Old 13 May 2017, 04:04   #21
alpine9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
Good work jonathan!

Thank you for your efforts.
X2

Keep it up!

Having the source code for Solid Gold really helped me out developing my new games.
Old 13 May 2017, 05:25   #22
wXR

@jonathan

Would you be so kind as to write/bump this every time you do a new release? I know that you have the Twitter for that, but its nice to keep this thread updated so that as many people as possible know to dig out their sources!
Old 13 May 2017, 09:25   #23
ascp
Pastafarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wXR View Post
@jonathan

Would you be so kind as to write/bump this every time you do a new release? I know that you have the Twitter for that, but its nice to keep this thread updated so that as many people as possible know to dig out their sources!
I am bit lazy, so I think I will save it to things that are maybe of more general interest (like phxass etc) than when every time a small util or patch is uploaded.
Old 13 May 2017, 09:40   #24
ascp
Pastafarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
Good work jonathan!

Thank you for your efforts.
Well, Thanks to all the authors that open sources their code, maybe written over 20++years ago, no matter style, language or coding experience at the time. IMHO everything is worth preserving, and a part of the computing (and amiga) history. And a great thing for someone that might like to fix some bugs in their old fav. tool.
Old 25 June 2017, 18:50   #25
emufan

maybe this is something you can add: VicePlus source code on zimmers.net website: VICEplus-v1.0-1.22.tar.bz2

tested the new Vice3.1 for amigaOS3, which still refuse to work, while VicePlus1.1 does work pretty well.

#1) just check website again, there is VICEplus-v1.1.tar.gz source code too.
--> VICEplus-v1.1/src/arch/amigaos/README.AMIGA

#2) VicePlus build error

Last edited by emufan; 26 June 2017 at 00:15.
Old 15 February 2018, 13:20   #26
ascp
Pastafarian

This is very exciting. Steve of former New Horizon software has sent me the source code for the programs they had the rights too - designworks, flow, dos2dos etc and has given the permission to open source them - BUT .....As the source code are on old floppies, we can only hope that they will be readable. My kryoflux is eagerly waiting for the package to arrive.
Old 15 February 2018, 13:27   #27
kamelito
Zone Friend

ASDG gave all the sources codes of their software to Trevor Dickinson so he can open sourced them. See his videos from Neuss IIRC.
To this time the 20+MB of files has not still not been freed
Old 15 February 2018, 15:39   #28
Etze
A3000-Fan

The author of RO (MUI-based Filemanager - I really like it) has put the source on github: https://github.com/rummeyer/amiga-RO

Installer for RO: http://aminet.net/package/util/dir/RO_V127
Keyfile for RO: http://aminet.net/package/util/dir/RO_Key
Old 22 February 2018, 16:05   #29
ascp
Pastafarian

The owner of the former New Horizons and more has kindly given me the permission to release all their source code under GPL. It's products like quarterback, quickwrite etc. The source code is on old disks, and in various formats (Quarterbacked amiga dos-sets, mac-disks, amiga hd disks) which all has seen better days. But my trusty kryoflux is working hard. As the sources consists of different revisions I'll probably release it as a "collected source code of .." archive, containing a folder for each disk that was restored. And then it will up to anyone interested to cherry pick their versions that they want to have a look at. Otherwise It'll never be released this side of 2020.

I don't know when the release will be ready, and also, how much of the source code that is salvageable, but so far it looks pretty good. Stay tuned ....
Old 22 February 2018, 19:26   #30
gulliver
BoingBagged

Great news!

I loved Quarterback!
Old 22 February 2018, 19:51   #31
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan View Post
The owner of the former New Horizons and more has kindly given me the permission to release all their source code under GPL. It's products like quarterback, quickwrite etc. The source code is on old disks, and in various formats (Quarterbacked amiga dos-sets, mac-disks, amiga hd disks) which all has seen better days. But my trusty kryoflux is working hard. As the sources consists of different revisions I'll probably release it as a "collected source code of .." archive, containing a folder for each disk that was restored. And then it will up to anyone interested to cherry pick their versions that they want to have a look at. Otherwise It'll never be released this side of 2020.

I don't know when the release will be ready, and also, how much of the source code that is salvageable, but so far it looks pretty good. Stay tuned ....
Awesome, thanks Jonathan, this will help then to make Quarterback compatible with filesystem others than FFS and OFS. It's hideously incompatible with SFS, and i would not dare to try it with PFS3.
Old 18 March 2018, 01:33   #32
ascp
Pastafarian

Thanks to Steve from Canux C, DesignWorks, Quarterback etc has been released as open source under GPL. You can find the source here https://gitlab.com/amigasourcecodepreservation , and I will upload them to aminet tomorrow.

The latest version of Quarterback was not found, so 6.01 is the latest found.

BTW if you have the last binary versions in full (non demo) versions, and as original copies of the releases, please upload them to the zone please. We could only find the sources for these ones (as they are under GPL, the full versions would now be fine to upload to aminet).

Last edited by ascp; 18 March 2018 at 01:41.
Old 18 March 2018, 08:54   #33
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Old 18 March 2018, 14:55   #34
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Thanks a lot !!!
Old 21 March 2018, 10:38   #35
alpyre

Hi there Jonattan.

Here I've came across this article about an Amiga program named "Traces" (which is told is the precursor of the famous Blender we use today).

http://zgodzinski.com/blender-prehistory/

A link to its source code is given at the end.

I think that should also be on Aminet.

Good luck. We highly appreciate your work.
Old 21 March 2018, 22:33   #36
KONEY
OctaMED Music Composer

great initiative!!
Old 26 September 2018, 22:22   #37
ascp
Pastafarian

I just wanted to highlight that this project is far from dead and is releasing things now and then. Being too lazy to update here all the time, release always goes to the twitter channel though.

At the moment, the focus has been on contacting former authors of amiga-books, and getting their permission to host scans, and also ask if they would release their books as Creative Commons or Public Domain. That opens up for quite a few other interesting possibilities. Well, just have a look at the page to see what has been released, the backlog is big though, so more stuff is coming. https://amigasourcepres.gitlab.io/page/books/books/

Example: Cool things one can do legally https://amigasourcecodepreservation....iga-assembler/ This is the original scan, converted to asciidoc, which then can be generated and built into html etc- By using asciidoc, the file can still be read as a textdocument on an original amiga. Now, it would be really cool if someone did an asciidoc->amigaguide backend. Hmm, will think about it.

Also, the project has been given permission and blessing from the copyright holders of Michtron and former Microdeal to release their old programs -if the authors are ok with it too. So I'm working on it slowly. https://amigasourcepres.gitlab.io/pa...deal-archives/ Don't hold your breath, but something nice should hopefully come out of that, and a few games were already released. However, all source code lost so far

Last edited by ascp; 26 September 2018 at 22:28.