English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 10 May 2018, 20:03   #1
kolorabi

Amiga game walkthroughs?

Hi,

I remember there being a site full of Amiga game walkthroughs back in the day, but I can't find it now for some reason. Does anyone know if it still exists, or what the address was (in case it is on the Internet Archive)?

I'm spefically looking for a walkthrough for Dylan Dog: Through the Looking Glass, and there does not seem to be any such walkthroughs online. There's a supposed full solution on Youtube, but the guy just plays for 20 minutes and then load a saved game that takes him to the last part...
Old 12 May 2018, 12:08   #2
Raid27
I have a joystick

Try Gamefaqs.

They've been around for awhile and I know they have old Amiga games.
Old 12 May 2018, 12:11   #3
Thalion
Amiga Collector

this one is one of the oldest and biggest Amiga related i know of.

http://www.ollivision.de/
Old 13 May 2018, 11:47   #4
kolorabi

Thanks for the suggestions, Ollivision was not a site I was aware of.

I did eventually find the site I originally thought about, it's been gone from the web a long time, but there is actually an offline mirror available on Aminet:

http://aminet.net/search?query=amicheats

The original address: http://www.netrover.com:80/~timt/amicheats.html (for use with Archive.org, which seems to have most of it as long as you go back far enough).

Unfortunately it didn't help me with my current problem, and neither did the suggested sites, so I'm beginning to suspect there's never been a walkthrough for this game. Anyway, the Amicheats archive will probably come in handy at some point.

Last edited by kolorabi; 13 May 2018 at 12:01.
Old 13 May 2018, 12:08   #5
Thalion
Amiga Collector

Which game you need help for?
Old 13 May 2018, 12:24   #6
kolorabi

It's Dylan Dog: Through the Looking Glass (there are some videos of it being played online, but none of them show this part - not even the supposed solution, which just consists of someone playing the beginning and then loading a saved game to get to the end...).

I suspect I am going to need very specific instructions, so I'd be surprised if anyone can help me unless they've completed the game very recently and have a much better memory than mine. But here goes, just in case:

I need help to finish the first day where you get access to the cemetary. SPOILERS for what I've done so far:

I've been to Scotland Yard and asked about everyone & everything, I've been to the antique shop and found both the broken mirror and the secret room, where I found a letter & compared it with the burned one from earlier as well as read something about celtic burial rites, and I've been to the cemetary and found the weird note in the sarcophagus. I also met Langford there, but despite trying everything, I couldn't find any way to interact with him.

(I also searched my office first, to find the articles needed to find the secret room in the antique shop and the gun & ammo needed to survive the cemetary sequence)

When I get home after all this, there are a few scenes of Dylan thinking about stuff, and then the narrator says that there's a missing piece of information about the protagonist or something like that. And I have to restart the day.
Old 14 May 2018, 17:52   #7
Thalion
Amiga Collector

Ok as i've never played that game i'm sorry i can't help you. But i suggest you start a new thread with this special question so you get more attention.
Old 15 May 2018, 04:24   #8
SquawkBox
Speedbump gimme goosebump

Send a message via ICQ to SquawkBox
Could this be of some help ?
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]

It's played in Italian by this guy WaffyFromBari, apparently, he passes day one tranquillamente. Not an actual walkthrough, just the first few minutes of the game.