English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 19 August 2014, 22:49   #1
back2skooldaze

whdload games in classic workbench?

Hi please can someone help I am using winuae to create the system.zip file to install classic wb on my A1200 now i have successfully done this by zipping up the dh0 in dopus but what i am now experiencing is what ever classic workbench i do there is no whdload games in the alphabetic folders?
I have tried to play these in winuae before actually zipping up the dh0 to create the system.zip to install on my A1200?

All the programs etc work no problem but the whdload games are not there? and in classic ADV and ADVSP all i get in the games folder is igame.IFF which is an icon and no actually game to play?

I have successfully done the classic 68k on my new cf boot card for my Amiga 500+/ACA500 and all the whdload games are there but when trying to do this with winuae and then transfer the system.zip to dh0 on the A1200 everything installs except whdload games? What am i doing wrong?
Old 20 August 2014, 00:06   #2
esc

No games are included in ClassicWB except bloodwych

Old 21 August 2014, 01:19   #3
back2skooldaze

Well i have installed classic wb 68k and thats got all the whdload games in?
Old 21 August 2014, 01:38   #4
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
If you get Classic Workbench from the official site it does not come with any WHDLoad games*, you can download them elsewhere

*except Bloodwych as mentioned above
Old 30 August 2014, 00:13   #5
back2skooldaze

Hi Steve,I do apologise yes i have got a classic workbench 68k from somewhere else that had all the whdload games included.Sorry i was confused.

Steve i know i asked you before but i have successfully installed Amiga OS3.9 in winuae and i have downloaded the classic wb OS3.9 how do i go from there? I've installed os3.9 and the bb1+bb2 to winuae
I have downloaded os3.9 classic wb
Can you please tell me how i go to installing the classic os3.9 to winuae now i have a clean install of os3.9?

Thanks Andrew

Last edited by back2skooldaze; 30 August 2014 at 00:36.
Old 30 August 2014, 00:38   #6
back2skooldaze

I've tried adding the hdf file and rebooting in winuae and i see Workbench with the clean install of os3.9 i did and there is an icon System which is the classic os3.9.
If i open the classic wb and goto Dopus it keeps asking for A-temp ?
I was hoping to zip the classic os3.9 from there to create a system.zip
Old 30 August 2014, 01:49   #7
back2skooldaze

I've done it god i can't believe it was that easy!!!!
I was not seeing the little icon for the install on wb.
After starting up winuae with the clean install of os3.9 and bb1+bb2+bb2 contributions i then added the classic os3.9 hdf file and reset then there was a little icon with a black matchstick man with a shovel LOL and under that it said click here to install
So once i clicked install everything was running fine so now i have reset winuae with the fresh install of os3.9 removed and only the hdf file it then boots to classic wb os3.9 and from there i have used dopus to zip system up to a system.zip file which is going directly to the usb stick which i will burn to disc and transfer to the a1200 in the tower
Old 30 August 2014, 01:51   #8
back2skooldaze

Thats if i do use the system.zip for os3.9?

I will have to get the new install of classic wb os3.9 over to the real amiga?
Old 30 August 2014, 02:30   #9
back2skooldaze

OK I'm back with my tail between my legs LOL
OK i have tried the system.zip to the DH0 partition and deleted all previous wb and tried rebooting and nothing?
I have then reinstalled os3.9 to DH0 and transferred the system.zip and this time i have double clicked it and unzip it but i get the hour glass just hanging there and nothing happening?

So my question is how do i get the classic os3.9 wb from winuae to the real amiga?
Old 30 August 2014, 02:36   #10
crazyc

Create the real Amiga install floppy from the adf that comes with cwb. Then when you boot from that it looks for system.zip on dh0. I think.
Old 30 August 2014, 03:46   #11
back2skooldaze

DDURRR I'm so stupid I did not look for that in the classic os3.9 download i just jumped straight in with the winuae which i followed Thomas Rapp's guide on the net.
Well what i have done is in a fresh install of os3.9 and bb1+bb2 i then unzipped the system.zip i made and it took a while but it unzipped and re-wrote over the os3.9 and on reboot i have a classic os3.9 install and everything works but now you have pointed out the adf install disc i am going to go by that!! Cheers for your reply Crazyc
Old 30 August 2014, 04:29   #12
back2skooldaze

OK i've done the install disc on floppy and starting again with the install properly now and all is going well I've always wanted to use OS3.9 classic but never understood how to do it but you learn everyday and thats why i love amiga's!

I'm installing to my A1200/mediator setup with a blizzard PPC603e+ with 64mb simm hopefully will be upgrading to 256mb No mediator stuff installed at the moment.
4gig Quantum hard drive on a powerflyer gold The quantum is a big heavy hard drive.

Amikit was ok but the classic workbench's feel better and smoother.