English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 08 December 2005, 00:55   #21
dangermouse

WOW wtf ??????????????

jeez i was sat here bored !!! so i did a search on google for my old nick "danGerMouSe" i found you guys lol, me like you lot really misses the Amiga scene it was a cult and life for us all at the time, and we all made so many m8s it was really wicked, yes i sold the To\X/eR bbs in 94 and moved to new zealand, i kept in touch with Dennis t and a couple of users from nz that used to spend a lot of time on my bbs ,sandman and fish. but i knew so many in the uk and europe who i used to chat to on the phone for hours on end and at all times of the day and night, shit and conference calls with so many peeps on line you couldnt hear anything. hacking and phreakin getting sprint numbas and stuff, shit yes take me back then, to when the amiga ruled and it was so cool to be someone just for a day and id be glad to die happy.
to all who read this, my greets go to you i dont wana type a whole list of names and miss someone out, so im wishin you all of you " greets from my heart" you were all that made the 85 to 94 for me the best years of my life, and sadly i sold my A4000/060 in about 2000 but my memories will live on forever, take care one and all, the best regards

DanGerMouSe

datmouse@xtra.co.nz

Old 08 December 2005, 13:56   #22
SWOS

i used to play with my 2 older brothers , but both of them r married now (kids,job..etc) so they dont have time , i even see them now like once every 2-3 weeks..my other amiga friend was my cousin but now he hates football games(we used to play swos,football glory,kick off..etc) he just plays counter strike now on his pc...
Old 09 December 2005, 01:05   #23
-=SPY=-

Hi mates .. I used to be really into the amiga scene back in early 90's when carding and using whitebox(phreak software) to modem trade worldwide :-) I was a member of Liberty who was a cracking/phreaking group based in australia who wrote the software called Whitebox which was very well know for its free call making on the old ccitt5 systems which have been upgraded to digital :-( which caused the death of phreaking in OZ,There was only blue box which stopped working also and then only option was AT&T cards which was very unsafe.Liberty got busted for there software and credit carding etc .... i then joined a german based group called SUBZERO who were a demo making crew but the scene was still dying as not many people could trade wares so i left the scene after getting in bit of troulbe myself... aussie BBS systems i was regulary uploading to are ... Borderline,Blue Obssession,The Nut factory, Predators,Blue Marlin,Devastation phase 1,Hamburger heaven and few others.... overseas bbs i used to be on .... 7th Heaven, Hangar 18, and few others ....

I gave away computers for few years getting back into it all again... would like to hear from any fellow old skool amiga users who where on any of the bbs sytems i mentioned or you remember me from the old days :-)

Greets to all the old skool groups Paradox,Quartex,Subzero,Decay,Crystal,Fairlight,Bamiga sector 1,Rebels

would like to hear from any people from the old days...
LAter....

-=SPY=-
Old 18 December 2005, 23:01   #24
ElectroBlaster

Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
Steve Bye of F1 Licenceware... where are you, yeh lanky git? lol
Old 14 May 2006, 18:56   #25
Nitro

Apart from speaking to Majic M, i live near a ex powerlords member and speak to a couple of the old guys on the phone.

If your reading this you might remember me (Nitro / Destiny/Scoopex Pussy uk etc...)

Dan (anarchy)
Spook (mag fields/digital)
Cosy (Digital)
Tas (god knows ! )
Phreak (Digital)
bustman (crusaders)
all the old pussy guys (hehe)

and probably a hell of a lot more, be nice to hear from anyone !

Nitro

Old 14 May 2006, 22:14   #26
DaZZaBoY
Diamond Geezer!

We also have a few ex-UK Amiga sceners who've signed in at our forum and we run a dedicated 'sceners reunited, thread if anyone wants to advertise there.

www.oldskooluk.org
Old 14 May 2006, 22:52   #27
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro
Tas (god knows ! )
Nitro
Tas of Cyrus I presume?
Old 14 May 2006, 23:00   #28
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

I've forgotten more than I think I can remember from the likes at the Digital Symposium in Rotherham I think it was (Ray Norrish was there, he'll probably remember!), then there was the last of the Digital Copy Parties where I had the misfortune of travelling up with Iggy/Hellfire! He wasn't that bad actually, a little less manic in person than on the BBS's.

In my time, I've known lots of people and lost contact with all of them, times move on, people move on. The ones I miss most are:

Red Devil/DCS, Semtex-Hogster-JBM-N.O.M.A.D.-Splatt!-Andeveron-Kitaro-Hawkeye/Fairlight, Phil Douglas/Delirium, Rebel/Quartex, Deadbeat/Scoopex, Pazza-Torch/LSD, Charon/Rednex, Subzero/Skid Row, Mok-Samir-Troops/Prestige.... plus many many more

I heard my 'best friend' The Black Cat died some years ago......
Old 14 May 2006, 23:36   #29
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

I have no friends...
Old 14 May 2006, 23:38   #30
DaZZaBoY
Diamond Geezer!

