English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > EAB's competition

Old 15 January 2017, 11:31   #1
Graham Humphrey

EAB/Lemon Super League 2017: Round 2 Game Vote

EAB/Lemon Super League 2017: Round 2 Game Vote - GAMES REVIEWED IN ISSUES 11-13 OF AMIGA POWER
Starts: 00:01 January 15 Finishes: 23:59 January 28

Rules

Full rules are here.

Vote for five games.

Your first choice gets 5 points, second 4 pts, third 3 pts, fourth 2 pts, fifth 1 pt.

This is the first theme round of the season. You can only vote for games within the specified subject. In this round, we are playing suitable games that were reviewed in issue 11, 12 and 13 of Amiga Power magazine. This covers full-price, re-releases and Public Domain games.

Remember to choose games suitable for competition play. Edited votes will be discounted (unless told otherwise) so think before you post. Please only vote on one board - either EAB or Lemon.

If a game comes in ECS and AGA versions, please state your preference in your vote. In the event the versions differ gameplay-wise, the version with most votes will be played. ECS is the default if you don't specify.
The winner of Round 1 has double voting power for Round 2. (1 = 10 points, 2 = 8 points etc). However, because the voting for the next round ends before the current round ends, players must place their votes and wait for the current round to end to see who will have their vote doubled.

Tactical or nosey voters can see the Lemon voting thread here.

You can see the index of reviews for these magazine on AMR here (excluding PD games which are listed in the 'Other' tab) - Issue 11, Issue 12, Issue 13

Here's the full list of eligible games that can be voted for (HOL links found in the links above, may be added here later)...

Issue 11 - March 1992
Big Run
Black Hornet
Borobodur
Jupiter's Masterdrive
Manix
Mindbender
Mystical
Top Banana
Videokid
Doody

Issue 12 - April 1992
Cavitas
Denaris
Edd The Duck
James Pond
Parasol Stars
Renegade
Space Gun
Tornado Ground Attack
Venus The Flytrap
Growth

Issue 13 - May 1992
Anarchy
Apidya
Blood Money
Ivanhoe
Project X
RoboCop
The Untouchables
Willy's Waterworks
Obliteration

Last edited by Graham Humphrey; 17 January 2017 at 00:42.
Old 15 January 2017, 11:32   #2
Graham Humphrey

I hope this all makes sense - this is a new theme for us so there may well be one or two teething problems.

I haven't had time to check every game for suitability so I have made some judgment calls on them - if any of these are unsuitable, or I've missed out any that are feasible (but please tell me how they are feasible!) then let me know. Of course, games in the 'already played between 2011-2017' list don't count.
Old 15 January 2017, 14:42   #3
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

1 - Parasol Stars
2 - Apidya
3 - Obliteration
4 - Big Run
5 - Anarchy
Old 15 January 2017, 14:47   #4
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Where's Lemon voters page?
Old 15 January 2017, 14:52   #5
Graham Humphrey

Not up yet. I am sure that will come later today.
Old 15 January 2017, 15:02   #6
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Let's work so 2017 is always like this, they chasing behind us.
Old 15 January 2017, 16:43   #7
Graham Humphrey

1. Apidya
2. Parasol Stars
3. Project X
4. Videokid
5. Space Gun
Old 16 January 2017, 01:34   #8
Harry
HD Installer

1. Venus the Flytrap
2. Apidya
3. Anarchy
4. Videokid
5. Borobodur

3 more magazines would have been better for bigger choice.
Old 17 January 2017, 06:18   #9
mihcael
Zone Friend

1. Doody
  2. Blood Money
  3. Denaris
  4. Space Gun
  5. Black Hornet
Old 17 January 2017, 23:14   #10
linesmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry View Post
1. Venus the Flytrap
2. Apidya
3. Anarchy
4. Videokid
5. Borobodur

3 more magazines would have been better for bigger choice.
I was actually thinking that the number of games on offer was spot on.
Old 17 January 2017, 23:18   #11
ransom1122

1. Venus the Flytrap
2. Apidya
3. Borobodur
4. Videokid
5. Parasol Stars
Old 17 January 2017, 23:34   #12
lifeschool
Local Moderator

@ mihcael - does this mean you are playing for EAB this season? I didnt expect anyone to defect in order to break the tie we had last year.

