English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.SPS (was CAPS)

Old 11 March 2013, 18:51   #541
bobbydeacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydeacs View Post
I am original author of this game in 1990. I upgraded the graphics in 1994 for Risc PC, but this never got to market. If anyone's interested, let me know.

If anyone downloads this game, I believe the site has image files of the original instructions. Without them, it's too hardcore to just pick up and play except maybe on the easiest skill level.

With them, it's extremely satisfying - I myself still only average 1 or 2 below par on most courses.

Old 25 March 2013, 23:25   #542
MethodGit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Abbott View Post
As an unprotected ADF yes, protected discs currently no.

You'll need to either use an Amiga to dump and convert to APD on a PC, or dump on an Arc with ADFFS to JFD.
I know I'm late to respond to this, but considering I have neither an Amiga or an Arc, is there any other way? Or will I just have to make do with making an ADF of, say, Rick Dangerous, and up it to the FTP?
Old 26 March 2013, 20:48   #543
Jon Abbott

If you look at the preservation list you'll see Rick Dangerous is complete.

The only other means of imaging is Kryoflux, we can't read them quite yet, but its in development.
Old 04 April 2013, 13:09   #544
fellip_nectar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodGit View Post
I know I'm late to respond to this, but considering I have neither an Amiga or an Arc, is there any other way? Or will I just have to make do with making an ADF of, say, Rick Dangerous, and up it to the FTP?
I've actually managed to convert FDI to JFD using a PC and Arculator with !ConvRec, so it is possible - but you'll need to purchase the DISK2FDI software and cable if you don't have them already in order to make protected FDI images.

EDIT: It's also possible to use SAMDisk (which utilises the fdrawcmd.sys driver) to make working disk to disk copies (using the IMD format as an intermediate) of games with certain (but not all) copy protections.

Last edited by fellip_nectar; 04 April 2013 at 13:37.

Old 04 April 2013, 21:24   #545
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fellip_nectar View Post
I've actually managed to convert FDI to JFD using a PC and Arculator with !ConvRec, so it is possible - but you'll need to purchase the DISK2FDI software and cable if you don't have them already in order to make protected FDI images.

EDIT: It's also possible to use SAMDisk (which utilises the fdrawcmd.sys driver) to make working disk to disk copies (using the IMD format as an intermediate) of games with certain (but not all) copy protections.
Most interesting and useful information. Thankyou very much, fellip!

That's not bad at all for your first post here!
Old 07 April 2013, 15:58   #546
Jon Abbott

Quote:
Originally Posted by fellip_nectar View Post
If they're originals, do you want to contribute them to the project? Are there any we don't yet have?
Old 27 May 2013, 10:35   #547
danielj

Hello,
As part of JASPP I've been writing a tool to knock kryoflux dumps into APD files which can ultimately be converted to JFDs if required for use with ADFFS.

Things are moving along with the project and I'm pleased to present a very early version of kryo2apd which is able to convert a kryoflux raw stream into an APD file.

It's written in java, the source code is all on github and it's covered by GPL3:
https://github.com/drdpj/kryotools/

You need Java 7 to run it. The command line is:

java -jar kryo2apd.jar [options] [kryodumpdir]

Currently the only option is -f, this prevents it creating an FM scan of the tracks (you quite often get false positives here, so there's no point in scanning for FM tracks if you know there aren't any, it just inflates the apd).

Some caveats:
It assumes a good dump.

It's designed for professionally mastered, protected, discs - your own discs, and unprotected discs, can be imaged effectively with the standard kryoflux software.

It's alpha-quality. It mostly seems to work but you may have some issues, please let me know if you do!

Cheers,
Daniel
Attached Files
File Type: zip kryo2apd.zip (88.3 KB, 335 views)

Old 21 June 2013, 12:40   #548
AndyGarton

Hi guys, is it possible to transfer Arc files stored on a PC to an Arc hard drive please? In this case an IDE SD card setup. My Arc isn't networked or otherwise connected. I was hoping I could do it somehow via an emulator like WinUAE does for the Amiga?
Old 23 June 2013, 07:06   #549
Jon Abbott

Only possible ways at the minute are Floppy or Network. There may be serial software you could use, but its not something I've ever attempted, so couldn't advice what's needed.
Old 04 July 2013, 17:53   #550
demonian

Fervour on arculator

Hi lads you guys know more about this then me lol
Trying to run the game Fervour
I've tried versions 99a and 99
with settings on arm2 ram at 4 mb using os 3.11
everytime I try to load it I get bad opt code error then crash...
Now according to a few old sites ppl have had this work i've emailed all over without a single reply.
If you guys can help very much appreciated

Bring back my nostalgia!!

Old 05 July 2013, 06:14   #551
Jon Abbott

I presume this is under emulation...try ARM3, ram and OS are correct.
Old 09 July 2013, 19:45   #552
demonian

Getting the same problems using other settings please help guys

Old 10 July 2013, 04:54   #553
Jon Abbott

That is Arculator's general error for an unsupported instruction.

Does ArcFS load when launched?
Try using SparkFS or SparkPlug instead of ArcFS.
Try a different emulator, such as Red Squirrel if all else fails.
Old 10 July 2013, 05:00   #554
demonian

Not sure how to apply the use of SparkFS,
I've tried other emulation to no avail but a few old dead forums suggest arculator because they had it working?

Thanks for your help so far..

Old 10 July 2013, 21:15   #555
Jon Abbott

Just run SparkFS and then double click on the Archive file.

Does ArcFS load if you double click on it?
Old 18 July 2013, 13:41   #556
demonian

Working woop

Took a bit of a fiddle Jon but it turns out it was corrupt but after few days working on the file all is well

Thankyou ever so much for your help I hope this project will come on nicely looking forward on creating some art from it

Old 13 September 2013, 23:08   #557
Jon Abbott

ADFFS 2.19 is now available from the JASPP development site.

A big thanks go to Steve Harrison and Paul Vernon for many hours of development and testing to get this version ready.

Last edited by Jon Abbott; 11 November 2017 at 22:20. Reason: Update link
Old 06 October 2013, 20:54   #558
Jon Abbott

ADFFS 2.20 is available and we've started releasing games that we have permission for.

The full archives contain PDF manuals, box scans, floppy scans etc, or you can download just the floppy images. Where games require protection material, it will be noted in game information.

Last edited by Jon Abbott; 11 November 2017 at 22:21.
Old 11 November 2013, 13:43   #559
RMilne

Hi Guys, am I right in thinking the various adfs that were in the zone have been removed? I was googling for Overload when I stumbled across this thread and now feel like I'm a little late to the party.

Old 03 January 2014, 14:18   #560
vexation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMilne View Post
Hi Guys, am I right in thinking the various adfs that were in the zone have been removed? I was googling for Overload when I stumbled across this thread and now feel like I'm a little late to the party.
I grabbed it back in April 2012, never got around to testing it tho. Have re-upped it to the Zone. Hope that helps!