English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 23 February 2016, 00:43   #1
Amigajay
醉拳

Unofficial CD32 Release - The Ultimate Amiga Dizzy Collection CD32

Two unofficial CD32 releases in one day, i know, I'm good to you guys!
I mostly put this one together over the weekend, and got the final game working today, and I'm away over the next couple of evenings so thought I'd chuck it out there this evening.

This release contains all 11 Dizzy related games that were released on the Amiga;

Fast Food
Spellbound Dizzy
Crystal Kingdom Dizzy
Fantastic Dizzy
Fantasy World Dizzy
Magicland Dizzy
Prince Of The Yolkfolk
Treasure Island Dizzy
Bubble Dizzy
Dizzy Panic
Kwiksnax

Controls have been enhanced where available, but I've left 'up' as jump because if one game really suits it its Dizzy, but other than that pause has been added to most games and a couple of games have more buttons, but all the controls for each game are in the readme file.

Original Slaves written by;

Fast Food - John Girvin / Spellbound Dizzy - DJ Mike
Crystal Kingdom Dizzy - Abaddon / Fantastic Dizzy - Abaddon/Bored Seal
Fantasy World Dizzy - Bored Seal / Magicland Dizzy - Abaddon/Bored Seal/StingRay
Prince Of The Yolkfolk - Bored Seal / Treasure Island Dizzy - Codetapper
Bubble Dizzy - Bored Seal / Dizzy Panic - Bored Seal / Kwiksnax - Bored Seal

Thanks to Yolkfolk for use of their Dizzy images and logo.
The download contains the game ISO, Cover Art and Read Me (which tell you everything you need to know about controls and credits.

Download is on the eab server uploads/cd32 folder*

*Details for registering for access to the eab server.
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=43633

Last edited by Amigajay; 22 October 2016 at 23:54.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 23 February 2016, 00:45   #2
newflesh1

Nice thanks
Old 23 February 2016, 06:03   #3
earok

another amazing release
Old 23 February 2016, 06:29   #4
jotd
Cat freak

Nice credits. Is CD32load part of the OS or what ?
Old 23 February 2016, 09:21   #5
Amigajay
醉拳

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
Nice credits. Is CD32load part of the OS or what ?
?You have been credited in the readme file, i'm sure those wishing to know how each game is loaded can easily open up the startup file!
Old 25 February 2016, 18:15   #6
twiggy

Amazing stuff. I do wonder how trivial it would be to implement support for PSX adapters?
Old 29 February 2016, 01:11   #7
MethodGit

This may sound like a silly question, but is there any particular advantage to using the WHDized floppy versions of Magicland, Spellbound, Yolkfolk and Fantastic over the actual, 1-filed CD≥≤ versions from The Big Six?
Old 29 February 2016, 01:20   #8
Amigajay
醉拳

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodGit View Post
This may sound like a silly question, but is there any particular advantage to using the WHDized floppy versions of Magicland, Spellbound, Yolkfolk and Fantastic over the actual, 1-filed CD≥≤ versions from The Big Six?
If they work under cd32load then the controls can be enhanced for the cd32 pad, though mainly i think i used them because i couldnt get them all running directly from the cd.
Old 29 February 2016, 02:22   #9
jotd
Cat freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
?You have been credited in the readme file, i'm sure those wishing to know how each game is loaded can easily open up the startup file!
Sorry for the peak of need for recognition! Of course CD32Load is part of your OS now.
Old 01 March 2016, 13:23   #10
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

You might get away with adding "Dizzy The Ultimate Cartoon Adventure" I remember there was a pretty fast ZX Spectrum emulator on aminet that could run a 020.

Sadly the first game never got ported to the Amiga/ST
Old 01 March 2016, 14:18   #11
Amigajay
醉拳

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You might get away with adding "Dizzy The Ultimate Cartoon Adventure" I remember there was a pretty fast ZX Spectrum emulator on aminet that could run a 020.

Sadly the first game never got ported to the Amiga/ST
yeah i did think about that, though i doubt i have the skills to archive such a thing, plus I've run out of buttons on the menu system, it would have to be on one of those 'hold down red etc' on boot to load.

