English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 11 September 2004, 03:10   #1
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Probably the LAST Tribute DVD question

Ok guys i really need your feedback so i can close up the DVD and heres the question ???

There are loads of games on the menus and loads in the workbenchs. All these games can also be accessed with the XBOX so that leaves me with an empty space and that is the Amigadisks DIR in Winuaex. SOOOOOO!!!!!
What if i filled that with the Assasins collection ????
Thats 250 adf's * 4 games to each floppy so thats a good extra 1000 games to play via Xbox and from the PC.......

What do you think ?????
Old 11 September 2004, 15:57   #2
Bloodwych

Can't see any reason not to if you have the free space. Might as well use every last bit you can. Never had a look at that collection, so having it on the DVD would be perfect for me.

Unless someone can think of something more fitting to add, that gets the go ahead in my opinion.
Old 11 September 2004, 16:37   #3
Hillsy_

Sorry, what are the Assassin's Collection? The Tosec collection of ADF games? What sort of games are on the Assassin's Collection? Demos? Commerical games? Which? What would be fun would be to do what the DVD states.....A tribute to the Amiga. For example, you could produce a Video of ingame footage showing off the capabilities of the Amiga.....or seeing that you created it Synchro....have a tribute to YOU!! Have alittle interview of yourself on the DVD. You could talk about how you created the DVD etc...just a thought!!

I'm sure whatever you do will be great!!

Keep up the good work!!

- Hillsy.

PS: You have the WHDLoad games on the DVD, no point in having the Assassin's Collection....change the directory name to Tribute or something.
Old 11 September 2004, 17:22   #4
andyr

Hi m8.

Like Bloodwych said, if the space is there and isn't being used then it's pointless wasting it. Some people don't have/don't know of the full Assasins collection and while IMO the amount of decent & playable games in the collection is about 8%-10% it does give a snapshot over a period of time as to what that almost extinct breed of people called 'bedroom programmers' were up to.

BTW, is this all games? Any demos? I've literally within the last 10 minutes unearthed a CD I'd forgotten I had (and never used) which came free with my Surf Squirrel for the A1200 all them years ago called AMIGA CD SENSATION: DEMOS ARE FOREVER (C)1996. I'm going to have some fun having a look at them now but if it's any use to you then I can chuck a copy of it your way. 648MB of Amiga Demos, Diskmags & Music compilations, half of which is compressed(!)
Old 11 September 2004, 18:04   #5
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

If you mean demos as in game demos then there arent any but if your referring to IE....Red sector....type of thing like Jesus on E's demos then yes there is a dir on all the workbenchs that contains an A to Z of the very best !!!!

BTW.....Tha Assassins collection is freeware and sharware games....each adf has a nice menu and usually 4 games...most crap but some arent bad !!!
But its a good collection to have all the same...Highly collectable

The reason for this idea is simple...IE....If i have turrican that runs from the workbench on the XBOX why have it again in the XBOX's amigadisks dir or repeat any of the others for that matter.
Its different from the menu on the PC as its quick launch and looks REALLY COOL !!!!!

Last edited by synchro; 11 September 2004 at 18:28.
Old 11 September 2004, 20:20   #6
andyr

Happy

Aye, I'm referring to demo as in 'the demo scene'.

Like you say, the Assassins collection is freeware and shareware - dunno about it being a nice menu (or music) though - functional is the word that springs into my mind. Some of the games are very good though - Megaworm, Pod and Mr & Missus are the ones that instantly come to mind. Nothing to look at but some great gameplay!

Sorry m8 - didn't get the gist of your last paragraph though! I presume you are talking about avoiding duplication of titles on the disc (but I could be wrong - I have been known to be wrong before - not often though!!!)
Old 11 September 2004, 21:55   #7
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Ye.....Kind of wandered off at the end there didnt i
I think i was probably answering one of the posts above ????