English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 30 June 2017, 01:05   #1
Xebec

A1200 Kickstarter Internal HxC mounting/External CF HDD

I don't have Facebook and don't see any action on the kickstarter page related to some of the promised 'upgrades'we could order..

Has anyone been able to acquire the parts that allow you to mount the internal CFF HDD above the PCMCIA slot on the side, or mount the HxC display internally, with buttons on the side?

The HxC mounting was the main reason I paid for this case ..

Thanks..
John H
Old 01 July 2017, 17:00   #2
kolla
Banned

"promised upgrades"? No, there were never any promised upgrades, the case simply has cut-outs for very common upgrades that already exists. The CF-mount thing was/is a product of Kipper2K who have since been absorbed into the Vampire project.
http://www.kipper2k.com

For HxC, here:
http://www.lotharek.pl/category.php?kid=7
Old 02 July 2017, 16:00   #3
Xebec

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ds/description

On the campaign page - "The Buttons expansion board that'll take place here is going to be available from http://kipper2k.com"

The buttons expansion board is needed for the HxC, making the cutout useless otherwise. Kipper2k's website now only has vampire stuff, nothing else anymore .
Old 02 July 2017, 17:35   #4
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xebec View Post
The buttons expansion board is needed for the HxC, making the cutout useless otherwise. Kipper2k's website now only has vampire stuff, nothing else anymore .
You have to take that with kipper2k, the case people have nothing to do with it.
Nowadays it seems silly to have relied upon such a thing existing to make the cutout, but hindsight is 20/20.

kipper2k seems to have abandoned every project that isn't the Vampire, so you're shit out of luck I'd say. Unless someone else comes with the goods.

I don't have one of these cases, but I am guessing it'd be pretty easy to come up with a home made solution, or even create an open source PCB anyone can etch on their own.
Is it just a cable with a board to connect buttons and display ? I'm sure I could make one, I just don't have the measures.
Old 02 July 2017, 21:20   #5
idrougge

You don't have to etch anything. Just use a piece of veroboard and mount momentary push buttons.
Old 02 July 2017, 21:45   #6
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrougge View Post
You don't have to etch anything. Just use a piece of veroboard and mount momentary push buttons.
Yeah I know, but some people don't want to do that, I am thinking that, if I have the measurements, I can prepare a kit for those unwilling or unprepared to do it themselves.

One part is the button assembly, but there's another part for the screen assembly.

I guess I could ask the case makers for the measurements, since they now have nobody producing a solution for one of the features they made the case for.
Old 03 July 2017, 14:35   #7
idrougge

All I'm saying that doing etching and CAD work for something this simple is a good way to not get something done, or to make things more expensive than necessary. As long as your production run is less than a hundred boards, you could just as easily to do it on stripboards.
Old 03 July 2017, 16:58   #8
Amiga1992

Alright, I give up, I do nothing.
Old 05 July 2017, 16:41   #9
kolla
Banned

Today it costs close to nothing to print a proper board, precious stripboards are better saved for prototyping.
Old 08 July 2017, 00:16   #10
Xebec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Yeah I know, but some people don't want to do that, I am thinking that, if I have the measurements, I can prepare a kit for those unwilling or unprepared to do it themselves.

One part is the button assembly, but there's another part for the screen assembly.

I guess I could ask the case makers for the measurements, since they now have nobody producing a solution for one of the features they made the case for.
Hey Akira - I can take measurements of various portions of the case if interested.. I could send pictures and go from there.

I can also 3D print 'fake boards' or whatever you need to test/verify fit of various things before any parts are committed in any way..

I guess the 3 button relocation is ultimately just desoldering the 3 bottons on the board, and instead using a piece of plastic or something with the 3 buttons on that piece, and then wires between that and the original HxC?

The LCD has a cutout in the board, and I think a way to screw it in.. although it looks like the LCD may need to be separated from the HxC mainboard and placed elsewhere in the case..

(My A1200 KS case is finally screwed together so I can't look right now).
Old 08 July 2017, 08:47   #11
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I bought lots of the IDE to CF adapters from kipper2k. They are 100% passive. If you asked him for the schematics and Gerber he'd send it I'm sure. Someone could then remake them