English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 16 February 2011, 14:43   #1781
RMK

Hi Retro,

Glad you got your card. I have had mine for a month now but have still to install and setup ACA tune. Hopefully the answer to your question will confirm to me what I need to do to set it up.
Old 16 February 2011, 14:49   #1782
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Hi Retrofan!

I find if you make a mistake in the ACATune line then no options set.

Looking at yours I'm not sure you sould have two stars ** after Maprom, I think it should just be one *

All the best,

Steve.
Old 16 February 2011, 15:31   #1783
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks fitzsteve. Now I've got:
C:ACATune -maprom * -fastchip on -setchipmem 2048 -fastmem on -z2cache on -chipcache on >NIL:
... and it hangs -black screen-
I deleted -caches on as it was saying it was unknown, and -fastchip on as it was repeated.
Old 16 February 2011, 15:51   #1784
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

@Retrofan,

I should have read your sig. Doh! I think since you are using OS3.9 you can't use Maprom unless you a using a Custom Rom that you made up. However if you have a Custom 3.9 Rom ijn a file that you made you can replace * with the path to that Rom file and then it will work.

For now, if you do not have a Custom Rom you should take out Maprom all together.

Then you can ask in forum about making a 3.9 Rom, mfilos is an expert here so should be able to give some advice

Steve.
Old 16 February 2011, 16:02   #1785
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks fitzsteve, but now it's running with two ** even.
I've used now the ACATune tool of the floppy instead of the new one of Jens. It seems the latest works with some ACA's, but not with others.

It goes fast as a bullet, I see it faster than the B1260. It opens all before you hear the click of the mouse (faster than sound?...) I've taked off -setcOmem as it was slowing it, I believe. For the rest it's all activated.

Another thing: Ibrowse hangs. I don't remember it was hanging with the B1260. Let me see it.
Old 16 February 2011, 16:09   #1786
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Thanks fitzsteve, but now it's running with two ** even.
I've used now the ACATune tool of the floppy instead of the new one of Jens. It seems the latest works with some ACA's, but not with others.

It goes fast as a bullet, I see it faster than the B1260. It opens all before you hear the click of the mouse (faster than sound?...) I've taked off -setcOmem as it was slowing it, I believe. For the rest it's all activated.

Another thing: Ibrowse hangs. I don't remember it was hanging with the B1260. Let me see it.
Glad you got it working, yeah the ACA really is quick with the ACATune enhancements

I think you're using IBrowse with FPU option, this is why it hangs. Reinstall and choose non FPU option when installing

Oh - and have fun

Steve.
Old 16 February 2011, 16:20   #1787
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks, I'll have. Perhaps I've got a little excited telling that comparisons... Well, it has 2,137Mbs speed with sysinfo. That's a lot as I'm (still) not using any Fast-Ata, any Idefix.
Ah, and another thing I was supossing is that I've got more chip ram. Do you remember that photo of my CWB39 with the Full Throttle image? It was showing 1.500.000 of chip ram... a misery. I got more after I installed cyberbugFixAga, around 1.700.000. Now it shows 1.835.928 chip ram

EDIT: I've got a dude: I have around 5 Cf Hd. Can I leave installed the ACATune in all my Cf HD's so I can use them in both Amigas? (Although I won't be able to use FPU Ibrowse)

Last edited by Retrofan; 16 February 2011 at 16:59.
Old 16 February 2011, 18:56   #1788
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Just for info... And since I see you have Subway (from your signature)...
Poseidon installation tends to put "LoadModule input.device" as first line in startup-sequence using the default installation.
Since loading the input.device in the memory before ACATune declaration kinda screws the memory, just put it (if you use it) under ACATune or comment it and you'll be fine!

Apart from that, 2x* = mapping 1MB roms, while 1x* = mapping of 512kb roms.
Old 16 February 2011, 19:39   #1789
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks Mfilos. I believe I'm going to leave this Amiga without subway by now. What I'm thinking is to put a Fast Ata MKIII, and it will put it's commands in the first line too. I will change them to 2ยบ then. Can I have any problem adding the Fast Ata?

Don't tell me the ACA 1230/56 doesn't run AmigaAmp?

