English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Modules

Old 23 August 2012, 01:00   #61
prowler
Global Moderator

OK, I'll put it in The Zone for you to have a look. I don't know much about this really, but these disks are often requested and I've built up quite a collection.
Old 23 August 2012, 01:24   #62
absence

Thanks! It's a UGA PD disk unfortunately.
Old 23 August 2012, 22:35   #63
prowler
Global Moderator

That's too bad.

Still, by adding some new information to this thread, i.e. by linking to the boxed software picture in your post, you could jog someone's memory.

I would guess that the original disks are copy-protected, and that's why the TOSEC images all have cracker tags, but I wonder why no data disks have been added?

I'm reproducing that image here for better visibility:

Until I saw this picture, I had thought the various Data, Jukebox, and Instruments disks, etc. were either bundled with the program disks or available as add-ons.
Old 23 August 2012, 22:47   #64
absence

Thanks for posting the image. As I mentioned in the other thread, the 2.0 disks on AmigaScne seem legit. Still looking for older versions. I don't think disk-based copy protection was common for application disks, as it was mostly recommended to take backups. I guess the reason there are so few clean ones in TOSEC is either that people who dump ADF files don't have the originals but just whatever copies were floating around among their friends at the time (thus messages from swappers, different/modified instruments, etc.), or that people were generally careless and wrote changes to their original disks.