English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 11 February 2024, 12:45   #461
lilwshu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torti-the-Smurf View Post
Please Check if you have CHIPNOCACHE in the Tooltypes.
(and a recent WHDLoad exe version)

Check if you use the latest Final Fight Enhanced version.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...wD7xtn-zmtPPe0
I can confirm:

Latest WHDload from site (18.9.6601)
Latest Final Fight Enhanced from your link above
CHIPNOCACHE and NOCACHE in tooltypes although neither make any difference either together or in isolation
Same behaviour if run from floppy
Old 11 February 2024, 13:51   #462
Torti-the-Smurf

That is the latest WHDload exe.
http://whdload.de/whdload/whd190.lha
(give it a try plz)

Hhhmmm, normally it runs fine on various setups; dont know why you get those speedups, sorry.

You could also try to deactivate the Fast-Ram (just as a test)
and the Cpu Caches and then try the floppy version.
Old 11 February 2024, 14:03   #463
tomcat666
Retro Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
is MAME smooth enough with a pistorm? Probably with RTG.
Yes, all mame versions I have here compiled for x68 work fine with pistorm. They are in different states when it comes to features and bugs and also supported rom sets (they go from mame version 0.26 to 0.35).
All of them support custom screen mode and requestor to select it. With the latest one the colours are wrong if AGA modes are selected. Speed does suffer quite a lot when AGA is used instead of RTG, which means 25 fps instead of 50 really. But otherwise it is quite ok on pistorm, especially pistorm32 2.2 Ghz
Old 11 February 2024, 17:38   #464
Torti-the-Smurf

(t_t)

Last edited by Torti-the-Smurf; 11 February 2024 at 18:51. Reason: i though i had found the solution for lilwshu speedups, but didnt..
Old 11 February 2024, 18:27   #465
PascalDe73
PascalDe73

@ Torti,

Hi Torti,

I want to report You a Bug with Your Slave and with the latest game version (Final 255.736 Ko 09/02/2024)
On my Real A1200 GVP A1230 Turbo+II 68030 @ 40Mhz and 32 MB With latest WHDLoad 19.0 Beta (04/02/24)

Suddently at round 5 probably near the end... When I loosed (Game Over) With the First girl caracter, I obtained a WHDLoad Message error.
I will post in the Zone my Bug report to help.

Last edited by PascalDe73; 11 February 2024 at 18:33.
Old 11 February 2024, 19:02   #466
Torti-the-Smurf

Hi & Sorry Pascal, "things can happen" in this game.

Also died with Maki on the Boss and had a Game over, but all was fine.

But i had it 2 times that the endboss was glitched after a while.. like he would not even be there.

(but i did finish it yesterday, 2 times, with no problems)

I can do nothing about those glitches, sorry.

Maybe JOTD will make a slaver later on with specific fixes for this game.

But i made this so we would have a way to play it on HD as fast as possible and dont bother JOTD, who works on Donkey Kong.

Sorry.
Old 11 February 2024, 19:06   #467
PascalDe73
PascalDe73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torti-the-Smurf View Post
Hi & Sorry Pascal, "things can happen" in this game.

Also died with Maki on the Boss and had a Game over, but all was fine.

But i had it 2 times that the endboss was glitched after a while.. like he would not even be there.

(but i did finish it yesterday, 2 times, with no problems)

I can do nothing about those glitches, sorry.

Maybe JOTD will make a slaver later on with specific fixes for this game.

But i made this so we would have a way to play it on HD as fast as possible and dont bother JOTD, who works on Donkey Kong.

Sorry.

Hi,

No problems I can wait... I Know that JOTD works on this Wonderful Donkey Kong Arcade Port

Best regards,

Pascal
Old 13 February 2024, 17:06   #468
Amiga1992

Amazing work! Can't wait to try this.
Old 13 February 2024, 18:04   #469
Bren McGuire

i tested this and have the same issues on my blizzard 030 A1200 when there's no baddies the character runs around like a maniac and then when baddies show up i even see a bunch of slowdown slower than playing on a normal Amiga! this is some typical whdload stuff but would love to see it fixed i think a generic slave will just not do in this case

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwshu View Post
With the current slave the game runs much too fast in places where there are no baddies on my A2000/2MB chip/ECS/TF536 so any kind of fix for that would be much appreciated.
Old 13 February 2024, 20:18   #470
DanyPPC

Strange, the game works at correct speed on my Blizzard 1230/IV.
Have you set CHIPNOCACHE in tooltypes ?
Old 17 February 2024, 00:52   #471
trydowave

[QUOTE

[/QUOTE]

Do you think it would be possible to change the palette so something like this or would it take too much time?

Loved what Brick Nash did with this port. Really impressive stuff. But it would be great if the source code could be made available so a few things here and there could be tweaked?

On my wish (dream ) list, a palette looking like the one above would be my first choice. Not too interested in AGA but it would great to see what ECS could do with no sacrifices to speed etc.

