English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad > project.Killergorilla's WHD packs

Old 05 February 2005, 03:26   #61
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan
Oh Jesus, how childish is this statement? Are you sure you're really 29 years old?
PLease don't tell me yousupport these ACP&TCP actions ...
Old 05 February 2005, 06:44   #62
Jan

Yeah, right.

I am not supporting anybody. This discussion should stay on a serious level. Woody has given a very good example for this, thumbs up for his post.
Old 05 February 2005, 16:10   #63
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodshed57
On which Killergorilla's page was hosted on I wish to politly address AndreasM over this issue.

Firstly if your company holds a current copywrite of ownership over a number of games, then it is understandable that you have the right to ask for payment for the licensing of each copy distributated...as without doubt any question of piracey is an established reason to request closure and prosecution of ilegal vendors.
right

Quote:
To the best of my knoledge KG was unaware that he had supplied within the last batch of WHD December 2004 ANY gamesupdates for which current copywrite was in place.
hmm, we write him that he have Marblelous on his page. and it was on the page! a member and i download the pack!

Quote:
It was only made aware to ME that you had theatened KG with legal action via a private conversation many weeks after your E-mail to him , I can only state for the record that as owner of the domain I have NOT been contacted by eiether Blue host Admin or yourselves concerning this issue.
ahm no! we talk with the blue host admin some minute afters KG lie. and many weeks?????

Quote:
I therefore propose that this breech be finally ended by requesting you to provide ME with a FULL list of ALL your currently owned games that there their titles be removed from WHD record.
in the first email was a link to the list from all our software....

Quote:
Furthermore a note will be added added that future requests for these and other future releases from your company will NOT be made available , the same as for any other active developer who hasn't granted update permission.
right. that is the only think what we woulk like. nobody have a problem with us when he dont make us trouble. but some user (can?) understand this :/

Quote:
Since you ask for reason and community support my proposals are openly here to be seen and then finally we can put whatever misunderstandings to one side and get a path forward to the agreed reopening of KG's page

Thankyou woody57
KG can every time open his page again. is not our problem when he dont spread any copies our software there.

when he spread again our software, dont wonder when we start the harder way, please.....
Old 05 February 2005, 16:14   #64
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid
Me not think he need pay big lawyer cos me think that my big lawyer friend kick your fat butt back to where you am came from...

Actually what I was gonna say is that I know a couple of to-notch barristers who would probably actually enjoy seeing you lose your business for being such an idiot.
LOL, i konw that some user live in a dreamworld. but so extremely.

i dont search the private adress from KG. but i think it inside UK. UK = EU Copyright.... very easy and no chance for KG.

but what is the problem??? only webmaster wo make us trouble become a problem with us.... make us not trouble and we do nothing, too. very easy way...
Old 05 February 2005, 16:21   #65
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallaxScroll
Please DON'T DO anything for amiga. Amiga users are fed up with -this-. Commodore's death was a great chance for crap developers, after the departure of real software houses, losers had the chance to rise their voices but expectably, they kept developing arse quality software and demanded respect for these desecration activities.
when you think

Quote:
I would hope you leave the amiga alone really. Demanding
no

Quote:
respect you don't deserve is one thing but threatening people is another. Your attitude is hurting us, the remaining amiga fans. You and companies like you better
i hurting us? hmm, i see it a little other. some (only a little part from all) user think they can make us trouble. they think they can make us some damage. and this people search we....

Quote:
cease to exist in any activity regarding amiga and I mean a complete removal. Likewise, I think killergorilla shouldn't put any of your games online from now on because those games and your attitude here are better be forgotten. This will even be good for you because any remembrance you might have had wouldn't be in a positive sense anyway.
its ok. is the only what i want. dont spread our software.

Quote:
You hurt this community with hostility and deserve no attention at all. A single bad game won't be missed by anyone here, but everyone will remember this most lowly attitude demonstrated by a developer. This is unique, congratulations.
i hurt the community? and the hurt from the community to us?? you damand but nothing give!!
Old 05 February 2005, 16:25   #66
oldpx

Quote:
when you think
Neither I

Quote:
no
understand

Quote:
i hurting us? hmm, i see it a little other. some (only a little part from all) user think they can make us trouble. they think they can make us some damage. and this people search we....
shit from what you

Quote:
its ok. is the only what i want. dont spread our software.
are saying

Quote:
i hurt the community? and the hurt from the community to us?? you damand but nothing give!!
nor I DAMAND anything.

Old 05 February 2005, 16:49   #67
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebster
maybe digital illusions should sue you acp guys for stealing the whole pinball illusions/fantasies etc. routines and concept.. and putting it into a lame atmosphere!
i dont think that Havour stole oone routines or more....

Quote:
in someway i understand your goal but you are so malicious, you didn´t want to take your time and give it a try - THERE COULD HAVE BEEN ANOTHER WAY TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM - to me it seems that it was a great satisfaction to try and put KG down..
and what is the better way?

