfilos...it works incredibly right (even better than songplayer I think) with the first link of ancalimon, delfinampeg.device, and the instructions are clear and easy.

A little off topic, but how could I play an mp3 file from booting easily?
http://aminet.net/package/mus/play/DelfMPEG

This is what I used.
Old 21 December 2011, 16:43   #16
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancalimon View Post
Thanks. I'll try it. Now posting with the Amiga OS39/AfA_OS
Old 21 December 2011, 20:39   #17
musojon74

Glad you got it sorted. Is it the clockport delfina or the flipper you have? (I see the clockport one is available and as long as that supports soundstudio, mp3 playback in hardware etc that's ok).

EDIT sorry read title. Is the flipper the same as the clockport one on offer at Individual computers?

Last edited by musojon74; 21 December 2011 at 20:40. Reason: i'm so lame and don't read thread titles
Old 22 December 2011, 00:03   #18
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by musojon74 View Post
Glad you got it sorted. Is it the clockport delfina or the flipper you have? (I see the clockport one is available and as long as that supports soundstudio, mp3 playback in hardware etc that's ok).

EDIT sorry read title. Is the flipper the same as the clockport one on offer at Individual computers?
Mine is the one that IC sells (Vesalia in this case), the same than Novacoder, as he bought it after I did.

http://www.vesalia.de/e_delfina.htm. You can ask to Amigakit too, but I don't find it there.