Secondly would just be some minor changes to gamesplay to meet the arcade. Cody holding his knife, Guys off the wall jump etc. These are small things but i dont know how much resources that would take?

Once again. This port is a dream come true and were very lucky to have it. Just fantasising what could be done to squeeze even more out of the old (ECS) Amiga?
Old 17 February 2024, 02:00   #472
Torti-the-Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren McGuire View Post
this is some typical whdload stuff but would love to see it fixed i think a generic slave will just not do in this case

This has nothing to do with WHDLoad/slave. Try playing from Floppy and you would get the same thing.

(but you could try to disable the fast-ram and all the caches and then try the floppy version again)
Old 17 February 2024, 02:19   #473
sokolovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trydowave View Post
[QUOTE
Do you think it would be possible to change the palette so something like this or would it take too much time?

Loved what Brick Nash did with this port. Really impressive stuff. But it would be great if the source code could be made available so a few things here and there could be tweaked?

On my wish (dream ) list, a palette looking like the one above would be my first choice. Not too interested in AGA but it would great to see what ECS could do with no sacrifices to speed etc.

Secondly would just be some minor changes to gamesplay to meet the arcade. Cody holding his knife, Guys off the wall jump etc. These are small things but i dont know how much resources that would take?

Once again. This port is a dream come true and were very lucky to have it. Just fantasising what could be done to squeeze even more out of the old (ECS) Amiga? [/QUOTE]

BrickNash/Prototron is avoiding politely every request to share his source code so I guess that wont be possible to enhancement someway this version.
Old 17 February 2024, 02:20   #474
sokolovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokolovic View Post

Once again. This port is a dream come true and were very lucky to have it. Just fantasising what could be done to squeeze even more out of the old (ECS) Amiga?

BrickNash/Prototron is avoiding politely every request to share his source code so I guess that wont be possible to enhance someway this version.

Last edited by sokolovic; 17 February 2024 at 09:56.
Old 17 February 2024, 09:38   #475
Cris1997XX

Quote:
BrickNash/Prototron is avoiding politely every request to share his source code so I guess that wont be possible to enhancement someway this version.
Yeah, it's pretty obvious he wanted to take a lot of freedom with his port and now our only option is to hunt for the cancelled conversion's source code...which was going to be AGA-only anyway
Old 17 February 2024, 12:31   #476
derSammler

Quote:
BrickNash/Prototron is avoiding politely every request to share his source code so I guess that wont be possible to enhance someway this version.
Yeah, because giving us the game isn't enough...

He does not need to give anyone the source code, nor does he need to waste time answering requests for it.

If you don't like how he did some parts of the port, you are free to do your own port with that stuff "fixed".
Old 17 February 2024, 12:38   #477
sokolovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by derSammler View Post
Yeah, because giving us the game isn't enough...

He does not need to give anyone the source code, nor does he need to waste time answering requests for it.

If you don't like how he did some parts of the port, you are free to do your own port with that stuff "fixed".
I have absolutely no problem with that and I am very thankful of what he did. I'm not able to do 1% of the amount of works and talent he put into this.
And I totally understand if he wants to keep his code.
Don't seeks problem or acrimony where there isn't.
Old 17 February 2024, 12:55   #478
jotd
This cat is no more

I'll try to ask him in a few months. We're not in a hurry. I must say that I have a working version of the sourc, but I'm not going to use it mainly because 1) it's not the latest source and 2) I'd need the blessing of the author.

(and 3 I have 3 or 4 other projects stacked up
Old 19 February 2024, 00:21   #479
PARALAX

Send a message via ICQ to PARALAX
We tested the game in our livestream last saturday and had a lot of fun (see Timecode 3:30:38):

[ Show youtube player ]

The conversion was really well done. However, there are still a few technical problems. After about 20 minutes of playing time there was a crash (WHDLoad error), see timecode 4:02:44. The WinUAE configuration used in our test was an A1200 with 8 MB Z2-Fast RAM with "Cycle Exact" setting and WHDLoad 18.9. Since the game cannot yet be found in the WHDLoad directory, it could of course also be a compatibility problem with WHDLoad, which will be fixed in a later version. In addition, "ESC"-Key support would be desirable for returning to the title screen during gameplay. The problem that we initially had with character selection and not recognized players was apparently related to a detection problem of the second joystick in connection with our USB joystick adapter, which only occurs when using the "Mouse/Joystick autoswitching" function in WinUAE.

Last edited by PARALAX; 19 February 2024 at 00:40.
Old 19 February 2024, 02:06   #480
Bren McGuire

you're using emulation so why run the game with the wrong config? this game is intended for a 2MB chip ram Amiga 600 as it says very clearly so you getting problems really is all on you and not a problem with the game or install
Quote:
Originally Posted by PARALAX View Post
The conversion was really well done. However, there are still a few technical problems. After about 20 minutes of playing time there was a crash (WHDLoad error), see timecode 4:02:44. The WinUAE configuration used in our test was an A1200 with 8 MB Z2-Fast RAM with "Cycle Exact" setting and WHDLoad 18.9.