English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 03 September 2014, 03:18   #1
Leandro Jardim

Random lockups, general question

Hi,

I am experiencing random lockups in Workbench, unfortunately I am not able to track the cause... I have installed WinUAE b7+ and *ALL* Cosmos libraries in my OS 3.9 hardfile with BB4, on the same day and after this, Workbench started to lockup for no reason...

I am removing all patches and updates, but the issue persists! VirusZ, Safe, and VirusChecker dont report anything strange...

The WinUAE logs didnt say anything important, except some access to A2065 before the lockup, but I guess its nothing.

I want to ask if anyone had the same issue with WinUAE or Cosmos libraries ultimately. I like the two products and I want to continue using the two...

For example, this last WinUAE b14 update, I simply cant use on my computer, none of the emulated RAM boards that I use even boots.

About Workbench, anyways, it lockups randomly any time and I even dont need to do anything, it simply lockup after some time the system is idle...

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 03 September 2014 at 05:08.
Old 03 September 2014, 08:21   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I don't and won't use any "optimized" libraries. Nothing can guarantee they work with all possible expansion combinations or other patches.

Usual debugging method: remove _all_ expansions, everything possible, if it starts working, start adding expansions one by one until problem re-appears.
Old 03 September 2014, 11:11   #3
Leandro Jardim

I cant use Blizzard 1230-IV emulation, the ROM is not loaded (the boot screen's blue color animation doesnt show up) and the system doesnt recognizes the fast-ram. I disabled the "updates" as you said, in the end I booted with OS 3.9 + BB2 only. But it cant continue because there is no fast-ram, I tried even without the startup sequence.

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 27 March 2019 at 13:38.
Old 03 September 2014, 12:36   #4
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandro Jardim View Post
*ALL* Cosmos libraries
Here is a very good reason for your crashes!
Old 03 September 2014, 13:34   #5
Leandro Jardim

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
Here is a very good reason for your crashes!
He he. I think you are right. I removed everything and now Workbench seems to work, although I think the issue was related with the updated layers.library (I was reluctant in disabling it on my computer). This on b13.

But on b14, that not fix the problem with the RAM board emulation, but you may be aware of this already.
Old 03 September 2014, 13:39   #6
ancalimon
Supernormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandro Jardim View Post
He he. I think you are right. I removed everything and now Workbench seems to work, although I think the issue was related with the updated layers.library (I was reluctant in disabling it on my computer). This on b13.

But on b14, that not fix the problem with the RAM board emulation, but you may be aware of this already.
On a real A1200 with 060, using everything Cosmos did, there is no unstability here. So I guess your problem might be a different one.

I also use the updated icon.library and layers.library.
Old 03 September 2014, 13:49   #7
Leandro Jardim

Yes, I know, its strange. Beyond the random lockups, one intuition text editor was showing error requesters about cursor offsets out of range and I could not run VirusChecker anymore because it could not load "bgui.library". But the truth is that I disabled everything and now VirusChecker runs perfectly, the lockups are gone and now I can even start browsing the "internets" with IBrowse.

But I am also think its very early to claim some "culprit", and this is not the case (and this will not help nobody).

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 03 September 2014 at 13:58.