Quote:
but most often people who ain´t got nothin´goin´on try to make the loudest noise - that´s how far i know.
oh, i dont think that we go the loudest way? what think you is a better way?

Quote:
your statement reminds me of the music industry saying that they lose so-and-so much money because people downloaded a certain amount of albums. but if you think right people would have bought maybe 1 of 10 if they couldn´t have downloaded them. so they ten times overrate the damage, right?!
no, nobody can say how many from the download-users like to buy a game when he cant download the game. otherside is, a lawyer need any numbers for work.

Quote:
but with the survived amiga addicts it is even more complex i think - there are still people who support the machine with new stuff for free or maybe shareware and some dinosaurs like you left, who want to run this as a buisiness. the people who still want to support you are fanatic enough about he miggy that they will pay you anyway - if they like you and your products. it´s some sort of full price shareware principe. these people would buy your stuff even if they had gotten it in a whdload-pack - just to get the original cover, original disks and to know that they gave you the chance to continue developping as professionals.. to serve a good purpose! NO LOSS FOR YOU!!!
sure is it a loss for us. the biggest problem is that many users think all software on amiga must be free. they have a requirement for this free software and developer dont must become any money. and when than become some pages (and KG is only one of more as 12 pages this year) trouble is the developer and publisher the bad guy.

Quote:
i have never really liked your games but even if i had - now i wouldn´t want to support you in any way anymore, because...

1. you are arrogant!
why?

Quote:
2. you overrate yourselves!
???

Quote:
3. you stabbed a knife into the heart of one of the best parts in this small amiga community left! and you seem to enjoy it..
oh yes! i am very happy when i found again a page where spread our software. sure! in which world live you?

Quote:
4. your sh*t is w**ck!
how old are you?

Quote:
i don´t like you anymore at all - as a matter of fact i kind of hate you!
i dont have a problem with this
Old 05 February 2005, 17:08   #68
StarEye
Zone Friend

I'll buy anything from you, as long as it's good. For now, I'll settle with second hand originals, because it's not good enough to buy new. I wonder if Marblelous is available somewhere... second hand.

BTW, what are your latest games? I'm interested in new games that come out, but I don't think I've seen anything since the end of the last millenium.
Old 05 February 2005, 17:30   #69
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarEye
I'll buy anything from you, as long as it's good. For now, I'll settle with second hand originals, because it's not good enough to buy new. I wonder if Marblelous is available somewhere... second hand.
second hand sometimes on ebay. new found you the games at the mostly amiga dealers or on our shop

Quote:
BTW, what are your latest games? I'm interested in new games that come out, but I don't think I've seen anything since the end of the last millenium.
Crossfire II was our last game.
Some Time ago we Rerelease Exodus included some patches. In some Time we Rerelease Wendetta. Our next game is Desert Racing and a news version from DigiBooster Pro.
After this we rerelease and make news version from some other Programms. and than every 2 monaths a CD and print mag.

Last edited by AndreasM; 05 February 2005 at 17:55.
Old 05 February 2005, 22:54   #70
woody57

Lightbulb Thankyou for your statement AndreasM

Without the need to use quotes I will follow up on your information regarding your provided link to killergorilla and establish that your propety is removed from any WHD update list held on my domain pages.

Also I will ensure the the warning over ilegal requests is visable on the page.

Let me make it MOST clear , I have NO interest in pursuing arguements over the differences between interlectual copyrights, mechanical reproduction rights, net distribution licences and plagerised pseudo-originals.

My only involvement is to allow the Amiga interested community to have another source of download , for LEGAL WHDload updates.

I have NO influence over the opinions of other members of this board and as such I can only speak on behalf of deadwoodinc.net.

As such I should hope the matter is now resolved

woody57
Old 05 February 2005, 23:36   #71
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodshed57
Without the need to use quotes I will follow up on your information regarding your provided link to killergorilla and establish that your propety is removed from any WHD update list held on my domain pages.
good. please dont forget the archive
And i dont know is HOL complete with our games. I look today fast on HOL and found many wrong infos.

Quote:
Also I will ensure the the warning over ilegal requests is visable on the page.

Let me make it MOST clear , I have NO interest in pursuing arguements over the differences between interlectual copyrights, mechanical reproduction rights, net distribution licences and plagerised pseudo-originals.
ok

Quote:
My only involvement is to allow the Amiga interested community to have another source of download , for LEGAL WHDload updates.
ahm, im sure that 90% not legal. but is not our problem.

Quote:
I have NO influence over the opinions of other members of this board and as such I can only speak on behalf of deadwoodinc.net.

As such I should hope the matter is now resolved

woody57
the matter was resolved at the 11. january for us
Old 05 February 2005, 23:58   #72
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasM
good. please dont forget the archive
And i dont know is HOL complete with our games. I look today fast on HOL and found many wrong infos.
Well if you don't tell us the mistakes we can't correct them, can we! Many games have useless credit screens and manuals so trying to dig out information is harder than you think. The HOL team researches the games as much as possible without resorting to stealing from other websites.

