English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 15 June 2013, 09:21   #561
prophesore

The strange thing is that after delivery sansries blood, and select Concerns or Curse no text - empty board - another mistake.
Old 15 June 2013, 13:14   #562
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
strange, because i get some text here when i write concerns (Worries/concerns ; inquiètudes/préoccupations) and (curse/malediction).
Old 15 June 2013, 21:41   #563
prophesore

What I meant was that Pelani not respond to these words after giving him sansries blood. In the German version of the game which I'm testing now, is the same. They do not show up as well as texts that do not appear in the English version. After his release, residents Burnville in German version Sandra did not say the text described a few posts above, and missing three new interlocutors in the House fo Healers in Burnville.

It looks as if the bugs are already in German version, and are transferred automatically to the English.

There are also minor differences.

Navigating the form in combat.

In the English version of the Sword of Mando has an infinite number Firepillar spell, in German version Ghost Weapon.
Old 15 June 2013, 21:45   #564
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

it's normal. Why would he talks about these words when the problem has been resolved ?
the concerns/worries/curse are "desactivated" because you have sansries blood.
Old 15 June 2013, 22:30   #565
prophesore

This is not normal. Aman word "thing" has such a crappy brooches, after it has been saying the same text. Baron Karsten word "trouble" has such a cleansing vault after clearing says the same thing. Wat the Fisher and Tolimar also say the same thing - and Pelani is empty board.

I can not think helped. Anyway, this is a negligible detail.
Old 15 June 2013, 22:45   #566
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

why not normal ? imagine your girlfriend talk to you and says : "darling we have no more bread at home, can you do something about it ?".

You go buying some bread. Once you get back, she won't tell you anymore about the bread problem.

once you have done the action, it has no reason to repeat itself.
Old 16 June 2013, 02:44   #567
prophesore

I wrote that after Aman, Karsten and others do not see that the job was done, although another text thank for its execution. Just the game designers did not see this as important - I am too.
Old 16 June 2013, 10:12   #568
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

dlsfrsilver is correct. A lot of NPC responses to words are cancelled after a task has been completed. In some cases they have new responses to the same word.

But prophesore is also correct. Some NPC's don't change their responses to words after a task has been completed. Their responses still read the same and (because of the wording) it can read like the task has not been completed.

I imagine that there is a *slim* chance it is a translation issue. Possibly the original German sentences may have worked for both before and after a task was completed. But I think it is unlikely.

It is probably a minor oversight which was never discovered during play testing. The words should have either been cancelled or had a new response.

Such things plague not only Ambermoon but tens's (if not hundreds) of other action/response type games. I don't believe it warrants fixing.

Last edited by alexh; 16 June 2013 at 10:19.
Old 16 June 2013, 11:07   #569
prophesore

I do not mind these minor shortcomings texts. The more I care about missing texts in the talks. Something needs to be done in order for them to have shown only no one knows what ?. I think that these are issues that may not be solved without the intervention of the German version of the game.

I would like to explain them all, but I do not succeed this year, it does not commit seppuku. I mentioned it earlier in the hope that someone knows the answer to that. If you do not know I guess nobody knows. Perhaps the authors of the game ?.
Old 16 June 2013, 20:15   #570
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

maybe i have corrected the text script 105.amb (260.amb) where the text has an |END.. wrong sentence.

the fact is that to fully correct the the file, you need to add a 10th entry in the header.
because otherwise the text for the gigantula won't appear otherwise

i guess the sentences are linked maybe to the data files, maybe the mecanic is inside and the sentences number need to just be added ? this has to be investigated.
Old 19 June 2013, 20:28   #571
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

ok a bit of news : i have found 2 files in NPC_texts.amb and 1 in 3map_texts.amb which have two text blocks next to each other.
this can explain why some sentences are not displayed correctly.
this is some text blocks which are not terminated correctly. instead there is an |END... and the next text block.

in NPC_texts, this impact ketnar's dialogue about his mother. it also impact the file about the gigantula in 2Map_texts.amb (105.amb). When you reach the zone where the huge spider is, you should get a message like :

