English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 30 September 2013, 16:49   #1
solomani

Resolution?

Hi all,
I set my window size in UAE as well as the resolution within Workbench to 1280x854. But within the emulator it scrolls around. How can I get them to both match?

Thanks,
Michael
Old 02 October 2013, 21:18   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi solomani, how do you set your resolution within Workbench to 1280x854? Some more information (and screenshots) would surely be helpful here!
Old 03 October 2013, 13:39   #3
solomani

Thanks for the reply! And sorry for detail light. Here is what how I set it in the emulator by way of example:

Instead of the window expanding it scrolls, would rather the window be the correct size, in this case, 1200 x 800:

Old 03 October 2013, 13:51   #4
PeterK

Install Picasso96 and use uaegfx as your monitor driver. This will give you the screenmodes that are available on your PC's gfx-card in the screenmode requester.

Btw, how far did you get with your icon installation / replacement ? Any progress ?
Old 03 October 2013, 14:08   #5
solomani

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
Install Picasso96 and use uaegfx as your monitor driver. This will give you the screenmodes that are available on your PC's gfx-card in the screenmode requester.
Excellent, apart from selecting it in the emulator under hardware options where does the UAEGFX appear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
Btw, how far did you get with your icon installation / replacement ? Any progress ?
I saw your very helpful post on this but I didnt reply yet because I cant load the adf. ADF's are locking my workbench for some reason. Not sure why.
Old 03 October 2013, 14:17   #6
ajk

Just for reference, if you change those Width and Height numbers it just means you get a bigger virtual workbench area. Then you can scroll around it as you have noticed. The visible size will stay the same, you can only change that a bit with the overscan preferences (or by selecting a completely different screenmode).
Old 03 October 2013, 14:30   #7
solomani

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk View Post
Just for reference, if you change those Width and Height numbers it just means you get a bigger virtual workbench area. Then you can scroll around it as you have noticed. The visible size will stay the same, you can only change that a bit with the overscan preferences (or by selecting a completely different screenmode).
Thanks, overscan just seems to stretch it to the window size without improving resolution.

Man, its been years since I touched this O/S totally forgotten how to anything

Bit of a nostalgic bomb though.
Old 03 October 2013, 21:40   #8
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Your question has been answered already, but I thought I'd just add:
- When you enable uaegfx.card (and install the Picasso96 drivers in Workbench), you'll get access to new UAEGfx resolutions - these will work as you like.
- FS-UAE automatically adds your default window size and fullscreen size as UAEGfx resolutions, so you'll be able to pick your window size in the list of resolutions.

(When you use the Width/Height settings in Workbench as shown in the screenshot, a virtual desktop size is created as ajk said, but this is something which Workbench handles internally and not something FS-UAE will know about. You can think of it as being similar to scrolling Amiga games).
Old 04 October 2013, 14:38   #9
solomani

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
Your question has been answered already, but I thought I'd just add:
- When you enable uaegfx.card (and install the Picasso96 drivers in Workbench), you'll get access to new UAEGfx resolutions - these will work as you like.
- FS-UAE automatically adds your default window size and fullscreen size as UAEGfx resolutions, so you'll be able to pick your window size in the list of resolutions.
Excellent, thank you. I activated Picasso support in the UAE interface, installed the drivers, rebooted for good measure but when I start the preferences it says "no modes detected!" and then everything is greyed out. For the install I just accepted all the default options.
Old 04 October 2013, 19:26   #10
amigafreak68k

Don't open Picasso96 Prefs! Just open Screenmode. All new gfx card modes are there!
Old 04 October 2013, 19:29   #11
solomani

Perfect! Looks great, thanks!