English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 11 September 2003, 12:31   #61
IFW

I am not like you because I do have real world experience. And I - again! - never said others do not. Please do not put words into my mouth. It is getting very old now.
I'd much prefer your way btw.

"middle class anyway"
Middle class has nothing to do with affording the cost of foreign legal cases.
Middle class on average is a house, a car and other commodities, not hundreds of thousands of dollars in the bank.
I am glad you are part of the high society or the top of middle class as your assumption about getting everything - especially money and financing - for absolutely granted clearly implies.
Most of us are not.
In fact most of the developers ripped-off are not.
You know why? Because they have been ripped-off by shit companies.

"I know very well that all you were saying up there was "Listen to the dad" and IanS was also offended by that."
I am not saying listen to dad, I am saying practice contradicts theory in a very unpleasant way.
You now shit about me, and if you think I am making this up - as all your posts suggests, especially this "I know very well" -, and try to ridicule me now just to get a point, I am deeply offended.

Now I am quitting EAB.
Good bye everyone.
Old 11 September 2003, 12:47   #62
Fjrb

Re: Re: Re: Re: I understand both sides

Quote:
Originally posted by Akira
Right here in this thread.
And I don't know wtf you are trying to get to with your reply to my post.
http://www.math.chalmers.se/~hallgren/wget.cgi?irony
http://www.math.chalmers.se/~hallgren/wget.cgi?sarcasm

Irony

Cross references:
1. wit

iro.ny \'i--r*-ne-\ n [L ironia, fr. Gk eiro-nia, fr. eiro-n dissembler] 1:
a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed
in order to make the other's false conceptions conspicuous by adroit
questioning 2a: the use of words to express something other than and esp.
the opposite of the literal meaning 2b: a usu. humorous or sardonic
literary style or form characterized by iro ny 2c: an ironic expression or
utterance 3a1: incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of
events and the normal or expected result 3a2: an event or result marked by
such incongruity 3b: incongruity between a situation developed in a drama
and the accompanyi ng words or actions that is understood by the audience
but not by the characters in the play 4: an attitude of detached awareness
of incongruity typical of the depictor or observer of an ironic situation

Sarcasm

Cross references:
1. wit

sar.casm \'sa:r-.kaz-*m\ \sa:r-'kas-tik\ \-ti-k(*-)le-\ n [F sarcasme, fr.
LL sarcasmos, fr. Gk sarkasmos, fr. sarka]zein to tear flesh, bite the lips
in rage, sneer, fr. sark-, sarx flesh; akin to Av thwar*s to cut 1: a
cutting, hostile, or contemptuous remark : GIBE 2: the use of caustic or
ironic language - sar.cas.tic aj

Old 11 September 2003, 12:59   #63
Fjrb

Quote:
Originally posted by manicx
(...) but you should seriously take the right pil and face the real world)!
Just for argument' sake, lets do this

1) Bernd works for 2 years, gets ripped off his work, loses his IP, is unable to launch prosecutorial process from the opposite hemisphere, and, instead of losing another 2 or 3 years, decides to warn users and go to greener pastures.

2) Bernd declares holy legal jihad on H&P, gets a lawyer to act inside the EU, inside the particular country or countries, pays for all the double representation in 2 countries or more, deals with each countries bureocracy plus the EU bureocracy, tackles local, governemntal and european regular & supreme courts, wins cause, gets money equal to 4 to 5 years work, psychologic losses compensation, and is still in time to find someone else to publish his work and some market to sell it to.

You tell me if it's 1) or 2) the real or imaginated world.

Just to put a personal edge to it, when will Greece, for instance, sue Turkey for invading Cyprus taking half of the island and still today having hundred of thousands of troops installed there? Or is that 'uganda' over there?

Precisely.

Real world: 1) all the way.

Now, who's really in need of a 'reality pill'?

Old 11 September 2003, 13:20   #64
Fjrb

Quote:
I am not living in Uganda! I am living in a EU country, I lived in the UK and you are also living in ... ! I am working in the IT industry and I have experiences my self.
Guy, ok, let's have one reality check here - A couple of posts ago, you barely knew the difference between Freelance and Free Work. That's the equivalent of claiming to be literated and not knowing half the alphabet.

Having been on the UK, i also hope your separation of my and self, is but a typo.

Nonetheless, the country you're in is completely irrelevant. You aren't Bernd, this thread is not about you.

Quote:
You see, in the first case Fjrb ASSUMED I have nothing to do with IT,
I correctly assumed you had no real experience with contractual relationships, employer vs employee relationships everyone has.

You completely vindicated my assertion the very next moment by displaying complete ignorance on a mundane concept such as freelancing.

Quote:
now it's you that you put yourself above anyone else by ASSUMING you have more experiences than the rest.
Well, he kinda is right, since he actually knows and understands the simple difference between freelance and free work.

Quote:
Totally wrong. You are a guru when it comes to C.A.P.S. but you are a normal guy out of it just like the rest of us.
That's probably the most incorrect discription about IFW i've ever heard.

