English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.TOSEC (amiga only)

Old 21 December 2009, 20:41   #61
prowler
Global Moderator

Hi, Philly, and welcome to EAB!

The disk you are looking for was not among those which hitm4n sent me for imaging, so it was never uploaded to the Zone.

The Jolly Roger's Cookbook disk was one of three disks which hitm4n found in TOSECs and binned just before sending the others to me.
Old 21 December 2009, 20:49   #62
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Thanks for the info prowler

You can find the TOSEC version of the Jolly Roger Cookbook on the EAB file server (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=43633) in the folder 'TOSEC/Docs' Philly
Old 22 December 2009, 02:15   #63
Philly

Ok guys thats excellent, I`ll take a looky see if its the one with the demo. Ill let you know!

Old 22 December 2009, 02:43   #64
Philly

Damn it! No demo at all, I think this is the one on BTTR. (Version 3), Im not sure which one I had though, but deffo not this one unless someone removed the demo so it loads quicker. Its a real mystery, Like I said that demo had its 15 mins of fame and from what I can gather seems to be a missing demo. I remember being quite impressed by it as a boy (not just cos of its celebrity status either, lol). I wonder if I should post a seperate thread where more people would see it and see if we can get it or its demo to turn up from someones loft???

Old 22 December 2009, 22:34   #65
prowler
Global Moderator

Let's hope that hitm4n checked that the TOSEC version of the disk was identical to his before binning it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly View Post
Its a real mystery, Like I said that demo had its 15 mins of fame and from what I can gather seems to be a missing demo. I remember being quite impressed by it as a boy (not just cos of its celebrity status either, lol). I wonder if I should post a seperate thread where more people would see it and see if we can get it or its demo to turn up from someones loft???
I think that's your best bet.

Start a new thread and provide as much information as you can. You'll never know what might turn up otherwise.
Old 23 December 2009, 11:29   #66
hitm4n

Well.. Heres what happened. I had 40 or so discs for archiving, i checked the tosecs for anything missing and anything i found in tosecs i did throw in the bin.

But only games and demos.

I still have a handful of discs that i probably will never throw away so long as i still have a working Amiga (well, i hope it still works). DOpus 4.12, Quarterback Tools, MessySid III, TUDE, CacheCDFS, ReloKick etc, but the JRCB is also one of those discs. The floppy disc bomb is a classic, i'll never forget it - lol.

I was never aware of different versions of this cookbook, and i honestly don't recall it having a demo as an intro, but its a seriously long time ago it was last loaded so i could easily be wrong. I would gladly send it to Prowler for archival if it can be returned again intact.

I have a second disc that is very similar to JRCB called "Logic's Book of Forbidden Knowledge". Probably holds mostly the same info wrapped in a new GUI.

In fact Prowler, i've checked thru my discs again, there are 4 other discs i'd love to have as ADF's too. They are custom personal discs, a couple of utility discs and a disclist i created myself with intro anim, music etc. A friend and i wanted to create a trading group and we gave ourselves the name "CCT". Ahhh the nostalgia, this was 20 years ago.
Old 23 December 2009, 22:40   #67
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitm4n View Post
In fact Prowler, i've checked thru my discs again, there are 4 other discs i'd love to have as ADF's too. They are custom personal discs, a couple of utility discs and a disclist i created myself with intro anim, music etc. A friend and i wanted to create a trading group and we gave ourselves the name "CCT". Ahhh the nostalgia, this was 20 years ago.
Hi Hitm4n,

Thanks for catching up with this thread so quickly.

You are welcome to send me any disks you have that you wish to see preserved as ADFs. I will give them by best attention just like the others.

As I said previously, I never bin original disks, so you are welcome to have them back once I have images of them to distribute.

I would suggest that you wait until the Christmas/New Year holiday is over and for the weather to improve a little and then send them down to me.

I'll return them to you as soon as I have good images of them.

Just let me know when you're ready and whether you still have my address details.
Old 23 December 2009, 23:20   #68
hitm4n

I've got your address and i've packaged them up already Will send on the 4th January probably (when i go back to work). 6 discs, all for return please, i've included a couple of stamps too. Lovely.
Old 23 December 2009, 23:29   #69
prowler
Global Moderator

Thanks, mate!

That's something to look forward to after the holiday. I'll let you know when I receive them. If they're in good shape, I'll probably get them imaged the same day.

I've still got your return address too. I'm happy to be returning them to you this time.
Old 24 December 2009, 00:04   #70
hitm4n

Keep hold of that address, i forgot to write it in the package.
Old 24 December 2009, 00:08   #71
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Keep hold of that address, i forgot to write it in the package.
Oops! No problem.
Old 31 December 2009, 23:19   #72
prowler
Global Moderator

Hi hitm4n,

Your package was here when I got home this evening.

