English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 11 January 2015, 14:18   #1
TuKo
Apollo Team

Joypad detection

Hi guys,

I'm using WinUAE 3.1.0b2 on Win8.1 Enterprise.

I'm using it to play old games and do some OS 3.9 experiments. To play games, I'm using a XBOX 360 Wireless Controller, which work without any problem.

If the gamepad is off (but receiver on) when starting WinUAE, WinUAE is naturally not seeing it and will by default switch to Keyboard. Is there a way to force WinUAE to keep the wireless controller as input so when I set gamepad on, I don't have to switch it manually in the GUI ?

Thanks In advance
Old 11 January 2015, 14:27   #2
aZtOcKdOg

I have just noticed this happening recently... it used to do exactly what you are hoping for (as long as it is saved as the default input in your config) but now it seems to default to keyboard if the gamepad isn't connected and doesn't automatically select it as the input device when connected/turned on.

Is it UAE or Windows I wonder? I have found a few quirks in general relating to gamepads in Windows lately.
Old 11 January 2015, 14:36   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I am not sure if I designed it to "remember" old device but it should be possible to implement, at least if gameports panel has not been adjusted after loading config with "missing" pad.

As a workaround press first pad button to immediately insert in joystick port. (or second button to insert it in mouse port)
Old 21 January 2015, 16:57   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Next 3.1 beta will "remember" Game Ports panel selected input device even if it is not available when config is loaded and will automatically insert it in original virtual joystick port when "missing" input device becomes available (inserted, powered on, whatever).

Custom configs/Input panel + missing input device is not (at least not yet) supported. It gets much more complex.
Old 23 January 2015, 14:56   #5
aZtOcKdOg

Awesome thanks for the replies!
Old 10 March 2015, 10:16   #6
cybermat
GoalScoringSuperstarHero

Hello Toni have one question. If i try to remap under Game Ports i got <custom mapping> selection. If i use frontend such as Gamebase i cannot use this layout after have closed it.
I also tried to save the configuration of WHDLOAD.uae in order to overwrite the default settings but with no luck.

Is it per design this "custom mapping" thing ? i remember that in the past i was able to change input settings keeping the original name of the input device...or maybe i'm wrong.

Thanks
Old 14 March 2015, 15:12   #7
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermat View Post
Hello Toni have one question. If i try to remap under Game Ports i got <custom mapping> selection. If i use frontend such as Gamebase i cannot use this layout after have closed it.
I also tried to save the configuration of WHDLOAD.uae in order to overwrite the default settings but with no luck.

Is it per design this "custom mapping" thing ? i remember that in the past i was able to change input settings keeping the original name of the input device...or maybe i'm wrong.
If config works when you load it to winuae normally, then it is not my problem