English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 12 March 2016, 21:23   #1
WeiXing3D
Rusted Amiga user

Help setting up 16GB micro SD card in WinUAE for use in Amiga 3000

I'm trying to follow this tutorial [ Show youtube player ] while using Amiga Forever 2016. Unfortunately, besides the fact the user interface has changed a lot with the new version of WinUAE, I'm not being able to see (or detect) my microSD when trying to add it as a new Hard Drive.

I have used Windows Diskpart toll to clean the SD card, so all I see when pulling down in the Hard Drive settings is: ?[14.8G,RW as Storage Device].

Then when I tried to select that drive using HDToolBox I get a message saying that this type of device can be handled:

I can't seem to find a guide to prepare a micro or SD card to be used in a real Amiga 3000, by means of a SCSI2SD micro SD adapter. I'd like to have the card ready to plug and copy content of existing HDD with OS inside the Amiga.

I'd appreciate your guidance. Thanks.

Last edited by WeiXing3D; 12 March 2016 at 22:30.
Old 12 March 2016, 21:31   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Did you run WinUAE as admin? How did you mount it in WinUAE? (IDE? UAE? CF or HD type? Try first with UAE and run hdtoolbox with uaehf.device parameter, if it works, drive is detected and the rest are AmigOS side limits)

Select the drive, quit emulator, attach winuaebootlog.txt log file.
Old 12 March 2016, 22:26   #3
WeiXing3D
Rusted Amiga user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Did you run WinUAE as admin? How did you mount it in WinUAE? (IDE? UAE? CF or HD type? Try first with UAE and run hdtoolbox with uaehf.device parameter, if it works, drive is detected and the rest are AmigOS side limits)

Select the drive, quit emulator, attach winuaebootlog.txt log file.
FIXED. I thought I was running Amiga Forever as administrator but I was not. I managed to prepared 3 different sizes of micro SD cards from 4 GB, 8 GB and 16 GB, respectively, to test when I physically install the SCSI2SD micro SD adapter in my Amiga 3000.

I came across a stubborn 32 GB SanDisk micro SD, which is not letting me format the third and last partition (to be used as "Games"). I'm using PFS3 AIO handle with this card. Any ideas?

Last edited by WeiXing3D; 13 March 2016 at 07:31.