English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 02 January 2018, 23:15   #41
mk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Lol, i'd give it a go except it's a blank disk
I just downloaded it to be sure and no, it's not blank. There's the Telltale program and thegrail.tal files on it. Did you read my instructions above?
Old 02 January 2018, 23:27   #42
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1 View Post
I just downloaded it to be sure and no, it's not blank. There's the Telltale program and thegrail.tal files on it. Did you read my instructions above?
Yes, I know it has the files on except no matter what I use to download it's blank when I load it in ADF Workshop or when mounting in my WinUAE HD config, it's blank and has no files on it?
Old 02 January 2018, 23:28   #43
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rygar View Post
Probabilibity for files was setting to zero
Old 02 January 2018, 23:33   #44
mk1

Quote:
Yes, I know it has the files on except no matter what I use to download it's blank when I load it in ADF Workshop or when mounting in my WinUAE HD config, it's blank and has no files on it?
Odd. I'll try tomorrow from work where I have a Windows machine. Works at least on my FS-UAE on OS X.

I'll upload the original ADF that I edited in the first place to The Zone in the meantime.
Old 03 January 2018, 00:52   #45
BarryB
Amigaholic

That one is OK, downloaded and runs!

Still can't make the creature appear though? Met the bloke who needs help with his mother, met him again when he asks if you've found the cure, slept in the gutters a dozen or more times and the creature never shows? Removed the 30% probability and now it works!
Old 03 January 2018, 01:17   #46
dalek

Maybe the random number generator routine it's using in that version of Telltale is broken?
Old 03 January 2018, 02:19   #47
BarryB
Amigaholic

Something is definitely broken as some of the characters that aren't being displayed give clues on what to do, then the minimal sound effects and the fact 2 of the key characters fail to appear unless you modify the game suggests something is not right with the Amiga version!
Old 03 January 2018, 08:21   #48
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
ok, i have bought the game on disk. I'll check if there is any hidden protection used, because what you reported is not normal.
Old 03 January 2018, 09:52   #49
mk1

Quote:
That one is OK, downloaded and runs!

Still can't make the creature appear though? Met the bloke who needs help with his mother, met him again when he asks if you've found the cure, slept in the gutters a dozen or more times and the creature never shows? Removed the 30% probability and now it works!
Eh? I thought I removed ALL probabilities from all screens. Every screen in the castle should have people appearing always you enter the screen now.

I tested it too and it worked. Somehow this seems similar to the problem on my standalone disk image, that every disk write I do in my version of FS-UAE doesn't seem to work on yours?

EDIT: I get the same results now on my work Windows machine as you did. Disk name is empty etc. Is there some compatibility problem with FS UAE & WinUAE ADF-creator / disk writing?
Old 03 January 2018, 13:03   #50
BarryB
Amigaholic

Does FS-UAE create a file with the changes and not edit the actual ADF? If you load a read-only disk image in WinUAE (like IPF, Extended ADF) and it allows saving to the disk then WinUAE creates a file with the changes and leaves the image untouched as it can't natively write to read-only images.

I've now modified the Gnome character and have completed the game, it's a very short game, so can now put this one to bed
Old 03 January 2018, 13:32   #51
mk1

Ok, great! Can you upload your modified version to The Zone?
Old 03 January 2018, 13:33   #52
BarryB
Amigaholic

I'll have a go, I only modified it in developer mode while the game was running!!
Old 04 January 2018, 09:31   #53
mk1

Any luck?
Old 04 January 2018, 13:32   #54
BarryB
Amigaholic

No?

I can't seem to get the Gnome to show on the screen where he's supposed to be, I can get the Fight Gnome screen but there is no probability attached to him? You can only edit the Talespin version as well as the standalone one I have must have been saved so you can't edit it.

I'll keep trying!

Last edited by BarryB; 04 January 2018 at 14:11. Reason: Grammar!
Old 04 January 2018, 14:35   #55
BarryB
Amigaholic

OK, sorted it!

You have to PLAY the damn game to the point where the Gnome is supposed to appear THEN edit the screen so you can remove the 40% probability from him, must be something to do with how the variables are set? The fact you can jump straight to the GUTTER screen and edit the CRIPPLE to remove the 30% probability suggested you could do the same with the other screens, apparently not!

So, never ASSUME as it makes an ASS of U and ME

Uploaded the Talespin version that can now be completed to the Zone, it's not the PNE cracked one, question is was there ever a planned 'The Grail 2' as the ending of this suggests there was?
Old 04 January 2018, 15:02   #56
mk1

Quote:
OK, sorted it!

You have to PLAY the damn game to the point where the Gnome is supposed to appear THEN edit the screen so you can remove the 40% probability from him, must be something to do with how the variables are set? The fact you can jump straight to the GUTTER screen and edit the CRIPPLE to remove the 30% probability suggested you could do the same with the other screens, apparently not!

So, never ASSUME as it makes an ASS of U and ME

Uploaded the Talespin version that can now be completed to the Zone, it's not the PNE cracked one,

Quote:
question is was there ever a planned 'The Grail 2' as the ending of this suggests there was?
I truly hope not.

EDIT: I wonder if anyone ever managed to create anything with Talespin?

Last edited by mk1; 04 January 2018 at 15:17.
Old 04 January 2018, 15:24   #57
BarryB
Amigaholic

Another AGTW?
Old 04 January 2018, 16:43   #58
BarryB
Amigaholic

Just tried my original as an ADF in my FlashFloppy drive on my A500 ECS/1mb KS1.3 and it has the same issues as before, so it can't be completed on real hardware either!
Old 04 January 2018, 17:34   #59
butfluffy

according the the info over at HOL the talespin version has been shortened.
does anyone know if there is a lot missing from the talespin version?
i wonder if it's possible to fix the original game or modify the talespin version files included inside the adf so it's not shorter than the original.
Old 04 January 2018, 17:51   #60
BarryB
Amigaholic

You can't modify the standalone version, at least I can't see how as loading it into Talespin doesn't show the Development mode! Wonder if someone can figure out if you can 'hack it' to be editable in Talespin?