English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 22 October 2017, 00:45   #1
jolly11

game conversion to cdtv

I'd like to convert the game The Manager to cd. It's a 3 floppy game, and it has an hard-disk installer, and it also works with only 512k.
so is it possible to make it works on a cdtv? I know it requires some files like cdtv.tm and -I think- a new startup-sequence.
thanks in advance
Old 22 October 2017, 19:33   #2
Cobe

Sounds like it should work. CDTV.TM is needed to be embedded in iso, you can find it in developers kits. You can build iso with ISOCD from cd32 developers kit, and select what trademark file you want to include. I believe there's some iso tool in cdtv developers kit but I never tried it. And I also think that MakeCD, if I remember the name correctly, can include trademark files, tried once, long before, it works but found IsoCD easier.

Then you need RMTM file in root or C folder and a RMTM line in s-s before you actually run a game to ReMoveTradeMark logo from screen in order to see your game. You can find rmtm on cdtv discs.