English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 06 May 2004, 23:19   #1
Nexjen
Abre Los Ojos

Send a message via AIM to Nexjen Send a message via MSN to Nexjen
Expensive Classics.

Just been surfing on Ebay the past few months for a couple of classics , I managed to look at a couple but I was shocked at the prices some of the games go for.

For example , Moonstone , Shadow Of The Beast , It Came From The Desert , Pirates! , Monkey Island etc.

Have you managed to bag any deals with the above games / or games at a really good price.

I managed to pick up the Fantastic Worlds which has Mega Lo Mania , Pirates , Populous , Realms and Wonderland. For £2.70 thats about £5.20 in total.

What about anybody else?
Old 06 May 2004, 23:27   #2
Peanutuk

Games either go for their low asking price or go sky high. Try buying SWOS on ebay, it reaches original full-price levels, as does Kick Off 2. Moonstone goes for alot as it was banned in some countries and so earned a desirable reputation.

It seems odd as I would expect such 'classics' to have been the most popular games to be owned back in the day, but maybe that's the case - people buying the games which they once had or couldn't afford to have when they were kids.
Old 07 May 2004, 00:13   #3
Djay
95th User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexjen
Just been surfing on Ebay the past few months for a couple of classics , I managed to look at a couple but I was shocked at the prices some of the games go for.

For example , Moonstone , Shadow Of The Beast , It Came From The Desert , Pirates! , Monkey Island etc.

Have you managed to bag any deals with the above games / or games at a really good price.

I managed to pick up the Fantastic Worlds which has Mega Lo Mania , Pirates , Populous , Realms and Wonderland. For £2.70 thats about £5.20 in total.

What about anybody else?
go to charity shops or boot markets instead... you can sometimes pick some great bargains at these places... charity shops don't really know the true worth of a game like moonstone and if you are lucky you'd pick it up for a pound!!!

also check my Charity Shop Thread
Old 07 May 2004, 10:53   #4
Nexjen
Abre Los Ojos

Send a message via AIM to Nexjen Send a message via MSN to Nexjen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay
go to charity shops or boot markets instead... you can sometimes pick some great bargains at these places... charity shops don't really know the true worth of a game like moonstone and if you are lucky you'd pick it up for a pound!!!

also check my Charity Shop Thread
I totally wish. Iv checked around the local ones and ones in the city centre. No luck at all.