English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 07 April 2018, 00:58   #1
Leandro Jardim

WinUAE stuck in a loop

Hi Toni,

Following this link I tried to put the lines below, to my config file thinking it would select a different shader for low and high resolution screens, but it don't and WinUAE 3.6.1 gets stuck in a loop early in the boot phase (kickstart screen).

Code:
displaydata=lores,gfx_resolution=lores,gfx_lores_mode=normal,gfx_linemode=none,gfx_filter=D3D:CRT-Guest-Glow-Lo-Res.fx
displaydata=hires,gfx_resolution=hires,gfx_lores_mode=normal,gfx_linemode=mode3,gfx_filter=D3D:CRT-Guest-Hi-Res.fx
displaydata=lace,gfx_resolution=hires,gfx_lores_mode=normal,gfx_linemode=mode3,gfx_filter=D3D:CRT-Guest-Hi-Res.fx
displaydata=hires,lace,gfx_resolution=hires,gfx_lores_mode=normal,gfx_linemode=mode3,gfx_filter=D3D:CRT-Guest-Hi-Res.fx
My idea is to activate a different WinUAE resolution setting and a shader best suited to it on the most used Amiga screen modes automatically. Below are the configuration and the logs.

EDIT: Ok, I am seeing I have put some lines duplicated, not to say it was a very hard use case (lots of displaydata lines). So I fixed it and did some more tests, and found now that the infinite loop does not happen when I disable Low Latency VSync. Standard Latency VSync works very well. I notice also that these shortcomings happen both on Direct3D 9 and 11.

Now there are only two displaydata lines and they works:

Code:
displaydata=0,lores,cmd=gfx_resolution=lores,gfx_lores_mode=normal,gfx_linemode=none,gfx_filter=D3D:CRT-Guest-Glow-Lo-Res.fx
displaydata=0,hires,cmd=gfx_resolution=hires,gfx_lores_mode=normal,gfx_linemode=double,gfx_filter=D3D:CRT-Guest-Hi-Res.fx
But they fail when I enable Low Latency VSync, both variants. (Logs.zip)

There is some other problem too, this time when I put "gfx_linemode=mode3" in place of "gfx_linemode=double". On the kickstart screen, WinUAE crashes and dumps it's memory. (Logs2.zip)

EDIT2: I forgot that gfx_linemode=mode3 is not really necessary. (why in the earth I would want to use a shader with it?)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Logs.zip (13.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: zip Logs2.zip (57.7 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 07 April 2018 at 12:25. Reason: Appending extra information and correcting my English.
Old 07 April 2018, 20:40   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Wait until next betas, low latency vsync changes completely and more.. (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=88777 last few pages)
Old 07 April 2018, 22:38   #3
Leandro Jardim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Wait until next betas, low latency vsync changes completely and more.. (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=88777 last few pages)
Thanks, I will wait with great expectation.