I guess you must have decided to post it early.

I'll dump them for you tomorrow. How would you like me to make the images available? I'll not distribute them if you don't want me to.
Old 02 January 2010, 00:51   #73
prowler
Global Moderator

Okay, I have successfully dumped six new disk images.

NANOOK.adf
Logic's Book Of Forbidden Knowledge

BATMAN.adf
Jolly Roger's Cookbook III
(This disk image does not match the
Jolly Roger Cookbook Version III.adf in TOSEC.)

LIST01.adf
Mr.Squint's Disklist - Compiled August 1996
SoftWood file IIsg - v1.05
SQUINT'S-DEMOS 02-SEP-1992
SQUINT'S-GAMES 18-MAR-1991
SQUINT's-NEWYS 18-MAR-1991
SQUINT'S-UTILS 18-MAR-1991
SQUINT'S-WANTS 02-SEP-1992

DOpus.adf
Directory Opus v4.12 install disk

UTILS01.adf
Mr.Squint's Utilities Disk 1 - Compiled 10 September 1996
X-COPY PRO v8.0
FILE MASTER v3 020
TXED v1.3
VIRUS CHECKER v8.3
QUARTERBACK TOOLS v1.52
PROTRACKER v3.1b

UTILS02.adf
Mr.Squint's Utilities Disk 2 - Compiled 10 September 1996
488 GAME CHEATS
GAMETAMER
D-COPY v3.1
EXOTIC RIPPER
MULTI-RIPPER v3.0
POWER-TRACKER v1.0
CYGNUS ED PRO v2.3
SNOOPDOS v3.0
AMIGA REALTIME MONITOR v2.03
POWERPACKER v4.1a
SYSINFO v3.23
VIEW v3.0
VMORPH v2.2
ACTION REPLAY v1.5
MULTI FORMAT v1.2

All disks are bootable to a splash screen and/or menu front-end except the Directory Opus v4.12 install disk.
Old 17 January 2010, 21:20   #74
hitm4n

Really sorry to be slow on this. I was subscribed to this thread and i don't recall getting a message about a new post. I was reminded just now about these discs when a friend in another forum started talking about some amiga stuff he's selling on ebay. Well, here i am again...

If you are done with the dumping i would like the discs back. I'm fine with all discs being shared, the JRCB is already out there so releasing mine isn't going to make a difference. The disclist is probably not much good to anyone but it can go out there i guess (what do you think, considering its content ?), and the utils were custom discs i compiled myself that got WELL used by me, a really useful set of discs i think. I just loved File Master...

And i don't know about DOpus with regards the version, wether its a full version, is it publicly available now or still sold in some form ?
Old 17 January 2010, 21:38   #75
prowler
Global Moderator

Hi hitm4n,

Thanks for your reply. I'll upload the disk images to the Zone shortly (one Zip file: Moredisks.zip), and I'll get the disks ready to send back to you tomorrow.
Old 17 January 2010, 23:39   #76
hitm4n

Thx again.
Old 17 January 2010, 23:50   #77
prowler
Global Moderator

You're welcome! I'll let you know when I've sent them.

BTW, I have a last modification to the troublesome R.P.M.Movies2.adf, which I shall upload a new version of in the next few days.

Although the disk worked fine, there is some unwanted remnant of code in the disk block which contains the last part of the sound bounce file. Between the end of the file and the end of the block, there is some data which remains from the fact that the TSGui program copied the contents of Cylinder 46 into Cylinder 47 of the image as well when it couldn't read Cylinder 47. I shall copy the block of data from the original disk and paste it into the disk image. The disk image will then be an exact byte-for-byte copy of the original disk!
Old 18 January 2010, 01:05   #78
hitm4n

Now if you print that post out on some A4 paper, fold it into a paper airplane and throw it over my head.... LOL. Shout when the image is up and i'll leech it. Cheers.
Old 18 January 2010, 01:13   #79
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Now if you print that post out on some A4 paper, fold it into a paper airplane and throw it over my head.... LOL.
LOL!

Quote:
Shout when the image is up and i'll leech it. Cheers.
Will do! I shall probably upload the R.P.M.Movies disk images as a pair, just in case anyone else decides to download it and wonders where the other one is!
Old 29 January 2010, 21:58   #80
prowler
Global Moderator

@hitm4n:

There is no update required for the R.P.M.Movies disk set.

It appears that I have already taken care of that last remnant of code left behind by the TSGui duplication of Cylinder 46 in the R.P.M.MOVIES2 disk image.

BTW, I sent your disks back by First Class post on 18th January, so you should have received them about ten days ago. However, the PM I sent you is still unread.