Bank04 dc.b $20,"LA TOILE SE DECHIRE FACILEMENT AVEC LE BRUIT DE QUELQUE CHOSE QU'ON ARRACHE. VOUS ENTENDEZ ALORS DES GAZOUILLIS EXCITES DANS LES COULOIRS DE LA VIEILLE GROTTE. PUIS CELLE-CI SE MET A TREMBLER SUBITEMENT, COMME SI QUELQUE CHOSE DE TRES VIEUX ET TRES GROS S'ETAIT REVEILLE D'UN SOMMEIL ETERNEL.",$20,0
Bank04End
Bank05 dc.b $20,"LA TOILE SE DECHIRE FACILEMENT ET VOUS ENTENDEZ DES MILLIERS DE PETITES PATTES TROTTINER SUR LE DUR SOL DE LA GROTTE.",$20,0
Bank05End

after 'SOMMEIL ETERNEL' in Bank04, there is a |END.. and then the sentence "LA TOILE SE DECHIRE FACILEMENT ET VOUS ENTENDEZ DES MILLIERS DE PETITES PATTES TROTTINER SUR LE DUR SOL DE LA GROTTE."

this sentence must be removed from bank04 and put in a Bank05 otherwise, and all the banks from 05 to 09 must be incremented like Bank05 => Bank06, etc ,etc.
this gives in the end '0A' blocks insteaf of '09'.......

the files in NPC_texts (ketnar's dialogues) suffers from this problem. in 3map_texts, it's the text of DOR GRESTIN.
Old 26 June 2013, 19:50   #572
prophesore

I finished the German version of the game and not the same text as the English Versions. Version 1.01 has a lot of mistakes - sometimes not drawn map or forget and need to discover again, the wall open with password closes and you return to the previous record, you can not enter a password because of German letters. Errors in the form characteristics are similar to English.
Old 26 June 2013, 20:01   #573
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

v1.01 must not be used, prefer the v1.05 which corrects many bugs in the german release.
Old 27 June 2013, 00:08   #574
prophesore

I know that 1.01 has bugs, but I managed to finish it. I thought that there will be a missing text and characters.
Old 27 June 2013, 00:32   #575
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

there are missing texts. The problem is not inside the executables, but inside the data files. You can't see them if you don't "open" them.
Old 27 June 2013, 11:46   #576
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Here is a link to the v1.05 patch if you're interested.

http://aminet.net/package/game/patch/amber
Old 04 March 2014, 15:20   #577
kovacm
Banned

I play AmberMoon for two days and keep wondering how they manage to fuck up so simple thing: tile based 3D maze.

It was perfect in AmberStar but this 3D Wolfenstein like shit in AmberMoon make entire game barely playable!

is there any way (patch, hint, keyboard shortcuts...) to move in 3D by "tiles" and not in this horrible "free look"?
Old 04 March 2014, 16:14   #578
sokolovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovacm View Post
I play AmberMoon for two days and keep wondering how they manage to fuck up so simple thing: tile based 3D maze.

It was perfect in AmberStar but this 3D Wolfenstein like shit in AmberMoon make entire game barely playable!

is there any way (patch, hint, keyboard shortcuts...) to move in 3D by "tiles" and not in this horrible "free look"?
I don't understand your point. If you don't like the view of Ambermoon don't play it... The didn't fuck up anything, they have just done one of the best 3D engine on a basic Amiga. If it was a traditionnal tile based 3D maze, it will be another game.

To me it sounds like asking a patch to play Doom by tiles and not as it is supposed to be played. Strange...
Old 04 March 2014, 16:29   #579
kovacm
Banned

I finish entire AmberStar few times (first time on ST back in 90s without walkthrough).
I do like AmberMoon also but I do not like (more precise: HATE) Wolfenstein engine in 3D map.

btw best 3D engine on ST in Wolfenstein 3D by Ray/tSCc and it is use in FPS, not in RPG.
"thanks" to 3D engine in AmberMoon I:
1) looking at pixels in super large size
2) spending hours instead of minutes lurking through corridors
3) open 2D maps every few second (vs few minutes in AmberStar)
it is terrible and I do not want to argue with anybody if it is better or whatever

I just want to know if there is efficient way to move in 3D world in AmberMoon (one click = one tile forward, or 90 degrees left or right...)
Old 04 March 2014, 16:37   #580
Cherno

One you get the compass, navigating becomes a lot easier.

You can turn 90 degrees by right clicking when the cursor is a turning arrow (right and left upper corners), and 180 degrees when the cursor is the turnaround arrow (bottom of the screen).

I agree that it's a little cumbersome the way the mouse control works, though.