English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 12 November 2013, 23:03   #41
Subzero
Living and Legend

1st. Cracking / Illegal Questions:

A) Who was the official founder of the Vision Factory
Marco Polo!! and a friend of him , name forgotten!.

B) On which amiga show did Tristar and Red Sector merged into TRSI
not really sure, could be cebit90...

C) Who was the guy behind this wellknown illegal cracking address: P.O. BOX 10 ….4540 AMAY BELGIUM
THAT was ME and Metallica! , but mainly me!)

D) Which group had the slogan “let us rule up the show together”
never heard ... lol........
Old 13 November 2013, 05:52   #42
kriz

haha just excellent
Old 14 November 2013, 02:12   #43
BamSec1

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaundroMat View Post
What did the "B" stand for in Bamiga Sector One?
Belgian

Old 14 November 2013, 06:07   #44
Mark Wright

OK then, while I'm here ;-)

It's amazing to think that there are still people around in 2013 who can not only answer all of these questions correctly but also do it in the blink of an eye like it was yesterday...

SCENE TEST (all Q's off the top of my head to which I know the answer) and no Googling now ;-)

1) The mighty Silents had a short-lived ultra-lame UK division in 89/90, what was that UK group originally called?
2) The diskmag Cracker Journal was mostly written in what language (or at least it seemed it!)?
3) "The Fucking Best" was the strapline for which arrogant group?
4) Which Australian team provided the soundtrack for BS1's crack intro of Galactic Conqueror - extra point for naming BS1's collaborators
5) Name the music editor "written by" Supersereo of The Superions that was suspiciously compatible with Jochen Hippel's playroutines
6) How many releases did Unit A state that they would crack before writing X Co... I mean, before disbanding
7) label: btst.b #6,$bfe001 bne.b label rts <-- what does this do in asm?
8) "Baaaaahh Quartex again?" are the opening words to which team's third demo - bonus points for naming either/or the song and artist covered by Knackosoft & Flynn on its soundtrack
9) Who created the useful "IFF Converter" and "Sound FX" programs in 1988 - bonus point for naming which less useful program was he previously responsible for?
10) Triple point score - name the UK TV music show that used Amigas to generate overlayed onscreen info from 1989; name the US cable TV service that used Amigas for its display (and was infamous for the many guru appearances); name the UK TV channel whose chevron logo was the inspiration for a BS1/TKT 1988 intro
11) What year was associated with the group Alpha Flight?
12) Name the leader of the German group PHR-Crew
13) What was the first song played when you booted Jungle Command's Music Invasion III - and for an extra point, what was the game you could play while listening to the tunes?
14) What was the alias that Thomas Dalghren used before becoming Uncle Tom?
15) Name the team who were at war with the group Freestyle UK as evidenced in various uncomplimentary intros during 1989?
16) Rebels made a 64 tribute demo in 89/90 with nostalgic effects, but the soundtrack covered which 80s game character's 8-bit swansong?
17) The spoken "Romeo Knight" sample in part 1 of the RSI Megademo II comes from an actual hip hop record by which artist?
18) What colour did your CLI flash when unpacking a Bytepacker file if you (1) had less than 512k (2) had more than 512k
19) The Soundtracker module "Steeve.B" by Banana of TEK is a cover version of which sickly-sweet 80s hispanic/freestyle hit - the clue is in the name
20) What happens when you press the right-mouse button during Tristar's Tetris intro?

Last edited by Mark Wright; 14 November 2013 at 06:17.
Old 14 November 2013, 07:25   #45
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

1) The mighty Silents had a short-lived ultra-lame UK division in 89/90, what was that UK group originally called?

--

2) The diskmag Cracker Journal was mostly written in what language (or at least it seemed it!)?

German

Storm

4) Which Australian team provided the soundtrack for BS1's crack intro of Galactic Conqueror - extra point for naming BS1's collaborators

--

5) Name the music editor "written by" Supersereo of The Superions that was suspiciously compatible with Jochen Hippel's playroutines

Future Composer

6) How many releases did Unit A state that they would crack before writing
X Co... I mean, before disbanding

Waits for LMB.

8) "Baaaaahh Quartex again?" are the opening words to which team's third demo - bonus points for naming either/or the song and artist covered by Knackosoft & Flynn on its soundtrack

It's the Tristar demo commonly referred to as "Boulder demo" released in 1988.

