English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 14 June 2002, 21:29   #21
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Zarathrusta:

"----------------HI CRACKER !!! ----------------THIS COPY IS FORMAGAZINES ONLY !----------------YOU PROPABLY PAID FOR THIS EARLY VERSION ? ----------------SPREADING THIS COPY NOW WILL DESTROY ALL OUR WORK ! ----------------IF YOU WANT MOREPLAYABLE GAMES ON YOUR MACHINE,THEN DONT SPREAD----------------SINCE WE WERE (AND STILL ARE) VERY FAMILIAR WITH THE PIRATE WORLD, WE WON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMTO TRACE YOU IF YOU DO DECIDE TOSPREAD OUR DEMO!---------------- AMEN ... ----------------CHATTERBOX (BS1)----------------"
Old 15 June 2002, 01:16   #22
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Kamikaze (and lots of other Codemasters games):

Project 66 (C) 1990 Codemasters software Ltd. Programmed & Organized by Derek Leigh-Gilchrist. Protection track (C) 1990 Rob Northern Computing LTD. If any hackers are reading this then keep reading... This protection has been developed by me (DEL/ANARCHY) I know that it is very easy to crack BUT WAIT! I don't want it cracked! I will lose money! So don't fuck me about by cracking it.... If I do see any cracks of CODEMASTERS games the pirate world is going to have a big suprise... You have been warned!
Old 15 June 2002, 01:28   #23
Codetapper

Dragon's Lair:

Don Bluth's Dragon's Lair Custom Boot Block >> DO NOT INSTALL! << Copyright (C) 1987/88/89 Randy Linden

A message to crackers: Nobody wants copy protection. All it is designed to do is give a program a fighting chance. Now we realize that there is a great competition to see which group breaks this game first, however, if you do break it, please consider this: If you let this game out early after release, and there are few sales, it will be very difficult to justify followup games of this type. Nobody benefits; not the developers, not the users, and not the Amiga community. Please reconsider holding on for a while and not letting the game suffer. The decision is yours.
Old 15 June 2002, 01:33   #24
Codetapper

Lost Patrol:

LOST PATROL LOADER (AMIGA) By Captain Sime >> 16.05.90 << "Abandon Hope Ye Who Hack Thee."
Think about the future!
Old 15 June 2002, 04:50   #25
Amiga1992

Does anybody remember teh Jeff Minter message? It's bloody famous!

I can't remember it I think it was inside one of the C64 games he made....

time to read that c64 diskmag again....
Old 16 June 2002, 20:20   #26
Carlos Ace

Send a message via ICQ to Carlos Ace
Blood Money´s message for crackers

Here it is another one, this time from Blood Money (one of my favourites - i forgot to put this one on my list)

Well hello there hackers. I'll warn you now that this game has a LOT of protection, so it will be a few late nights for you lot. It's a mugs game anyway, you should be writing games and making loads of money like me (you too could afford a 16V Astra GTE), but you are obviously lacking in a few brain cells & will put a weeks work into cracking this for what? SOD ALL, thats what. Well if you do manage to crack it send me a copy: DAVE JONES, DMA DESIGN, MINTLAW PARK, WEST FERRY, DUNDEE DD5 1RD. In return you will get sod all as usual. In the meantime I'll be thinking of you when I'm in Florida, spending some of my dosh.

One thing is for sure, the game had a wierd protection.
Anyway ...
Old 16 June 2002, 20:42   #27
Carlos Ace

Send a message via ICQ to Carlos Ace
Cool Full Contact

I got another one: this time from Team 7 (Team 17) FULL CONTACT.

IF YOU MANAGED TO GET TO THIS POINT, YOURE VERY PROBABLY A HACKER. BEWARE!!!! IF YOURE EVEN THINKING OF COPYING THIS GAME WELL GET YOU A DARK STORMY NIGHT, FRIE YOUR BRAIN IN BOILING OIL, WEREAFTER WELL TAKE YOU TO COURT!!! SIGNED: TEAM 7

This guy was pissed off ...
:laugh
Old 16 June 2002, 22:16   #28
RCK
Administrator

Re: Blood Money´s message for crackers

Quote:
Originally posted by Carlos Ace
Here it is another one, this time from Blood Money (one of my favourites - i forgot to put this one on my list)
this one has already been posted by CodyJarret
Old 17 June 2002, 19:03   #29
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

The Killing Game Show

Pirate Bastards!

Last edited by Galahad/FLT; 05 December 2002 at 12:38.
Old 17 June 2002, 19:09   #30
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Double Dragon 2

Hello Paranoimia, been here before?

:-

You thought Shinobi was hard?? Heeeehehehee
Old 17 June 2002, 19:13   #31
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Pinball Dreams

Don't you fuck around with this code or the great pain will seek to your balls!!!

:-

You've sure been working on it now, but don't forget what we said Signed Animal and Goofy
Old 17 June 2002, 19:13   #32
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

F-29 Retaliator

QTX, where are you now?
Old 17 June 2002, 19:19   #33
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Stardust

FUCK OFF! PC SUXX

Last edited by Galahad/FLT; 18 June 2002 at 22:01.
Old 17 June 2002, 19:31   #34
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Xenon

Pirates are the filth of the fucking world. Three people have spent 7 months working on this product & scum bags rip it off in a couple of minutes. Yeah very funny, aint it
Old 17 June 2002, 19:38   #35
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Pinball Fantasies

Any shithead cracking this game should not fuck up any of these messages!
Old 20 June 2002, 00:07   #36
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Parasol Stars

Well, bugger me! I spent hours on that encryption routine and you go and crack it in no time at all. Well, I hope you enjoyed it as there are about a thousand more levels to go, all of the different and that was the easiest
Old 20 June 2002, 13:50   #37
dreamkatcha
I've got a new byline

This is enlightening stuff guys, thanks. Most of these I haven't seen before. Don't you think it's odd that these messages made it into the games at all though? You'd think the PR people would have had a few objections - if any of these leaked to the games mags/press at the time it would have had a very detrimental effect on their reputations as professional programmers.
Old 20 June 2002, 13:57   #38
Drake1009

I don't think the normal people would care a bit about the fact that they leave messages for those who would crack their games.
Old 20 June 2002, 15:14   #39
Codetapper

The men in suits that run the business would have no idea how to even check if messages were being put into the games even if they wanted to stop them. Also a lot of these secret messages need at the very least a hex editor and a disk dump to view, and the harder ones have the messages encrypted. So unless you are a cracker, you are unlikely to find lots of them anyway...

These messages are more like easter eggs - hidden somewhere in the game and I personally like things like this!

Last edited by Codetapper; 20 June 2002 at 15:19.
Old 20 June 2002, 16:00   #40
dreamkatcha
I've got a new byline

Yeah, I haven't got a problem with them either. It's easy to see why they'd feel so insensed to write them in the first place though.

I know only the crackers would see them first hand, but look how quickly info spreads throughout the net once one person gets hold of it. It's much more of a consideration these days of course, now so many of us have net access, but I'm sure it would still have been an important issue back then too.

If one of the crackers wanted to take a cheap shot at the programmers writing the messages it would be so easy to draw attention to them and with public appearances being so important these days they'd be seriously reprimanded for this I'm sure.

It would be interesting to find out if this sort of stuff still goes on in modern games, don't you think? Does anyone know one way or the other?