It's shocking how many ex-scene guys who've now shuffled off this earth.

Here's a few bods I used to swap with:

Raven / Aneurysm (Andy Coleman)
Ninj / Syndicate
Micon <----
Flecky Flenco <---- both from Liverpool

We have also have Freak/NFA, Kooky / Cyberdreams and Kei / Carnage as a members on our forum. Remember 'The Word' diskmag anyone?
Old 14 May 2006, 23:43   #31
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
yes i remember in global gladiators, protection castrated by the black cat.

RIP....
Old 15 May 2006, 08:54   #32
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

In the UK, my only friend with amiga was lost when i moved from the UK to Australia.

Then when I moved to Australia, I got to know someone with an amiga and we did lots of swapping, but he sold his amiga and went to university to study pharmacy.

Then the thing called a "Wife" appeared, and the "Girlfriend" got put in the cupboard... its been making extra marital adventures in the lounge of late, including the credit card taking a pounding, buying more "apparel" for the girlfriend.. like an A4000.

New amiga "Friends" are now making themselves known via here
Old 15 May 2006, 09:16   #33
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
Originally Posted by alewis
Couple guys from Bournemouth, one who wrote the BBS s/w to challenge Ami/X
That'd be Dominic Clifton aka Hydra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alewis
Dangermouse (Dave) who used to run The Tower BBS, moved to New Zealand in 1993/4

James, sysop of a large scene bbs that was busted.... was it an FLT bbs? One of the biggest in UK. Cant remember name
I wonder how well you knew James.... the board wasn't a Faglight board although the link to Faglight was that JBM grassed James to get his Centersoft account closed as Faglight struggled to beat James's supply and if you can't beat them then you cheat....

Funny but NOMAD and Splatt from FLT even rang to apologise about how bad that was....

James was sysop of Arcadia, a small 5 node BBS which at the time it was busted was the UK's largest warez BBS
Old 15 May 2006, 09:55   #34
bird
tRSi-iNNOVATiONs

I lost contact to most friends from back then too, only contacts left are swoop/rebels and cg/e^d.
One of my best hangout buddies, ramone/mono sadly died some years ago, heart attack. Just as he finished some sound for a console game. Miss ya crazy fool.

Big hug to: zod,zorro,fungus,etrigan/lsd, dr.dre,beatnik,irata,strider/trsi, ltrimm/talent(c64), h2o,mogue/arclite, trivial/lp. Great times, great people.
Old 15 May 2006, 14:28   #35
Mungo
ATX - For Fun Not Status

Have lost contact with nigh on everyone I knew on the Amiga scene. Still see TGR now and then and keep in faltering contact with TDK too.

Good to see so many old sceners cropping up here.

Greetz to all my old friends and contacts. Lol
Old 15 May 2006, 14:35   #36
Mungo
ATX - For Fun Not Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid
Splatt from FLT even rang to apologise about how bad that was...
Splatt was a really nice guy. Used to mail trade with him.

I used to send him demos (Which, being a sysop, he very rarely got a lot of) and he'd send me 0 day warez in return. Which was pretty ace for a mail trader.
Old 15 May 2006, 15:09   #37
MajicMushroom
Proper Old Skool Scener

Splatt! was an excellent guy. Used to send him rave tapes and get 0 day warez in return. Went to a party at his house once and met Cemi and Hogster too. Hogster was another decent genuine bloke.

Torch of LSD was a nutter, always a nice bloke, as was Birdy of IE / Digital.

Phil Douglas and Wildcard of Delirium were great guys too.

I still speak with B-Real / ex DCS on a regular basis and Mungo's friend Rotox atleast 3 times a week (yay for VoIP )
Old 15 May 2006, 15:19   #38
BippyM
Global Moderator

I'd love for some of the guys I used to see/trade with and have general chats with on here.

FreakyB who used to live in Chaddesden/Derby was my main source. He moved to Mansfield around 1994 I think but we kept in contact for a while and then things just sorta faded and we lost contact.

Alan & Babs who were also in Chaddesden, again things just fizzled out.. I actually ran into Alan around 1998 at college in Derby.. he was doing some computing stuff and had moved on from Amiga to PC

There were also others around the midlands.. it's such a shame and I hope that one day they'll visit here and we can catch up
Old 15 May 2006, 17:09   #39
Mungo
ATX - For Fun Not Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajicMushroom
... and Mungo's friend Rotox atleast 3 times a week (yay for VoIP )
Pass on my best!

Is he still doing the ascii art?

Edit: Hi Photon BTW. We used to mail trade for a while - You ended up trading with Retaliator instead so you could both talk code. Hope you are well!

Last edited by Mungo; 15 May 2006 at 19:51.
Old 15 May 2006, 20:11   #40
MajicMushroom
Proper Old Skool Scener

heh Don't think he does ASCII anymore, he got fed up with all the requests.

He got busted in 93 I think when Kitaro and Intreq got done.