9) Who created the useful "IFF Converter" and "Sound FX" programs in 1988 - bonus point for naming which less useful program was he previously responsible for?

Hmm, Metallion of Kefrens? Can't remember that he coded Sound FX program though.

10) Triple point score - name the UK TV music show that used Amigas to generate overlayed onscreen info from 1989; name the US cable TV service that used Amigas for its display (and was infamous for the many guru appearances); name the UK TV channel whose chevron logo was the inspiration for a BS1/TKT 1988 intro

--

Phil I think, can't quite remember though.

13) What was the first song played when you booted Jungle Command's Music Invasion III - and for an extra point, what was the game you could play while listening to the tunes?

Can't remember the first song but there was pac man game included.

Titan

15) Name the team who were at war with the group Freestyle UK as evidenced in various uncomplimentary intros during 1989?

--

16) Rebels made a 64 tribute demo in 89/90 with nostalgic effects, but the soundtrack covered which 80s game character's 8-bit swansong?

Auf Wiedersehen Monty.

17) The spoken "Romeo Knight" sample in part 1 of the RSI Megademo II comes from an actual hip hop record by which artist?

--

18) What colour did your CLI flash when unpacking a Bytepacker file if you (1) had less than 512k (2) had more than 512k

Bytepacker? And if you mean ByteKiller, the stanard decruncher didn't have any memory check built-in, i.e. same decrunch colors on 512k and 1MB machines.

19) The Soundtracker module "Steeve.B" by Banana of TEK is a cover version of which sickly-sweet 80s hispanic/freestyle hit - the clue is in the name

Some Stevie B song which name I can't remember.

20) What happens when you press the right-mouse button during Tristar's Tetris intro?

Scroller displays PLK/contact address.
Old 14 November 2013, 07:56   #46
Mark Wright

There we go, proving my point - incredible (and dare I say it also completely useless) knowledge still on display after all these years! Every answer given correct and within just an hour or so :-) Mind you, I'd expect nothing less from StingRay. It's worrying that we'll both still remember this ten years (or more) from now too.

However. I did, of course, mean Lord Blitter's Bytekiller cruncher/compacter which I'm sure I can remember doing its thing in dark blue (on an unexpanded A500) and in lime green (if you had an A501 or similar tucked away). You're the authority on this, so I'm in no position to quibble, but is that not the case?

Oh no! I'm suddenly reminded of an article I wrote for LAZARUS the Amiga website sixteen years ago which is bound to leave me red-faced, but since it happens to still be on-line after all these years, here it is!

http://www.radiofriendly.co.uk/jul97-crunchers.html
Old 05 December 2013, 03:10   #47
Mark Wright

Guess it was just me and StingRay after all then :-) Anyway, here are the answers to the best of my knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wright View Post
6) How many releases did Unit A state that they would crack before writing X Co... I mean, before disbanding
1) Cyrus Corp, named after the loudspeaker manufacturer that the group's organiser worked for
2) auf Deutsch ;-)
3) Storm
4) Nukebusters - BS1 teamed up with "Quoram"
5) Future Composer - never did work out the relationship between this and COSO/HIPPEL
6) 50
7) Wait for left mouse-button in a loop
8) Tristar - Knackosoft & Flynn covered Laserdance's track Fear (look it up on YT)
9) Chris Haller & Chris Weber of SCA/Linel/other endeavours
10) The Chart Show; Prevue Guide (search for this with the words Guru Meditation on YT); Yorkshire Television
11) 1970
12) Phil - I think PHR-Crew became Thrust
13) Monty On The Run (cover version) and Pac Man was the game
14) Titan
15) I believe this (http://arabuusimiehet.com/break/amig...s.php?id=13106) was made by Share and Enjoy ;-)
16) Auf Weidersehen, Monty
17) Romeo Knight by Boogie Boys (YT again)
18) I meant Bytekiller, and in my experience it was blue (512k) and green (1mb)
19) "Spring Love" by Stevie B (got to be seen on YT to be believed; watch the classic Cascade Germany intro (search Cascade Welcome Intro) with the soundtrack from this instead ;-) shame on you, Banana!)
20) PLK's 'r' us... plus the answers to bonus questions I forgot to include: (1) Beathoven and (2) Knighthawks ;-)