Quote:
ahm, im sure that 90% not legal. but is not our problem.
You are just guessing there. Most of the companies that made the games have gone bust. You try tracking down someone from Ocean or US Gold to ask about their games! It is often the programmers of the games themselves that are happy to download their games saying they thought they had lost them forever.

Also if the games were written properly in the first place with proper HD installers, WHDLoad installs for them wouldn't have been required!
Old 06 February 2005, 00:01   #73
oldpx

So you care about hol and information written there after all.

If there weren't -illegal- versions of games a database as good as hold could never emerge. Simple as that.

Perhaps you see your games' hol entries as free advertisement pages but the spirit that created hol was way different.

Old 06 February 2005, 01:22   #74
Eny-
R3tr0 G4m3r

There are hundreds of AMiGA games to play... games that we all love and learned to nurture over time, so why bother with these ones?

Yes, in my point of view, they had a lamme atitude over KG, but they are right about not wanting their games to be spread "illegally".

I never played any of their games, but by the looks of it, don't they don't seem that great, so... less crappy games to own...

Are they having the smartest atitude? I don't think so... AMiGA is a dead machine, if not us, who is going to play their games?
I'm not graduated in economics, but selling a few copies isn't THAT much of a profit to support any company... me thinks...

KG keep up the work mate!
Old 06 February 2005, 02:30   #75
fisken uno
Zone Friend

AndreasM: Keep your fucking games. I wonder what kind of losers pay money for them in 2005... Time to realize that the past is the past. Several companies have made their old games freeware just because they realize that people won't pay money for ten year old games. Wake the fuck up! Just my 2 buckazoids.

But it's ok. I promise I won't ever pay any attention and certainly never any MONEY to your company. Looks like we've come to an agreement after all

Last edited by fisken uno; 06 February 2005 at 02:42.
Old 06 February 2005, 05:20   #76
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

KillerGorilla is going to post something offensive.

I've stayed out of this because I sincerely have not been arsed with this kind of legal shit, but I've now grown tired of reading this thread without any input.

For the LAST FUCKING TIME I, Mr KillerGorilla (or my disjointed german representation) NEVER, EVER hosted Marblelous. EVER. NEVER FUCKING EVER.
You and your lying FUCKING MEMBERS, NEVER, EVER DOWNLOADED A WHDLOAD PACK FROM MY WEBSITE WHICH HOSTED MARBELOUS.

DO YOU READ ME? The whdload install for that SHIT game was last updated in the year 2001. I host UPDATES. I hosted the UPDATES for the whdload packs from AUGUST 2004 until December 2005. Spot the 2001 update in there.

In fact they are all still available on www.deadwoodinc.net/killergorilla/wolfgang

They are THE VERY SAME PACKS that I hosted. I have not moved them.

Maybe you cannot spell MARBLE MADNESS.

I'm gonna step out for a bit. I may make the next pack, I may not. I'm not in the best of moods to pursue it. We'll see. I'm sure you can make do in the meantime.

Last edited by killergorilla; 06 February 2005 at 05:27.
Old 06 February 2005, 05:26   #77
fisken uno
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla

Go Killer. We <3 you

Quote:
The whdload install for that SHIT game was last updated in the year 2001.
...and I doubt anyone will want to update it now. Let the crap suffer the noble death of incompatibility Mwahaha

Last edited by fisken uno; 06 February 2005 at 05:41.
Old 06 February 2005, 16:25   #78
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper
Well if you don't tell us the mistakes we can't correct them, can we! Many games have useless credit screens and manuals so trying to dig out information is harder than you think. The HOL team researches the games as much as possible without resorting to stealing from other websites.
i know. when i have many many time i send some infos to the HOL team.
Old 06 February 2005, 16:44   #79
AndreasM

Quote:
KillerGorilla is going to post something offensive.

I've stayed out of this because I sincerely have not been arsed with this kind of legal shit, but I've now grown tired of reading this thread without any input.

For the LAST FUCKING TIME I, Mr KillerGorilla (or my disjointed german representation) NEVER, EVER hosted Marblelous. EVER. NEVER FUCKING EVER.
You and your lying FUCKING MEMBERS, NEVER, EVER DOWNLOADED A WHDLOAD PACK FROM MY WEBSITE WHICH HOSTED MARBELOUS.

DO YOU READ ME? The whdload install for that SHIT game was last updated in the year 2001. I host UPDATES. I hosted the UPDATES for the whdload packs from AUGUST 2004 until December 2005. Spot the 2001 update in there.

In fact they are all still available on www.deadwoodinc.net/killergorilla/wolfgang

They are THE VERY SAME PACKS that I hosted. I have not moved them.

I'm gonna step out for a bit. I may make the next pack, I may not. I'm not in the best of moods to pursue it. We'll see. I'm sure you can make do in the meantime.
no, you hostet in a 20 MB or so ZIP file marblelous 1. we have download 2x the pack. only problem is that we delete the download after we finished the action.
Old 06 February 2005, 17:12   #80
oldpx