English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 16 June 2017, 23:35   #1
Sinphaltimus

Adjusting Keyboard input?

Perhaps a stupid question i might be able to answer by simply reading all the available info (RTFM anyone?) but I have to ask.

Many WHDLoad games require pressing the Print Screen key to exit. Well, for some reason that never works for me. The print screen key on the PC keyboard doesn't seem to register as a print screen Amiga key press so I always have to reset the emulation. Is there anything specific I'm missing, maybe a custom key map I have to configure or something?
Old 16 June 2017, 23:42   #2
Amiga1992

This will sound stupid, but did you have Num Lock on or off? It should register.
But yes, you can make your own keyboard config if you want. I mapped Right Amiga to a different key for example.
Old 16 June 2017, 23:57   #3
Sinphaltimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
This will sound stupid, but did you have Num Lock on or off? It should register.
But yes, you can make your own keyboard config if you want. I mapped Right Amiga to a different key for example.
My numlock is usually always on. But glad to hear I can change the KB mappings. Thanks for that.

EDIT: Well, I can test the keyboard and I find that the print screen button is configured not as a print screen for the Amiga but instead to capture a screenshot to the clipboard. I can't seem to figure out how to change that at all.

Last edited by Sinphaltimus; 17 June 2017 at 00:52.
Old 17 June 2017, 09:11   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

It should be easier to change the whdload key by editing whdload.prefs. Unless you want to map it to key that normal Amiga keyboard does not have.
Old 17 June 2017, 09:56   #5
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

On an Amiga, the numeric "*" key is also labelled (on the front of the key) as the PrtSc key. (See eg. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-d-QKHGfMq0...2BKeyboard.jpg)

This key (scancode $5D) is mapped to the numeric "*" key on an IBM PC, by default.

Last edited by Minuous; 17 June 2017 at 10:11.
Old 17 June 2017, 11:10   #6
Sinphaltimus

@Toni - Sure that's a viable option - I don't really care how just so I can exit. LOL!

@Minuius - OH! That's it then. It's just a different key. I can live with that. I'll confirm later.

Thanks all!

EDIT: That was it all along, the asterix. I better take a good look at the Amiga keys from now on so I can figure out any other mappings. Thanks again.

Last edited by Sinphaltimus; 17 June 2017 at 12:39.