English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.UAE Wishlist

Old 20 March 2013, 21:23   #61
CFOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip now also implements "legacy" D3D vsync 100Hz+ black frame insertion and possibly directdraw too (difficult to test, for some reason Windows 8 + WinUAE full screen DirectDraw = extreme slowdown)
wonderfull

it's workding with directdrac and D3d

Smooth without 3d vision glasses and wihtout rbg bug...

Toni your are my hero....

now I stop praying cthulhu

My new god is Toni !!

Last edited by CFOU!; 20 March 2013 at 23:57.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 20 March 2013, 22:15   #62
cpharlok

Great! I am glad you got it fixed

BTW: I tried that last build you posted and lightboost is not working with that one on my setup, tried legacy vsync and triple buffer, 1920x1080. First build works perfectly. Just FYI.

Last edited by cpharlok; 20 March 2013 at 22:26.
Old 20 March 2013, 23:28   #63
CFOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpharlok View Post

BTW: I tried that last build you posted and lightboost is not working with that one on my setup, tried legacy vsync and triple buffer, 1920x1080. First build works perfectly. Just FYI.
legacy vsync works works here

i use low ltency sync option too witj success

Last edited by CFOU!; 20 March 2013 at 23:54.
Old 20 March 2013, 23:43   #64
CFOU!

it's works now but as before sometimes it seems a bit desynchronosious

brightness is changing or i can see some black screen but it perhaps cause by light perturbation of the room using 50hz electricity

i will try without external light

ps: i am verify this problem exit without external light source, in legacy or low latency sync

Last edited by CFOU!; 20 March 2013 at 23:58.
Old 21 March 2013, 09:21   #65
CFOU!

It's time for my morning prayer.

Toni ... Toni .... Master of the amiga .... Brings us a little of your light and your knowledge...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to take a little time to thank Toni Wilen for the big job and impressive he has done with WinUAE, the core was good, but since it works on improvements WinUAE approaches perfection.

So, my sincere thanks for that.

Wishing you always keep your passion intact.
Old 21 March 2013, 17:41   #66
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpharlok View Post

"not working" is the most useless thing that can be "reported". Only possible answer is "works for me" (and I don't even have lightboost hardware )
Old 21 March 2013, 18:01   #67
CFOU!

->Toni

Can you explain please what you are change in last Winaue Beta build to fix 'rgb bug' on my config
Old 21 March 2013, 18:07   #68
CFOU!

haveo thers users sometimes brightness changing (2 seconds more brightness and 2 second more brigtness, etc....) in fact it's switch between 2 differetns brightness!!!

but also sometimes black screen appearance?

at begenning all works fine but after some minute, this little bug appears, i will investigate more to try to understand when exactly it's appear
Old 21 March 2013, 19:29   #69
cpharlok

Quote:
"not working" is the most useless thing that can be "reported". Only possible answer is "works for me" (and I don't even have lightboost hardware )
Sorry my fault, I just wanted to note that with my initial setup I posted some messages earlier that last one build does not work. I prefer to test intensively then properly report with logs and options.

But as I do not know if it is a fix just for CFOU or what has been changed I did not include logs and I have not done an extensive testing, as the first modification is working fine for me. I will completely test it at weekend and report.
Old 21 March 2013, 19:35   #70
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Only change was "legacy" and DirectDraw support. D3D + low latency is exactly the same.

Only difference may be optimization level, "official" betas are compiled with max optimization, "unofficial" betas have less optimization but difference is normally very small.
Old 22 March 2013, 02:19   #71
cpharlok

My bad... I did not see you added the option "100/120Hz black frame insertion" in Miscellaneous and of course it was not checked on my config. Working perfectly. Thanks!
Old 12 April 2013, 19:20   #72
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I really had to see lightboost mode myself so I finally bought Asus VG248QE. Used blurbusters lightboost how to to enable it.

Wow!! It is soooo smooth and ultra-sharp, absolutely no noticeable blur whatsoever even in fast scrolling games or demos. (100Hz vsync + black frame insertion enabled).

Screen gets dimmer but it is very small difference compared to my old non-lightboost 100/120Hz monitor.

Of course there is one problem and it is major problem: 1920x1080 resolution (I have used 27" 2560x1440 for 2 years or so). Perhaps I need to build 3x portrait setup or something
Old 12 April 2013, 19:30   #73
CFOU!

Quote:
I really had to see lightboost mode myself so I finally bought Asus VG248QE. Used blurbusters lightboost how to to enable it.

