English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Amiga Magazine Rack > AMR contributions

Old 01 June 2010, 00:55   #1
Jimbo

CU Amiga

Hey

I noticed a few CU Amiga coverdisks missing, are these actually missing or is it just a time factor of putting missing ones up. Reason is, is I found a guy with the complete set who only has 2 missing from his collection. I sent him an email asking if he would upload the missing ones, even though I was unsure if they were missing or it was just a time factor. His website his here:

http://easygalaxy.net/cfamiga/index.html

Which clearly stats he has all but two. This was his reply to the email:

Code:
Hi Jimbo,

Thx for your email. I'm very aware of the AMR site and think it's a fantastic initiative to preserve these fantastic magazines. I will be more than happy to help out where I can. Somehow I had always assumed the site would have all the CU coverdisks complete already, so the thought never originally crossed my mind to submit ADFs.*

I have some time scheduled with my A500 within the next 2 weeks and I'll see if I can dig up all the coverdisks that would be missing and create ADFs of those and scan them as well where the cover disk art work is missing at AMR.

Regards,
Mijo (Captain Future)
Very nice bloke indeed, I hope something can be arranged if these disks are really missing from the site and not just backlogged. If they really are missing, where do we find a list of "missing" instead of looking at every link to see whats there. Does the EAB file server coverdisk section show what amr has complete? That would make life easy if it does. Maybe we could find him those 2 missing originals. Also where does he put the adf's and scans? On the file server?

Many Thanks

Last edited by Jimbo; 01 June 2010 at 15:41.
Old 11 June 2010, 07:00   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Thanks for the heads up on IRC
Please upload everything to the HOL/AMR FTP : http://hol.abime.net/hol_faq.php?section=contributions
Since galaxy isn't around I'll Cody know about your upload I will also put the ADFs (if missing) on the EAB file server aswell.
Old 11 June 2010, 23:27   #3
prowler
Global Moderator

Since picking up David Grantham's collection last Sunday, I have all the CU Amiga coverdisks and can supply any which are missing if you let me know which they are...
Old 11 June 2010, 23:33   #4
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
Since picking up David Grantham's collection last Sunday, I have all the CU Amiga coverdisks and can supply any which are missing if you let me know which they are...

You are now officially a one man Global Amiga Resource
Old 11 June 2010, 23:33   #5
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

If you could have a look here that would be great. Not sure I find the time to make a missing list during the weekend, but if you haven't done it during the next days, I'll try to make one on Sunday.
Old 11 June 2010, 23:38   #6
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
If you could have a look here that would be great, but if you haven't done it during the next days, I'll try to make one on Sunday.
I've saved that page and will check it tomorrow. Then I'll upload any that are missing.
Old 12 June 2010, 22:41   #7
prowler
Global Moderator

There are more CU Amiga coverdisks missing on AMR than I thought, so it will take a while to get them imaged and uploaded.

As far as I can tell, the list of missing disks comprises the following:
March 1990 coverdisk
April 1990 coverdisk
February 1992 coverdisk 27
May 1992 coverdisk 33
July 1993 coverdisk 61
January 1994 coverdisk 73
June 1994 coverdisk 85
August 1995 coverdisk 114
July 1996 coverdisk 137
October 1996 coverdisk 143
July 1997 coverdisk 161
and August 1997 to October 1998 coverdisks 162-193

Edit1: It looks like coverdisks 27, 33, 73 and 143 are on the EAB File Server, but I'll upload my copies of these anyway.

Edit2: Hmm... I don't have coverdisks 181, 182, 191, 192 or 193, and it appears that they were never in David Grantham's collection, because those disk images are not featured on the CD-R either. No matter, I'll upload what I have.

Last edited by prowler; 12 June 2010 at 23:49.
Old 23 September 2010, 15:39   #8
Jimbo

Was AMR updated with these uploads you did prowler? Or did you upload them to the file server?
Old 23 September 2010, 22:31   #9
prowler
Global Moderator

It's okay, Jimbo. You haven't missed them.

I haven't uploaded them yet. I've been too busy.

The original plan was to upload them just to the HOL/AMR FTP site, but now I shall upload them to the EAB File Server as well.

And I 'll let you know when I've done it.
Old 24 September 2010, 13:11   #10
Jimbo

Sweetness thanks