That said, for the various reasons alluded in this thread some people within CAPS prefer to keep their curriculums totally or partially hidden.

For the record, your assumption couldn't be further from reality.

Quote:
As for me, I helped Amiga when they were disintegrating
Just a joke, but maybe that explains the Amiga's current pathetic status quo?

I mean, if you're going to start quoting past experience, at least pick ones where there was success.

Quote:
Last one was, last year, when games were banned for no apparent reason in Greece.
And then you have the nerve to talk about Uganda, and praise Greece's fantastic civility... banning gaming? What's up with that? It left the rest of the by yourself described civil and sofisticated EU's member countries collective jaw completely floored.

Old 11 September 2003, 13:44   #65
Fjrb

Quote:
I didn't say you are clueless, I said you are the same as the rest of us.
Well, i can personally vouch and gurantee you that is completely removed from reality. IFW is everything but like the rest of us. If for nothing else, the fact alone i doubt anyone else in EAB spends till high hours in the night - for free - on an incredibly complex project. Furthermore, with sucess

I'll go even further and claim there's no one in this board as IFW. If there is another wizard capable of equaling or upping the wizardry displayed by CAPS, then let him come forth! We sure need the help, or the competition.

Believe me, there isn't. Some of the stuff being done there, was considered 'impossible' pre-CAPS, by err .... 'experts'.

Quote:
After all, there are people in here who are 10 times me and you.
Hey, we can code some kick ass scrolly mega demo and prove we're the best buddy!

What do we have to do to prove ourselves? Burn WinUAE, Fellow and a couple of roms and sell 'em a pop on the web?

Maybe we can steal source code from someone and become instantly Amigaan Gods overnight?

Quote:
I know very well that all you were saying up there was "Listen to the dad" and IanS was also offended by that.
Would a little kiss help or something?

Quote:
This is annoying to the rest of us.
Well, i just promised a kiss thinking it was only one or two - those are the only one(s) i see - if there's more, behind the bushes, we can't do it It's not like we're Madonna or something

Quote:
My mistake about the Uganda example and no offence to anyone. Let's use as an example NothingWorksLand!
Heck, i'll have no problem in taking the responsability unto myself... Uganda sucks, is uncivilized, and outright makes me sick. There, who feels annoyed and offended with that? Heck, it's the truth. What offends people are lies. The good thing about Uganda is that there aren't any software stealers since ... there is no software.

I patiently await the oncoming onslought of the PC police ...

Old 11 September 2003, 13:45   #66
manicx

You just took irony to another level. Well done. Let's all bow and acclaim Fjrb, the god from Portugal who have mstered the English language! Being realistic is totally different from being ironic and abusive. And you are both! Pitty that moderators didn't lock this thread when they had to. Okay, time to leave this place for a while and do some upgrades to my phpBB...
Old 11 September 2003, 13:55   #67
Fjrb

Evil grin

Victory!

Last edited by Fjrb; 11 September 2003 at 14:25.
Old 11 September 2003, 18:26   #68
Amiga1992

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I understand both sides

Quote:
Originally posted by Fjrb
[snip]
You didn't need to be so patronising, I don't have an "Internet Sarcasm Radar" built in.
Old 14 September 2003, 14:10   #69
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

A personal note to FJRB......

Your grasp of the English language in one sense is admirable, and at other times pathetic and childish.

For someone who claims to have such powers of expression, perhaps you could have used the same powers to restrict yourself to pointing out your 'facts' instead of ridiculing people on EAB.

The very same argument you pillory IFW over (i.e. no-one knows more on this subject than you!) you are guilty of yourself.

None of your answers seem to be particularly well structured, in fact, as an English 'lesson', it only serves to irritate and annoy. Your whole message is lost in the wind of sarcasm, idiocy and flagrant rudeness. I doubt anyone on here has the slightest clue what the hell you are talking about, because you are so busy trying to be 'clever', that all they see is someone that is so insecure of themselves that they feel the need to ridicule and annoy to such an extent, that IFW has now decided EAB is a place he doesn't want to be anymore.

But then, you didn't notice that, you failed to pick up on it, because your 'argument' was more important.

Well done, FJRB, you are indeed a God in the midst of meek followers.

You have a Total post count (at present) of 78, mostly attributed to this thread...... not exactly your finest hour is it?

May I politely suggest that a moderator shuts this utterly pointless and futile thread down, lest we get any more of FJRB's musings on the world according to him!
Old 14 September 2003, 14:23   #70
Fjrb

Re: A personal note to FJRB......

Quote:
Originally posted by Galahad/FLT
None of your answers seem to be particularly well structured, in fact, as an English 'lesson', it only serves to irritate and annoy.
Hey, I learnt my English by reading cracktro scrolly copper text, what did you expect?
Old 14 September 2003, 15:45   #71
RCK
Administrator

I didn't have time to read this whole thread...

it's strange because I though moderators (IFW & FJRB) were already speaking about it and about the possible problems it could generate before my holidays, strange you could not stop it before..

anyway, thread closed.