English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 17 December 2013, 15:23   #1
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Question FS-UAE and related packages for Fedora and openSUSE

I want to get in touch with users using FS-UAE and related projects on Fedora and openSUSE. Currently, packages for FS-UAE and FS-UAE Launcher are built, but I don't really use or test these, and to avoid bit-rot, someone needs to take responsibility and at least report if the packages does not work properly, or should be tweaked.

I (or even better, someone else) should also write .spec files for FS-UAE Arcade, libfs-capsimage and python-lhafile so these too are readily available to Fedora and openSUSE users. Also, the Launcher spec should be updated to install the python code in a better way, more like i do with the .deb files (install to a private directory).

If you want to help, either by just testing and reporting back, or help out with maintaining the spec files, please post a message in this thread

(The alternative might be that the Fedora and openSUSE packages disappear in the future...)
Old 18 December 2013, 08:03   #2
Goingdown

I could try to help, but I really have any idea what I should do

Also RL hits quite hard on me sometimes, so the updates can be little bit sporadic.
Old 18 December 2013, 17:42   #3
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Up until recently, only fs-uae and fs-uae-launcher were available in the repos on openSUSE build service (for Fedora, openSUSE and Deboan).

But now there's binary packages for all features. The complete package list is:
fs-uae fs-uae-arcade fs-uae-launcher libfs-capsimage4 python-lhafile

So I don't require or expect much, but it would be nice to get confirmation that all packages work on openSUSE (and Fedora). So things to check for with the new packages:
* Whether the .lha support works in FS-UAE Launcher when python-lhafile is installed
* That FS-UAE loads .ipf files probably when libfs-capsimage4 is installed.
* That FS-UAE Arcade starts and works.
* And that recent changes haven't broken FS-UAE Launcher and/or FS-UAE.

Feedback about missing dependencies, if any, is also appreciated so I can update the spec files (if requirements are not automatically installed).
Old 19 December 2013, 11:45   #4
Goingdown

OK, I did quick test.

I removed all existing versions of fs-uae + launcher + arcade + capsimage AND pyside from my system, then reinstalled fs-uae + launcher + arcade from repositories.

fs-uae launcher + fs-uae seem to work well, no problems. IPF images do work after installing libfs-capsimage4.

I noticed two problems:
for some reason, Gnome shell does not show icons for launcher and arcade, it only shows generic executable icon instead... even if the icons are in /usr/share/icons/hicolor/.....

Arcade does not work, when starting any game I got error
"AttributeError : 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'postEvent'

Hard to say about any dependencies because I have manually installed them for source version to work...

EDIT. Icon problem did seem to be somehow related to gtk-icon cache. After some time and logging out+in again few times I realized that icons are now showing

EDIT2. I realized that when I run fs-uae arcade in Gnome shell 3.10, Gnome top bar is top of the arcade window.. How I can change fullscreen settings for the arcade?

Last edited by Goingdown; 19 December 2013 at 17:27.
Old 23 January 2014, 07:23   #5
Goingdown

Frode, I tried fs-uae 2.4beta2 packages... Arcade seems to require python-pillow which is not found on OpenSUSE repos.

I did found python-Pillow from http://software.opensuse.org/package/python-Pillow, but it wont satisfy the requirement (maybe because of the P is on uppercase on rpm, but lowercase on fs-uae requirement).

Also python-Pillow seems to conflict with python-imaging which means by removing it it might remove other software which requires python-imaging (scribus in my case). Maybe python-Pillow package should be modified to provide python-imaging too, if it is replacement of it?

So question: Should OpenSUSE repo for FS-UAE also provide python-Pillow (in uppercase)? And this package should be set up to provide python-imaging if possible so that it can safely be used without the removal of ofter software?
Old 23 January 2014, 20:32   #6
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@Goingdown I thought http://software.opensuse.org/package/python-Pillow was the package list for openSUSE, but obviously not... I installed 13.1 in a VM and it has python-imaging....

Also, it seems python-pillow on Fedora "provides" python-imaging, so it looks like I can depend on python-imaging for all RPMS. I'll resubmit beta2 with updated dependencies.
Old 23 January 2014, 22:18   #7
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Updated packages are published, please try now
Old 24 January 2014, 10:53   #8
Goingdown

Great, works now