@shatterhand - sorry I posted a bit late in the day on Lemon. I made up for it by spending an hour linking up all the games to their database counterparts, and adding a quick reference tag to each one, so hopefully the list makes more sense.

I was also thinking the choice of games is a perfect number. The limited selection means the same games get votes from all sides, and until the end its a close battle with no obvious winners.

Last edited by lifeschool; 17 January 2017 at 23:49.
Old 17 January 2017, 23:39   #13
Graham Humphrey

To be fair, I was thinking afterwards that - although having six issues would have been too many - I could have fit in one more and got another 8-10 games in that way, but if you think about it, we have fewer games on offer in Mystery Rounds, and even in certain Year/Letter Rounds so it's not especially unreasonable. And there's a good mix of well-known, instantly appealing games and perhaps less obvious but equally-suitable choices, something which hopefully the final voting results will bear out.
Old 18 January 2017, 00:55   #14
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Lifeschool, nothing to be sorry about mate It's all good, I just made a joke to spice up the "rivalry" between forums

I prefer a more limited number of games to vote too, I think it gets a lot more interesting this way.

I put one vote for Anarchy without have ever even heard about it. I checked a few screenshots, a video, and it looked like I game I would like to try out. Also the same with Venus the Flytrap (which I had heard about it but had never seen).. it also looked like a nice game, but Anarchy being a shoot'em up got more of my attention
Old 18 January 2017, 06:22   #15
mihcael
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeschool View Post
@ mihcael - does this mean you are playing for EAB this season? I didnt expect anyone to defect in order to break the tie we had last year.

... I made up for it by spending an hour linking up all the games to their database counterparts, and adding a quick reference tag to each one, so hopefully the list makes more sense.

I was also thinking the choice of games is a perfect number. ...
Possibly, Its so quiet on Lemon that I only go there to look to see if anyone has posted in the Competition Moderators forum, I guess im feeling abit annoyed by the same old forum.

I did appreciate the work on the links, was very helpful for me when voting

I also think it was decent pool of games, hopefully something different gets a run.
Old 18 January 2017, 19:13   #16
lifeschool
Local Moderator

@ mihcael. Perhaps you are doing the most honourable thing of all, by supporting EAB and keeping the competition alive. At one point last year, I was really worried when only 4 people were posting on EAB, and the team talk dropped to zero. Perhaps you can help Shatterhand get some banter going on over here, and encourage a bit of fighting talk?

-
I think the magazine dates in this round offered a good mix of known and lesser known games. If we went with 1994 Issues next year, you can bet there would be (too) many more famous games and perhaps a much harder choice!, or for 1988 Issues there would be too few good games and a very much harder choice.

--

Shatterhand - the best way to imagine Anarchy is to take the background from Agony level 3, and place a Defender game in front of it. I've never played the game to any extent, so I cant say if its fun to play.

Last edited by lifeschool; 18 January 2017 at 19:18.
Old 18 January 2017, 21:18   #17
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
Perhaps you can help Shatterhand get some banter going on over here, and encourage a bit of fighting talk
Shoo, he is ours now, go back to your place , he wants to hang with the cool guys.
Old 19 January 2017, 01:13   #18
DisposableHero

1 Project-X
2 Apidya
3 Blood Money
4 Parasol Stars
5 Space Gun
Old 19 January 2017, 09:47   #19
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeschool View Post
@ mihcael. Perhaps you are doing the most honourable thing of all, by supporting EAB and keeping the competition alive. At one point last year, I was really worried when only 4 people were posting on EAB, and the team talk dropped to zero. Perhaps you can help Shatterhand get some banter going on over here, and encourage a bit of fighting talk?

-
I think the magazine dates in this round offered a good mix of known and lesser known games. If we went with 1994 Issues next year, you can bet there would be (too) many more famous games and perhaps a much harder choice!, or for 1988 Issues there would be too few good games and a very much harder choice.

--

Shatterhand - the best way to imagine Anarchy is to take the background from Agony level 3, and place a Defender game in front of it. I've never played the game to any extent, so I cant say if its fun to play.
I will be jumping in again soon mate, It has been a while, I do have a lot going on but I am severely missing my Amiga game time
Old 19 January 2017, 09:58   #20
liviux76

Jupiter's Masterdrive
James Pond
Project X
Ivanhoe
Apidya