English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 07 May 2009, 20:21   #1
extralife

gianna sisters and menace

So I discovered the very nice flashtro crack + trains, coz I was looking for a good disk version of battle squardron and to my joy galahad and the flashtro boys made a great pal crack of that super game thx guys, anyways, I found the great gianna sisters aswell, but, it seems like I get problems with this release when I try to save my highscore , I have not seen this mentioned anywhere else, also while im at the flashtro cracks, I allso have problems booting menace it just gets stuck after the loader picture of the big ship ?!?!? I should mention I run these two games on an a500 with 512k exp. mem and kick 1.2, its kinda sad coz I really like the flashtro releases, they do remind me abit of the c64 remember and nostalgia cracks+fixes
Old 09 May 2009, 21:46   #2
extralife

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...ighlight=giana
eeek, seems like this bug could have snugg into the gianna flashtro crack
I asume that is the case, so gianna case closed i guess
offcoz that still leaves me with the odd menace crash when booting
Old 09 May 2009, 21:57   #3
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

There will be fully working Menace crack (including 680x0 fixes and hi-score saving etc.) soon. (Crash happens because of some dirty exception vector patching in the game).
Old 10 May 2009, 14:27   #4
extralife

thx stingray, u allways have the answers here m8,
I had menace run last night, but with weird crap showing on loader pic, so I was thinking maybe something odd was going on with the loader or something, like in gianna sisters, but it crashed my machine completely into a black screen and a few seconds later it would look like something got fried on the screen lol
are u making this fix as a old/new crack-fix on disk or as whdload ? If u are making a one disk fix/crack plz add a highscore saver m8........lol oh u allready are cool
I hope u will do more of this stuff, I miss a highscore saver in many more games u know Thx for all your fiddling with these old programs m8

edit:speaking of highscore savers, do i remember wrong or didn't battle squadron highscore save ??
Old 11 May 2009, 11:39   #5
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
are u making this fix as a old/new crack-fix on disk or as whdload ? If u are making a one disk fix/crack plz add a highscore saver m8........
This will be a Jewel version just like my Ikari Warriors release last year, i.e. I cracked, trained (+12 atm) and 680x0 fixed it. Thus it will work on any Amiga from plain 68000 A500 to A4000/060. It will be a normal disk version. Hiscore saving is already implemented. (current Flashtro release crashes at this point as it hasn't been patched)

Most of the work is already done, just need to code a new trainer menu (or maybe I'll just recycle my old one :P).
Old 11 May 2009, 11:48   #6
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Recycle and release... or how do they say? Looking forward to your version Sting (and what the '+12' will be )
Old 11 May 2009, 19:45   #7
extralife

that is great news stingray, are u putting a nice little cracktro on aswell, like in the old days ? anyways i'm looking forward to this crack, done the way its supposed to be
Old 14 May 2015, 21:27   #8
butfluffy

only just came across this thread as i was going to try out the menace game.
did stingray ever finish the crack for menace? i cant find it by searching on the server.
i see from this thread that the flashtro version is a bad crack but are any of the other cracks good? there are melnok and ackerlight cracked versions on the server but i figured maybe all cracked menace versions were bad because stingray mentioned progress on a working crack for menace.