Wow!! It is soooo smooth and ultra-sharp, absolutely no noticeable blur whatsoever even in fast scrolling games or demos. (100Hz vsync + black frame insertion enabled).

Screen gets dimmer but it is very small difference compared to my old non-lightboost 100/120Hz monitor.

Of course there is one problem and it is major problem: 1920x1080 resolution (I have used 27" 2560x1440 for 2 years or so). Perhaps I need to build 3x portrait setup or something
yes this is awesome but you have to test yourself to believe it ....

When I discovered by chance for the first time a 2D game on PC with 3D glasses can be as smooth as LCD monitro on a CRT monitor, I struggled to get over it!
Old 13 April 2013, 10:00   #74
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I noticed non-fastest possible CPU low latency vsync + black frame insertion was unstable. Should work better now.

Also "no buffer" is now supported but it can be unstable, especially in fastest possible CPU modes. (You'll know it isn't stable if you see bright area on top of screen that moves up and down = buffer switching is in visible area. Much easier to notice than tearing because tearing needs horizontal movement)

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip

btw, make sure you have winuae.exe nvidia profile that has power management mode = prefer maximum performance. It improves vsync stability, at least in no-buffer mode. (But do NOT override vsync or any other settings!)
Old 13 April 2013, 12:29   #75
CFOU!

Quote:
I noticed non-fastest possible CPU low latency vsync + black frame insertion was unstable. Should work better now.

Also "no buffer" is now supported but it can be unstable, especially in fastest possible CPU modes. (You'll know it isn't stable if you see bright area on top of screen that moves up and down = buffer switching is in visible area. Much easier to notice than tearing because tearing needs horizontal movement)

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip

btw, make sure you have winuae.exe nvidia profile that has power management mode = prefer maximum performance. It improves vsync stability, at least in no-buffer mode. (But do NOT override vsync or any other settings!)

wonderfull

i 'am not at home but i try to test it this evening or tomorrow.

pehaps temporary visible black frame can be fixed by nvidia profile modification
Old 14 April 2013, 02:09   #76
CFOU!

tested

indeed it seems more stable now

but after sometimes of play i have always teh curious bug (tsted witg turrican 2 NTSC/BC KID NTSC & QUIK))

for one or 2 minutes it's works fine but after the brightness darkened brutally for two or three seconds after the light is thinning for 2 or 3 seconds and so on ...
Old 14 April 2013, 13:53   #77
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Lots more information needed

Does 100/120Hz vsync without black frame insertion have same problem?

Any difference if sound is disabled?

Any difference between A500 quickstart setting and fastest possible CPU (both with and without JIT) modes?
Old 18 April 2013, 13:23   #78
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Probably offtopic but it is lightboost related.

I just bought two VG248QE's and setup portrait surround mode (TODO: debezeling and better surround monitor stand). SLI GTX680 GPU setup.

Low latency vsync seems to work fine in full surround portrait resolution in 100Hz lightboost mode (3240x1920), it flickers a bit of course (due to black frame insertion) but it is really sharp and smooth. (NOTE: Surround/Eyefinity resolutions only work in next beta, max resolution limits are too small)

btw, surround lightboost instructions floating around does not seem to work if you don't have 3d emitter. Only way that worked for was to enable lightboost in all monitors was to use "single-monitor" CRU + model number change + lightboost.bin instructions, then activate one monitor only, run 3d wizard, (next, next, exit), lightboost was enabled, disable monitor, activate next monitor, run 3dwizard and so on.. (Hopefully someone finds quicker way or NVidia makes "2D lightboost" official option) Fortunately lightboost remains active until monitor's power plug is pulled.

Also if I create manual lightboost resolution (1920x1080x120) and enable it, nvidia control panel always crashed when attempting to enable surround. (All monitors blanked, left and middle come back, right monitor stayed in sleep mode and surround was not enabled) CRU + lightboost.bin did work.

PC games of course also look really great
Old 21 April 2013, 09:49   #79
pandy71

btw similar technique probably can be used to simulate real interlace on progressive displays - a bit crude but as there is no perfect deinterlacer can be very useful for real interlace content (video edition for example).
Old 24 April 2013, 00:10   #80
cpharlok

Congrats Toni with your new surround lightboosted setup, is indeed amazing when you see it working for the first time. I am thinking about buying another 2411T

I will try to test the low latency vsync + black frame intensively this weekend. I think I played turrican 2 for a couple of hours with low latency switched on with no bugs, but I can't remember it well.
AdSense AdSense