Plus there is of course the two NES Dizzy games that would be great if they got ported in the future that could be added also. Obviously alot of work to port those in the same way Solomans Key was.
Old 01 March 2016, 18:18   #12
MethodGit

Quote:
yeah i did think about that, though i doubt i have the skills to archive such a thing, plus I've run out of buttons on the menu system, it would have to be on one of those 'hold down red etc' on boot to load.

Plus there is of course the two NES Dizzy games that would be great if they got ported in the future that could be added also. Obviously alot of work to port those in the same way Solomans Key was.
Don't forget about the more-recently unearthed NES game Wonderland Dizzy in that case!
Old 02 March 2016, 05:04   #13
earok

@AmigaJay have a button on the main menu for the "Big Six", and then use the original CD32 launcher program for those games

Has anyone given thought to using the Reality Engine for a remake of Dizzy 1 etc? I'm not sure how flexible it is but I know it has a module specifically for Dizzy clones.
Old 02 March 2016, 10:44   #14
Amigajay
醉拳

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
@AmigaJay have a button on the main menu for the "Big Six", and then use the original CD32 launcher program for those games

Has anyone given thought to using the Reality Engine for a remake of Dizzy 1 etc? I'm not sure how flexible it is but I know it has a module specifically for Dizzy clones.
Yeah i did originally think that, but a couple of things why i didn't, i wanted them to be able to load them individually from the main menu, not load another menu to pick from one of the 'big 6' titles.

Secondly, Fantastic Dizzy has CD audio, without having more technical skills it played in silence, so i went with the OCS version.

Oh another thing was one or two CD32 versions of Dizzy used blue for jump, whilst it would have been ok for one title on another disc, i wanted all Dizzy games to play the same and have the original 'up' for jump.

So I'm happy with the final disc, it is what the title says 'the ultimate amiga dizzy collection' if we add spectrum and nes versions it would need renaming and a new cover...maybe a sequel disc if/when the nes games are doable.
Old 02 March 2016, 13:27   #15
earok

fair enough!

Regarding CD Audio, ImgBurn is a great tool for making CUE files (just drag your ISO on to the wizard, and then the MP3/WAV files, and then you're set).
Old 02 March 2016, 13:36   #16
Amigajay
醉拳

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
fair enough!

Regarding CD Audio, ImgBurn is a great tool for making CUE files (just drag your ISO on to the wizard, and then the MP3/WAV files, and then you're set).
Yeah i use ImgBurn for all my discs anyway, i did originally try having the CD32 version of Fantastic Dizzy with the CD audio, but of course the data track won't be the same as the original and no audio plays at all, (i burned with the iso renamed to that of the big 6 to match the cue file) that's the part i won't be able to do.
In the future it would be cool to have multiple CD32 games that have cd audio (1 or 2 tracks) on one disc in the way the Grandslam Collection has collected them together.
Old 03 March 2016, 21:25   #17
Yolkfolk

Graphics from Yolkfolk.com

Hi.
While I fully welcome the conversion of the Dizzy series to CD32.
Have you credited myself as the creator of the images you have used for the menu?
They have more than a striking resemblance to http://yolkfolk.com/playdizzy/

Many Thanks

Andrew.

Old 03 March 2016, 21:31   #18
Amigajay
醉拳

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolkfolk View Post
Hi.
While I fully welcome the conversion of the Dizzy series to CD32.
Have you credited myself as the creator of the images you have used for the menu?
They have more than a striking resemblance to http://yolkfolk.com/playdizzy/

Many Thanks

Andrew.
Hi,

Sorry for neglecting to credit you for the menu images, i always credit people where needed, so apologies and i will rectify it shortly.

Great site btw!
Old 03 March 2016, 21:43   #19
Yolkfolk

Quote:
Hi,

Sorry for neglecting to credit you for the menu images, i always credit people where needed, so apologies and i will rectify it shortly.

Great site btw!
Thats okay. . Was just checking . Downloaded and its a great compilation.
If there is anything I can help you with I'd be more than happy to.. Images, graphics etc.

Andrew.

Old 03 March 2016, 22:15   #20
goldarmour

I'm having trouble finding the download link
Can someone help me?
Thanks in advance....
AdSense AdSense