English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 24 May 2016, 00:31   #81
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgames View Post
how can an .exe turn to .pdf?
I removed Windows 10 after 10 minutes of installing it. It did give me "memory critically low" after opening 5 chrome browsers.

Something I never had on 8.1, i can open more than 20 with no issues...
I think it offers customization by default- when downloading a file win 10 asks what app you would like to open it with- if you are unsure or accidentally select the wrong app it remembers your choice and automatically tries to open all files of that type with the wrong program in future. Bizarre.

I think the old system of auto detecting the correct program to open the requisite file makes more sense.

Anyhow, I'll play on my other laptop.
Old 24 May 2016, 08:45   #82
Baboon
Moon Monkey

Quote:
Ok, I always associated Android with touch screen.
I'll add a tier for the Android version, very doable. I know a programmer who can port it to it.
Ah brill. Thanks v much
Old 24 May 2016, 12:19   #83
Jgames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboon View Post
Ah brill. Thanks v much
Old 24 May 2016, 12:38   #84
DamienD
Banned

Heya Jgames,

I'm probably being a muppet but can't seem to find the kickstarter link from your webpage to contribute / pledge funds?!?
Old 24 May 2016, 12:47   #85
Jgames

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Heya Jgames,

I'm probably being a muppet but can't seem to find the kickstarter link from your webpage to contribute / pledge funds?!?
Ah, the kickstarter is not setup yet.

It will start on the 25th of June.

I am preparing for it now, and will give more details about it soon.

But thanks very much for willing to participate, really appreciate it and hope I won't disappoint.
Old 24 May 2016, 13:05   #86
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Ah, the kickstarter is not setup yet.

It will start on the 25th of June.

I am preparing for it now, and will give more details about it soon.

But thanks very much for willing to participate, really appreciate it and hope I won't disappoint.
Thanks; I thought that after my reply
Old 25 May 2016, 00:22   #87
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

There does not seem to be any gamepad support? I can't play with keyboards, I'm rubbish with them.
The demo might benefit from gamepad support.
Old 25 May 2016, 00:26   #88
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Use any JoyToKey software to map the keys to joypads button. Works perfectly fine.
Old 25 May 2016, 14:25   #89
Jgames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Browne View Post
There does not seem to be any gamepad support? I can't play with keyboards, I'm rubbish with them.
The demo might benefit from gamepad support.
I would suggest to use Retro-Nerd solution for now, until these input devices get correctly implemented, which they will be for the eventual full version.
(I hope JoyToKey doesn't introduce lag).
Old 25 May 2016, 14:28   #90
S0ulA55a551n

Quote:
I would suggest to use Retro-Nerd solution for now, until these input devices get correctly implemented, which they will be for the eventual full version.
(I hope JoyToKey doesn't introduce lag).
Should be no extra lag, same amount of data still going through a USB bus
Old 25 May 2016, 14:29   #91
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Yep, think so too. Never noticed anything extra laggy with JoyToKey.
Old 25 May 2016, 23:30   #92
Jgames

Just to say that I received enough feedback about the difficulty being too hard even in Easy mode, so I added 3 more checkpoints on all difficulty modes, and lessened the number of dangerous situations in easy mode.

It should be an easy ride now.
(In easy, other modes are still challenging).

New demo version available at the same place here.
Old 17 June 2016, 01:29   #93
Jgames

Hi everyone;

I uploaded a new video of me playing in hard mode with melee only (mostly, one miss near the end), and no deaths.

The game also had a speed increase for Dan (and some enemies to keep the balance), as well as sharper melee attacks.
I think it plays much better than before.
Many other fixes has gone in.

In relation to the kickstarter, Dan in ninja form will have an assault rifle as projectile weapon, I think it's much better this way than having some kind of fire shuriken or super shuriken or the like which was my original intention.

Here is the video that I wanted to do before the kickstarter to show the game potential more:

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 18 June 2016, 00:21   #94
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Looks good. I'll surely back it on kickstarter- what is the minimum pledge amount to secure a copy of the game? I love the music btw.
Old 18 June 2016, 01:05   #95
Jgames

Quote:
Looks good. I'll surely back it on kickstarter- what is the minimum pledge amount to secure a copy of the game? I love the music btw.
The musician is someone I have great respect for, he made 3 tracks as for now and he's happy and ready to do more if the Kick is a success.

I did my calculations, and taking into account the statistics I got from the website and Youtube, Shadow Gangs is a niche game and I don't expect there to be many backers.

I will be surprised if there will be more than 300 backers.

