English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 07 November 2001, 16:18   #1
Tim Janssen

Eek Entity: Help & info needed

I am having trouble with a game called Entity by Loriciel in 1993.
It is one of the weirdest Amiga games I’ve ever played: the graphics seem to be digitised and background music has an ambient mood. This game stars a leather-clad blonde who must fight her way to huge multi-directional scrolling worlds.

The game is very difficult to play. Due to dodgy controls I keep on losing many lives. As a result I cannot get past the second world (the one which takes place in the mountains).

I have a couple of questions about this game so if anyone can help I would be grateful:
1- How many worlds do exist in the game?
2- Has anyone ever finished this game? If so, (see bullet 3)
3- Does a cheat for infinite lives/time/energy exist?
Old 07 November 2001, 19:05   #2
RetroMan

I never played it myself but I found these Action Replay codes, maybe it helps you a bit

007AEF - Energy
00BAEB - Live
Old 07 November 2001, 19:46   #3
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

That broad is very tacky 80's looking. What a cheap Lita Ford wanna be.
Old 07 November 2001, 21:31   #4
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Re: Entity: Help & info needed

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Janssen

I have a couple of questions about this game so if anyone can help I would be grateful:
1- How many worlds do exist in the game?
2- Has anyone ever finished this game? If so, (see bullet 3)
3- Does a cheat for infinite lives/time/energy exist?

I think the game has 5 worlds. Once you are used to the controls it isn't that hard ( I managed to get to level 3 without having to continue and with some lives left ) In the beginning jumping over pits is a little difficult, but with practice it isn't that hard.
The main problem why I haven't played this game again in a very long time is that it takes ages to play. ( at least half and hour to get to level 3 ! ) Last time I played I got until the end of level 3.

Here are some tips I once wrote down to remember when I might play the game again in the future:

Always progress slowly, and try to shoot down all enemies because once they are killed they won't reappear
But don't stand around too long because energy goes down with time - even if you don't touch anything. Keep looking on the right end of the screen and if some enemy ( e.g. bird ) appears then stop immediately and shoot diagonally upwards ( hold the button pressed and keep pushing up & right )
If you pick up an invincible potion then run to the right as fast as possible. Don't waste time killing enemies then !
Also, if you see a big healing potion then first have a look how much energy you still have left. Remember that the potion always fills you up to 100%, so if you still have much energy then first progress to the right and kill some enemies and return later and pick up the potion.
In the first level, the dino which looks like a rhino can be killed by jumping and ducking alternately.
The big brontosaurus can be killed by jumping & shooting in the right frequency. Some can even be killed by standing from far away and shooting diagonally right/upwards.

Hope this helps

ps: In level 2 it's rather difficult to find all parts of the rod. If you cannot find a part then I hope I can remember where they can be found....
Old 08 November 2001, 13:17   #5
Tim Janssen

Smile Thanks

Overdoc & Retroman: Thanks for the tips and codes.
Frederic: Thanks for your... err.... opinion

Entity's biggest fault is the lack of a save-game or even a password option. Playing the same levels all over again is not my idea of fun. Maybe that is the main reason I have not progressed that far.
Overdoc, I already have found some of the tips myself but I did not know about the trick with the Rhino. By the way, how does World 3 look like? Does it take place in an other era and how does the environment look like?
Old 08 November 2001, 17:49   #6
Amiga1992

I've got to try this one... Looks lik Megadrive's "Alisia Dragoon", but with a scantily-clad leather babe and general frenchy weirdness
Old 09 November 2001, 00:18   #7
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Janssen
Overdoc, I already have found some of the tips myself but I did not know about the trick with the Rhino. By the way, how does World 3 look like? Does it take place in an other era and how does the environment look like?
Well, level 3 takes place in a forest. You also have to climb trees there to get some parts of the rod. There are also quite some extra lives hidden in this level ( at least 2 if I remember correctly )

I completely agree with you: If there would be a savegame option or passwords then this would be a rather good game.
But that's the problem with lots of games in my opinion. They are simply too long and once I have got far in them I loose interest because I don't want to play for an hour before I reach the part of the game I failed last time.

Some other examples of this kind are:

Deliverance
Fire & Ice
James Pond II - Codename Robocod
Shadow of the Beast I
Project X
Arabian Nights
Lionheart

All excellent games in which I have progressed rather far ( except Project X, which gets damn hard in level 2 ) but haven't finished them because of endless gameplay without any savegame or passwords....
Old 12 November 2001, 11:10   #8
Tim Janssen

Smile Some reasons to play Entity and more

Overdoc,
Thanks for the info about the third world of Entity. I wonder if anyone has ever finished this game.
The other games you mention suffer a similar lack of save-option although in my my copy of Lionheart I can skip to any level with the F-keys. I have to admit it is only a beta-version.
Project X always gets on my nerves. The only way I can finish Level 2 is to cheat by flying in the bottom of the screen below the waterfalls.

Akira,
I thoroughly recommend Entity because it is one of the strangest yet fascinating games I have ever booted on my Amiga. Despite the game not having a save- option there is a certain urge to get further in it. The monsters, music and backgrounds are varied in the two (extremely large) levels I have played. Also, in World 2 one can find one of the coolest weapons that has ever graced any Amiga game: a rotating thunderbolt. Holding down fire-button the thunder rotates close to the heroine. Once any other organism comes on-screen the thunder strikes an electrifying blow to the enemy. This is one of the most amazing special effects seen in this game. Hell, this weapon even beats Turrican’s arsenal! Somehow I begin to like this game more and more.