English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 03 June 2008, 14:35   #1
SkippyAR

Ebay Nause RANT.

I've done 5 Ebay transactions this May month past. Each one processed quickly and smoothly without any problems, pleased with Buyers as them with me for my part.

Then you hit The Nause. Purchase item, send funds immediately, quick email to notify them you've honoured your part of the transaction, then wait for a response or the package to arrive.

And wait and wait... A further Email 8days later to nudge them a reminder, eventually prompts a response "I haven't received any postal order, but I will check my post today and send item anyway."... (right! so you just sell stuff on Ebay, forget to read your inbox accounts or deliver goods.)

Another 3days later....still no item.

The item is a 2.5 - 3.5 IDE cable purchased for all of .99p, postage a whopping £1.40. Total with postal order charge of £2.80

Now my question is: Is this guy being an a$$h0le and low prioritising his *efforts* into dealing with this item because it auctioned for only .99p and he's pi$$ed off or are there really some Sellers out there that are really this braindead and slow?

Old 03 June 2008, 14:58   #2
davideo
Amiga Tomcat

I buy and sell bits and bobs of stuff on Ebay.

I've never actually not received stuff that I've bought - that sounds double dutch

But anyway - goods always delivered when bought - my stuff always sent quickly when sold.

Some goods bought by me not quite in the condition they were advertised at - my 4000D is a good example of a dud buy at the time but it's given me a few hours playing to get it up and running correctly.

I'd always suggest that you look at the feedback of the person selling and try and read between the lines of what is being said

Dave G
Old 03 June 2008, 16:13   #3
Harrison
classicamiga.com

And don't forget that you always have the Paypal buyers protection to fall back on if you don't receive the item after a set period. You can ask them to give you your money back and normally they will without argument.

BTW, this seller... his name was Doomy or Doommaster was it? : If so you could be waiting years for your item!
Old 04 June 2008, 12:00   #4
chiark
Needs a life

The good thing is now you can leave honest (negative) feedback and not worry about retaliatory feedback from the seller...
Old 04 June 2008, 15:24   #5
SkippyAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiark View Post
The good thing is now you can leave honest (negative) feedback and not worry about retaliatory feedback from the seller...
Well, the "2.5-3.5" cable I ordered actually arrived today. Only problem is, its *not* a cable a described, its a pcb adaptor type.

The funniest part about it, I actually emailed the dick before placing a bid to confirm is *was* a cable and he responded "yes, it is" -

Sigh...

Old 04 June 2008, 15:32   #6
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@Skipstah

I have a 44-40pin cable you can have m8... i am about to post that fpu to you, so i shall pop it in the post with it m8.
Old 04 June 2008, 16:51   #7
TodaysForgotten

I feel your pain. What i do is i will not buy something from someone without having atleast 98% feedback. I generally i buy from 20+ feedback. I had some twat buy a product from me. A board game to be exact. The product was only opened but never used. The box itself was worn from constant moving. In my description i stated NIB product opened but never used (so i felt NIB was befitting) i also went on to describe how the box has a tear in it.

This jerkoff gives me negative feedback complaining about how he thought the game was going to be new (which is was) and how the box was worn. Idiot.
Old 04 June 2008, 20:47   #8
SkippyAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
@Skipstah

I have a 44-40pin cable you can have m8... i am about to post that fpu to you, so i shall pop it in the post with it m8.

You da man, Zetro - cheers!