English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 10 April 2018, 04:41   #1
LOU

Sorry... an Error Has Occured! Winuae, will not write WB 3.1 to Compact Flash

Hello everyone,

This is I believe one of my very first posts. I've been around the Amiga scene for a little. Dabble in a few retro computers. Recently, I acquired an Amiga 4000/40 ... What a joy to receive this lucky find and be up and running with an Amiga again.

So, I spent the last few months reading and studying. Yesterday an entire day to install an SFS file system. Basically, my cards are Trancend, I did my homework got compatible stuff. My one friend who is an engineer helped me get a card with classic wb up and running. Now, I have been on my own. At one time I did this with ease. Maybe ten years ago. Everything detects perfectly. However, when I go to install WB. This nasty error comes up, " Sorry... an Error Has Occured! Copy files could not copy a file DOS Error Type: Unable to access a file drawer -- object in use...

Had some earlier success and I suppose I am a noob. Meaning, I have done this in the past. Also, recently, then this happened. Not sure what to do if anyone would be willing to help guide me out of this. Really, I want to get on to bigger and better things. A bigram plus, getting my ethernet and cd rom going. Putting my new floppies in. The entire thing is driving me bonkers ... However, I have a working card so I can enjoy it till this get solved and I earn my white belt in Amiga Karate ...

Thank you for any help, I would get the log files and copy paste on the board.

Louis ...
Old 10 April 2018, 10:53   #2
thomas

Quote:
Unable to access a file drawer -- object in use
Do not install to the Install disk! Do not select Novice user, select Advanced or Expert, then select the CF card as destination.

Also make sure that the boot partition on the CF card is indeed marked as bootable in HDToolbox.

And always keep your floppy disks write protected! The installer might have damaged the Install disk in an attempt to clean up the destination drive.
Old 10 April 2018, 13:56   #3
Tomislav

Also read this thread: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=61666
Old 10 April 2018, 16:25   #4
LOU

Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
Do not install to the Install disk! Do not select Novice user, select Advanced or Expert, then select the CF card as destination.

Also make sure that the boot partition on the CF card is indeed marked as bootable in HDToolbox.

And always keep your floppy disks write protected! The installer might have damaged the Install disk in an attempt to clean up the destination drive.
Thank you both for the reply very, very much ...
Tonight after work I will go over what you said. Then have a look. Then post my results here. From the day I have a 3.9 disk I made into an iso. It reconizes and writes to the cf. Granted I have to make an image to install properly. I will, right now I just want a bootable 3.1. It was working before, then stopped. Those hints may help. Grateful, will post results tonight...
Old 13 April 2018, 05:18   #5
LOU

Ok, so I did manage to get it working. The reason being, specifics. Thank you Thomas because you did solve the issue and I again am very grateful. Anyone else having this issue, I would like to help with this post. So when Wb install asks for options, you do not click novice, you click Expert. Once you do that it will again go through a few options then ask if you want to install to 3.1. You click , no, this is where I made the mistake. Then it goes to the option of picking your compact flash card ...