English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 09 March 2019, 02:41   #1
Sui_Generis

TurboPrint - Complete Idiots Guide?

Hey everyone, it's been a while!

I, once again, have decided to try & tackle getting my A1200 up & running as a fully fledged and productive machine (ok, there'll be some gaming in there, but there'll be work done too! Going to use it to keep a digital archive of my penned journal for starters).

However, the ol gal hasn't moved much since the LAST time I tried to get a spurt on trying to do all this...probably several years ago, so it still needs the caps replacing, new PSU, scandoubler...etc etc etc, the long & short of that being I'm busy sat back in FS-UAE again trying to get my head around things.

Now, as I mentioned earlier, there is going to be some journaling happening on the A1200 and of course with that comes printing. Now to my problem.

I've decided on a Laserjet 1300, don't need colour anything and the 1300 is modern enough that I don't think it'll fall apart on me any time soon, TurboPrint however? Has me beat.

I've installed it, I've added the TurboPrint directory into the user-startup file

Code:
Assign Turboprint: "A1200_Master:TurboPrint"
which I believe is right?

But I cannot, for the life of me, get it to run without first opening the prefs program and then the spooler. Manually. Every time.

If I do it in that order, then go into WordWorth & "print" (I don't actually have a printer hooked up to FS-UAE in any way, so this is just mock printing into the ether) to the "Generic" printer, TurboPrint does indeed take over, I can switch to the spooler an it shows it is attempting to print on the LaserJet 1300, which of course fails after a few minutes since there is no spoon...I mean, printer.

What am I doing wrong here guys?

Oh, OS is 3.9 with all the BOING bags up to the most recent No4 and TurboPrint 7.60.

THIS time, I can feel it, I'm going to get this machine running!

Sui
Old 12 March 2019, 10:41   #2
Daedalus

It's a long time since I installed it, but I remember there was also a TurboStart program or similar which had to be put in WBStartup to initialise TurboPrint itself. Is that in place?