English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 15 December 2009, 19:27   #1
Dave_wb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wootton Bassett England
Age: 62
Posts: 189
Floppy disk ide zip 250

Hi chaps,
Do you know if a zip 250 will work if it is an ide atapi connector rather than a parallel cable connector.I have a Windoze machine so I can use my present 250 zip which does not on my Miggy and buy the above from Ebay.Thankyou in advance and Merry Xmas/ Merry Christmas
Dave
Dave_wb is offline  
Old 15 December 2009, 20:59   #2
prowler
Global Moderator

prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sidcup, England
Posts: 10,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_wb View Post
Do you know if a zip 250 will work if it is an ide atapi connector rather than a parallel cable connector.
Hi Dave,

The various Zip drive archives on Aminet mention only the Zip 100 and 100 Plus drives specifically, so my guess would be that the Zip 250 is not supported. There is a FAQ, but it is dated December 1997, when the Zip 100 had only recently appeared.

Testing would be the only way of telling for sure, but it may not be worth your while purchasing one just to find out it is not supported.
prowler is offline  
Old 16 December 2009, 06:18   #3
adolescent
Powered by Motorola

 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Age: 49
Posts: 1,064
I have an IDE/ATAPI Zip 250 on my A4000. Works out of the box with OS3.9 zip support.
adolescent is offline  
Old 16 December 2009, 16:27   #4
Dave_wb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wootton Bassett England
Age: 62
Posts: 189
zip 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
Hi Dave,

The various Zip drive archives on Aminet mention only the Zip 100 and 100 Plus drives specifically, so my guess would be that the Zip 250 is not supported. There is a FAQ, but it is dated December 1997, when the Zip 100 had only recently appeared.

Testing would be the only way of telling for sure, but it may not be worth your while purchasing one just to find out it is not supported.
Thanks for the reply Prowler.The drive is going to go for around a tenner so as it's Xmas I am going to treat myself AND keep my fingers crossed!
Dave
Dave_wb is offline  
Old 16 December 2009, 16:28   #5
Dave_wb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wootton Bassett England
Age: 62
Posts: 189
zip 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by adolescent View Post
I have an IDE/ATAPI Zip 250 on my A4000. Works out of the box with OS3.9 zip support.
Hi,
Thanks for replying - I know I'm probably wasting my time but a tenner these days only buys a few pints in the local so I am going to risk it.Merry Xmas
Dave
Dave_wb is offline  
Old 16 December 2009, 21:15   #6
prowler
Global Moderator

prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sidcup, England
Posts: 10,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by adolescent View Post
I have an IDE/ATAPI Zip 250 on my A4000. Works out of the box with OS3.9 zip support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_wb View Post
The drive is going to go for around a tenner so as it's Xmas I am going to treat myself AND keep my fingers crossed!
Dave
Good luck with all that, Dave!
prowler is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amiga formatted zip disks via USB zip drive in WinUAE? planetidiot New to Emulation or Amiga scene 8 02 February 2018 08:43
System.zip / bad zip-file Ztein project.ClassicWB 24 22 April 2012 02:14
zip 250 on A1200 Dave_wb support.Hardware 2 24 December 2009 10:42
Parallel port zip 250 Dave_wb support.Hardware 12 15 December 2009 19:22
A1200 PPC240/68060, BVision, Flicker Fixer,IDEFIX, SlimCD, 250 Watt PSU ...OS3.x/OS4 Hacky MarketPlace 14 03 October 2008 04:35

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.06724 seconds with 13 queries