BTW: I've made the trapdoor for it:

Last edited by Retrofan; 16 February 2011 at 21:07.
Old 16 February 2011, 20:55   #1790
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

You will have a problem with anything that load in memory before the MapROM feature.
If you want MapROM enabled (which you'll want cause speed difference is huge) then you should put ACATune as 1st declaration in Startup-Sequence and everything you want after that

AmigaAMP (that I test yesterday on my A600 with ACA630 told me it requires and FPU... So I guess it will say the same to your installation as well :S
I dunno if there is a method of running AmigaAMP with no FPU but I would like that also to test my MAS-Player (without the MAS-Player program)
Old 16 February 2011, 21:10   #1791
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

BTW -SetcOmem is necessary for something?
Old 16 February 2011, 21:28   #1792
Cammy

Try this instead of AmigaAmp - http://amigazeux.net/anr/

It uses WinAmp skins just like AmigaAmp and also supports internet radio and podcasts.
Old 16 February 2011, 21:50   #1793
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
Try this instead of AmigaAmp - http://amigazeux.net/anr/

It uses WinAmp skins just like AmigaAmp and also supports internet radio and podcasts.
Thx for the link Cammy. I guess it doesn't support MASPlayer's masmpeg.device though aye?
Old 16 February 2011, 23:52   #1794
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfilos View Post
You will have a problem with anything that load in memory before the MapROM feature.
If you want MapROM enabled (which you'll want cause speed difference is huge) then you should put ACATune as 1st declaration in Startup-Sequence and everything you want after that

AmigaAMP (that I test yesterday on my A600 with ACA630 told me it requires and FPU... So I guess it will say the same to your installation as well :S
I dunno if there is a method of running AmigaAMP with no FPU but I would like that also to test my MAS-Player (without the MAS-Player program)
Also dont forget, if using newer ACATune, you need to add p to patch the maprom.
Old 17 February 2011, 00:02   #1795
amigakit.com

@mfilos

In the AmigaAmp directory, there is an alternative executable called AmigaAMP.NoFPU (you will need to Show All Files)

Last edited by amigakit.com; 17 February 2011 at 00:08.
Old 17 February 2011, 00:02   #1796
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Also dont forget, if using newer ACATune, you need to add p to patch the maprom.
Do you mean that I must install the new one again?
If the old is running fine....
BTW IBrowse for 68020 (no FPU) runs great, I'm using it now
And thanks Cammy, I'm going to try it.
EDIT: Well, no, I'll try AmigaAmp no FPU first...Now that I remind, it's true, you've got that option in the AmigaSys menu.

Last edited by Retrofan; 17 February 2011 at 00:10.
Old 17 February 2011, 00:05   #1797
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Do you mean that I must install the new one again?
If the old is running fine....
BTW IBrowse for 68020 (no FPU) runs great, I'm using it now
And thanks Cammy, I'm going to try it.
This thread is way to confusing now.
Old 17 February 2011, 00:35   #1798
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
This thread is way to confusing now.
You have to read a couple of hours back. I tried the new ACATune and it wasn't working, so I'm with the old.

The AmigaAmp has it's No Fpu icon if you show them all. I changed it's icon even to have the same of the normal AmigaAmp, but it runs bad. I'm going to try the one of Cammy...

EDIT: Tried: I've got two news, one good and one bad... The good is that as Aminet Radio was asking for a guifx.library v18 that CWB39 doesn't have, I plugged the Cf HD of Amigakit where I've got a Ham video while booting, and it was running almost fine without installing ACATune in that Cf even. ... The bad is that after I copied the library in the other Cf Hd, Aminet hanged... won't it work with my ACA?

Last edited by Retrofan; 17 February 2011 at 01:05.
Old 17 February 2011, 01:38   #1799
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
You have to read a couple of hours back. I tried the new ACATune and it wasn't working, so I'm with the old.

The AmigaAmp has it's No Fpu icon if you show them all. I changed it's icon even to have the same of the normal AmigaAmp, but it runs bad. I'm going to try the one of Cammy...

EDIT: Tried: I've got two news, one good and one bad... The good is that as Aminet Radio was asking for a guifx.library v18 that CWB39 doesn't have, I plugged the Cf HD of Amigakit where I've got a Ham video while booting, and it was running almost fine without installing ACATune in that Cf even. ... The bad is that after I copied the library in the other Cf Hd, Aminet hanged... won't it work with my ACA?

Theres 3 ACATunes now,

Original 1.0, Beta 4 and Beta 5.
Old 17 February 2011, 03:26   #1800
desiv

Quote:
Theres 3 ACATunes now,

Original 1.0, Beta 4 and Beta 5.
And including Beta 6? So would that be 4 of them total?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens
b6 only adds the 42MHz cards to the list of known cards.
desiv

This thread is great, but a web support page might make this easier to track... ;-)