Taking this into account, and the age group (which is 35-40 according to data) I came up with this:

£20 for a digital copy of the game.

For the Kickstarter:
£18,500 for the basic version (3 missions, 3 bosses (no Freddy) and no bonus stage).

For the real and full game experience, this stretch goal bellow is very important:
£28,500 for the full experience of Shadow Gangs (5 missions, 5 bosses, and the bonus stage)

The reason for the basic version is to maximise the chance of success, but also it will be a cut down version...

All the money will go to the artists, I get nothing up to this goal.

I will start getting something if it hits the next goal which is the Sega Dreamcast version (£36,500), and also in the next goal which will be the consoles version (PS4, XB1, Vita, Android) (£56,500).
These versions will see other programmers contribution.

And one last goal for a bonus mission 6 which will be fought in ancient Greece, with Zeus as final boss (£72,500).
Old 18 June 2016, 19:24   #96
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

I see. Thinking out loud- I'm wondering if the cut down version is a good idea or not?
Will it put people off? Maybe I'm wrong.

About the Dreamcast version, Saber rider and the star sheriffs did the same thing- they had the dreamcast version as a stretch goal- however the DC community did not want to pledge with only the possibility of a DC version happening- the funding goal was high for this game and the DC community felt that a dc version would not happen due to the high funding goal.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=user_menu

We asked the developers to consider a Dc version as part of the campaign and not just a stretch goal- that we could pledge for outright. They agreed. It was heavily backed and promoted by Dreamcast fans and the community.
The DC community are very passionate and I think your campaign will get an initial funding boost from them- hard to say but it could be several thousand euros worth.
You could always message the saber rider guys and ask them what it was worth to them.

I understand doing a DC version outright is no small task but it might give the campaign that initial boost which is important in the early stages of a campaign.
Dreamcast talk forum is a good place to gauge interest levels btw.
Old 18 June 2016, 19:48   #97
Jgames

Quote:
I see. Thinking out loud- I'm wondering if the cut down version is a good idea or not?
Will it put people off? Maybe I'm wrong.
I am having doubts now.
Putting myself as someone pledging for a Kickstarter game, I see that I would not be happy with a cut down version and might decide to not participate in the funding.

I think you are right, it's a put off.
Thank you for bringing this up, I will remove it and have the full game experience as funding goal instead of a stretch.

The asking price will then be £28,500...

Quote:
About the Dreamcast version, Saber rider and the star sheriffs did the same thing- they had the dreamcast version as a stretch goal- however the DC community did not want to pledge with only the possibility of a DC version happening- the funding goal was high for this game and the DC community felt that a dc version would not happen due to the high funding goal.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=user_menu

We asked the developers to consider a Dc version as part of the campaign and not just a stretch goal- that we could pledge for outright. They agreed. It was heavily backed and promoted by Dreamcast fans and the community.
The DC community are very passionate and I think your campaign will get an initial funding boost from them- hard to say but it could be several thousand euros worth.
You could always message the saber rider guys and ask them what it was worth to them.

I understand doing a DC version outright is no small task but it might give the campaign that initial boost which is important in the early stages of a campaign.
Dreamcast talk forum is a good place to gauge interest levels btw.
I am not sure about in the level of interest in a Dreamcast version, I just asked a question on the Dreamcast talk forum.

I'll wait and see, if there is not much interest I'll remove the Dreamcast version and have the consoles and Android version with a reduced funding goal price.
Old 18 June 2016, 21:16   #98
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Quote:
I am having doubts now.
Putting myself as someone pledging for a Kickstarter game, I see that I would not be happy with a cut down version and might decide to not participate in the funding.

I think you are right, it's a put off.
Thank you for bringing this up, I will remove it and have the full game experience as funding goal instead of a stretch.

The asking price will then be £28,500...

I am not sure about in the level of interest in a Dreamcast version, I just asked a question on the Dreamcast talk forum.

I'll wait and see, if there is not much interest I'll remove the Dreamcast version and have the consoles and Android version with a reduced funding goal price.
Ok. Sounds like a plan.These things usually snowball over there, lets see.
Old 24 June 2016, 20:59   #99
Jgames

Hi everyone;

I am excited to announce that the Shadow Gangs Kickstarter is now live here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...action-revival

Please share the news! and thank you!

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 24 June 2016, 22:10   #100
ExiE

I just read the kickstarter page and i don't understand one thing
as karate guy he uses shuricans and as ninja guy uses m16? It has no logic at all :-)

also may 2018 as target date seems a bit too far in the future for indie game