English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Demos

Old 31 December 2009, 04:10   #1
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli
Demo collection vol. I / Almathera

Hi,

I have found and downloaded the full Demo collection vol. II / Almathera CD. I have read xpect had uploaded vol. I a while ago on EAB FTP Server, in his user folder. But since then, the whole thing has been... errr.. "rearranged" .

So my request is twofold :
  • Is vol. II missing from your collection guys ? If it is, I can ISO it (it was scattered on some web site, so I had to suck it with an offline browser.. It was an endless process) and then upload it to our FTP (I'll delete the directory listing .hml files, if that's OK)
  • Is vol. I still on the FTP ? if yes, where exactly. I have PM'd xpect, but he seems busy
Here is the info which describe these 2 CDs on some FAQ :

Quote:
Originally Posted by some FAQ
One of the best demo-scene oriented CD series is the "Euroscene" series by Almathera. Volume 1 contains about 540meg of demos, mods, graphics and the like.. music modules and graphics are listed by authors, too.
"Euroscene 2", is even better, containing a whole CD worth of well-ordered mods, graphics and demos.. get these 2 CDs and you have practically the whole history of the Scene!
Almathera was a software publishing company which released Phonogenics, among others if I ain't mistaken.
Old 31 December 2009, 04:44   #2
ma693541
Computer Wizard

You can find both Euroscene 1 and 2 on the EAB File Server, under Amiga CD-ROM. Remember that you can only upload to the FTP Server and download from the Web Server. More info at this link; http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...ab+file+server
Old 31 December 2009, 11:10   #3
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli
Yeah, I know about the uploading & downloading. Ah ! So I spent two hours sucking the site with HTTrack for nothing.

If anyone's interested, I got it from here. Lots of interesting various retro CD projects listed. The usual hacker's informative documents...
At first, I went there to get the Atari ST Compendium. It is provided there in 10 / 12 PDFs. Don't tell me it can also be found on EAB file server !