English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language > Coders. Blitz Basic

Old 13 April 2018, 11:18   #1
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
SuperTed 2.5

Where do I get SuperTed 2.5 to replace the original BB2.1 Ted?
Old 13 April 2018, 11:47   #2
Daedalus

The original BB2.1 also comes with an older version of SuperTED on the Extras floppy, but the latest version is found in the Blitz Support Suite (which is included in the Ultimate Blitz CD as well as on blitz-2000.co.uk. That site also has a patch to update the Blitz Support Suite version of SuperTED to the latest version, which appears to be 2.52.
Old 10 January 2020, 03:36   #3
jvdw007

Stupid question perhaps, but I'm trying to get Notepad++ integrated with Winuae to load, update and compile BB2 code. However, the simple rexx command I made (following this thread - http://gamephase.net/files/linked/BB...HowTo-v1.1.pdf), doesn't work. Simply reports "Command error 5/1: Program not found". I tried running it directly in shell, so I know it's not got to do with WinUAE and NP++ talking to each other.
I've tried loading Ted via the Blitz2 exe but nothing, so I suspected it might work if I can get to run SuperTed that is on the ultimate CD. However, there are several folders in there and no instructions on what to do.
So, do I copy all the files to equivalent Workbench folders or into equivalent Blitz2 folders or what?
For a start, I tried copying SuperTed to the same location of old Ted (after renaming Ted) and it basically now causes Workbench to crash with a Suspend/Reboot option. I did not copy anything else from the SuperTed folder because, like I said, I have no idea where it needs to go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Old 10 January 2020, 04:39   #4
jvdw007

Nevermind, I finally realised what happened. I seemed to have an incomplete extracted ultimate cd lha folder. I redid it after re-downloading the package and ran the installer and it worked. Now Blitz 2 is running SuperTed.
Still having the Arexx issue though...
Old 10 January 2020, 11:17   #5
Daedalus

Maybe an obvious thing, but worth checking anyway... Did you include the comment at the top of the ARexx script? It may seem silly, but ARexx *requires* the first line of the script to be a comment, so you need that in there or you'll get the error message you quoted.
Old 10 January 2020, 15:35   #6
jvdw007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Maybe an obvious thing, but worth checking anyway... Did you include the comment at the top of the ARexx script? It may seem silly, but ARexx *requires* the first line of the script to be a comment, so you need that in there or you'll get the error message you quoted.
Wow that is exactly what I did. I re-added a comment and it popped Ted up asking to load the file. I chose my bb2 file and it compiled, so woot! And thanks Daedalus!

On a related side note, when running winuae on my desktop to do this, it works fine in version Winuae 3.4. But because I sometimes RDP into my home desktop when out, that version of Winuae doesn't display on RDP. It simply stops responding. So When I load an older version I have 2.7 or something, that one DOES work on RDP, but it does not work when I enable the Winuae TCP bit for np++and Winuae to talk! Not sure what to do at this point. I guess I'll have to just do game dev when I'm at home, which will severely limit my time to do so.

Correction: As it turns out, both Winuae versions 2.7 and 3.4 work over RDP if I disable the TCP://0.0.0.0:1234 serial port, otherwise they hang. This is not an RDP issue, as this happened to me last night too while I was at my desktop pc.

Last edited by jvdw007; 10 January 2020 at 15:40.
Old 10 January 2020, 17:24   #7
Daedalus

Hmmm, I've never done anything along those lines in WinUAE, but it might be worth asking in the WinUAE support thread. It could be an obscure bug (trying to telnet into the Amiga from the host while streaming over RDP is probably a bit of a niche case ).
Old 10 January 2020, 22:33   #8
jvdw007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Hmmm, I've never done anything along those lines in WinUAE, but it might be worth asking in the WinUAE support thread. It could be an obscure bug (trying to telnet into the Amiga from the host while streaming over RDP is probably a bit of a niche case ).
Thanks for your help. It was the firewall issue.