English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.UAE Wishlist

Old 25 March 2015, 21:03   #1
Leandro Jardim

Rounded corners overlay

I was playing with PNG masks emulating CRT monitors, for both Native and RTG screens, and it looked very good on a small window on desktop, and I was thinking on a way to round the corners of the Amiga screen to make it look like a CRT, but without necessarily "curving" the screen, or applying "heavy" shaders.

Unfortunately I think this cant be done. Well, maybe it can be done in the same way we apply the Ambermoon overlays (that I have put in The Zone for a while).

Correct me if I am wrong, an overlay is in reality only a big mask that fills the whole screen, with the difference to "real masks", in which the overlay is not repeated over the entire screen. Thus theoretically, it can be used to apply a "shape" to the screen...

If could be possible to "animate" overlays and masks (through GIF or RLE AVI), every graphic artist with WinUAE could create "TV tuning" effects over the screen, like static and interference, by hand, without programming. And if could be possible to "compose" new effects simply by choosing a list of ready-made overlays/masks to draw on the screen, one over the other, would not be necessary to be an artist and have a paint program, for everyone to create their own visual effects.

If this could be possible, would be possible also to draw logos and watermarks, animated or not, over the Amiga/RTG display for recording directly to AVIs (with WinUAE AVI recording feature) for YouTube or for direct viewing. Its good for scene groups and individuals that need to copyright their video footage. Two rabbit in one shot (no offence gimbal).

If would be possible to play one user chosen WAV and loop it repeatedly together with the animated overlay, would be possible to add different "noise" types to the "TV tuner", and even simulate sound interference of real TV, possibly creating funny jokes, with popular "sayings" of music and Hollywood.

If overlay/mask composition, sound and animation, could be scriptable through Lua, then would be possible to randomize these effects in real time during emulation. With Lua could even be possible combine them like the Amiga does with a "genlock". Well, technically it is the opposite of genlock, because the Amiga graphics will be in back of the WinUAE overlay/mask, but if could be possible to swap the position, and put the overlay/mask in back of the Amiga graphics, then its like a genlock, only purely digital.

But for a genlock WinUAE dont would need to play every file format, or draw many image layers (like that idea or worse, Adobe Premiere!), would be only necessary for WinUAE to play an AVI thru DirectShow or VFW, and render the amiga display over the video, while the emulation is running, and save it back with WinUAE's AVI recording feature at the same time.

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 26 March 2015 at 23:37.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 30 April 2015, 03:58   #2
Schlachtwerk
68k RULEZ

Take a look in the Zone, on my Bezel.

http://download.abime.net/zone/Monitor.png
Old 30 April 2015, 04:03   #3
ransom1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlachtwerk View Post
Take a look in the Zone, on my Bezel.

http://download.abime.net/zone/Monitor.png
This one is nice, how are you guys intending on using these? with winuae? any examples?
Old 30 April 2015, 22:39   #4
Schlachtwerk
68k RULEZ

Use it simple als Overlay in WinUAE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment.php.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	44091  
Old 18 May 2015, 15:13   #5
Schlachtwerk
68k RULEZ

Upate, the Corners habe now Anti Aliasing.

Old 19 May 2015, 16:21   #6
rhester72

The anti-aliasing killed the badge text :/ It looks terrible!

Rodney
Old 19 May 2015, 19:26   #7
Schlachtwerk
68k RULEZ

Ok i will Fix it
AdSense AdSense