English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 05 May 2016, 18:48   #241
Akira
Registered User

Akira's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 19,265
I am sad that they have not accepted your offer Galahad, but at this point, I couldn't care less about them including this in the game. It's just a silly gimmick and now that you are not involved we know it would probably suck balls.

The new game looks pretty amazing and am really looking forward to play it. They can keep their easter egg, I'll play the original in my Amiga if I can be bothered (it's always been an impossible to play, badly balanced game anyway :P The new game looks a LOT more fun)
Akira is offline  
Old 13 May 2016, 14:16   #242
Nibbler
namm namm AMIGA

Nibbler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Austria
Age: 39
Posts: 734
only a few days left......
I am EXCITED !!!! Lets hope that it is really good
Nibbler is offline  
Old 13 May 2016, 18:26   #243
amuleth
Registered User
amuleth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Karamoon
Posts: 66
No previews anywhere?
amuleth is offline  
Old 14 May 2016, 00:44   #244
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ireland
Age: 41
Posts: 657
No ps4 but i'd like to play. I might pick up a secondhand ps4 soon.
Adrian Browne is offline  
Old 14 May 2016, 07:23   #245
ransom1122
Registered User
ransom1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Omnicorp
Posts: 3,090
How do Australians purchase this game if it's digital u.s?
ransom1122 is offline  
Old 14 May 2016, 08:30   #246
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful
Muzkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Earthrealm
Age: 37
Posts: 1,295
I think you can buy a physical copy from Play Asia.
Muzkat is offline  
Old 14 May 2016, 08:53   #247
ransom1122
Registered User
ransom1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Omnicorp
Posts: 3,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzkat View Post
I think you can buy a physical copy from Play Asia.
Cool thanks Muzzy,if anyone else knows on how to retrieve a copy from Australia wether digital or physical, please post.

They should of included all 3 original beasts with This release. I bet they make some sort of DLC including part 2 & 3 fown the track.
ransom1122 is offline  
Old 17 May 2016, 02:30   #248
ransom1122
Registered User
ransom1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Omnicorp
Posts: 3,090
When you check sonys digital store it says the soundtrack has an additional cost?

Anyone confirm the 8gb digital purchase of this game includes sotb amiga game and soundtrack as promised?
ransom1122 is offline  
Old 17 May 2016, 09:59   #249
Baboon
Moon Monkey
Baboon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Plymouth, Devon
Posts: 399
It appears to be getting a some mixed reviews. IGN Seemed to enjoy it though... http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/05/1...e-beast-review



Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
When you check sonys digital store it says the soundtrack has an additional cost?

Anyone confirm the 8gb digital purchase of this game includes sotb amiga game and soundtrack as promised?
I've just checked PSN and you're correct that the soundtrack seems to be a separate download (the game in the UK is £11.99 and the soundtrack is £6.49)? I can't confirm though about the 8gb digi version having the soundtrack but I doubt it as there is no mention of it on the description?

I've ordered the physical release which sadly isn't out till the end of the month but I also can't see anything on the physical release info from Playasia to say that the soundtrack is included their either?

edit: Looking at their press release the soundtrack is unlockable by playing through the game or you can download as a standalone purchase on PlayStation Store. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...miga-original/

Last edited by Baboon; 17 May 2016 at 10:16.
Baboon is offline  
Old 17 May 2016, 10:27   #250
ransom1122
Registered User
ransom1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Omnicorp
Posts: 3,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboon View Post
It appears to be getting a some mixed reviews. IGN Seemed to enjoy it though... http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/05/1...e-beast-review





I've just checked PSN and you're correct that the soundtrack seems to be a separate download (the game in the UK is £11.99 and the soundtrack is £6.49)? I can't confirm though about the 8gb digi version having the soundtrack but I doubt it as there is no mention of it on the description?


I've the physical release which sadly isn't out till the end of the month but I also can't see anything on the physical release info from Playasia to say that the soundtrack is included their either?

edit: Looking at their press release the soundtrack is unlockable by playing through the game or you can download as a standalone purchase on PlayStation Store. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...miga-original/
I couldn't wait for physical release. I went the digital way.

I purchased the digital 8gb release today. Downloading now. I am guessing soundtrack and amiga version is an unlock. The soundtrack is a seperate purchase for people wanting the music and not the game.
ransom1122 is offline  
Old 17 May 2016, 10:41   #251
Mister Octopus
Registered User

Mister Octopus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 50
[ Show youtube player ]. As a fan of the first game's design and atmosphere but not the gameplay, I'm impressed so far! They've really nailed the tone for both the music and the art design, in my opinion. Plus, you can unlock the original game, or play the new game with the original music!

The dynamic theme for the PS4 is also pretty cute.
Mister Octopus is offline  
Old 17 May 2016, 10:48   #252
ransom1122
Registered User
ransom1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Omnicorp
Posts: 3,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Octopus View Post
[ Show youtube player ]. As a fan of the first game's design and atmosphere but not the gameplay, I'm impressed so far! They've really nailed the tone for both the music and the art design, in my opinion. Plus, you can unlock the original game, or play the new game with the original music!

The dynamic theme for the PS4 is also pretty cute.
Oh I can't spoil it for myself, Cant watch. .

How do we unlock amiga game and soundtrack? by finishing the game I'm guessing?
ransom1122 is offline  
Old 17 May 2016, 10:49   #253
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel
gimbal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Spijkenisse/Netherlands
Age: 37
Posts: 3,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungryhorace View Post
Those days are long gone. Video games are now so realistic, that nothing gives you the 'wow' factor anymore, like SOTB did in the 80's.
There is that rare moment here and there. Both Ori and the Blind Forest and Dark Souls 3 gave me those amazing electric goose bumps when I first saw them.

This game. The world design is drop dead gorgeous and a more 3D-ish version of Ori. But the gameplay... The repetitive slow-motion camera whenever a killing blow is done in the game play video already irritates me. The gameplay should be designed for speed, and then they do that shit.
gimbal is offline  
Old 17 May 2016, 10:57   #254
Mister Octopus
Registered User

Mister Octopus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
Oh I can't spoil it for myself, Cant watch. .

How do we unlock amiga game and soundtrack? by finishing the game I'm guessing?
You score points as you play each level, which then unlock upgrades and easter eggs in the menu. The game and soundtrack are available to be unlocked from the beginning, but you'll have to grind a little bit to get enough mana points to unlock them. In theory you could just play the first level a few times to grind the points, or collect them over time as you play through the other levels.

EDIT: Unlocking the game is 250,000 points, the soundtrack is 50,000, unlimited lives in the original game is 1,000,000 and using the original soundtrack while you play is 200,000 points.

I think in our first playthrough of the first level we scored 500,000+ so it's not exactly difficult to unlock all of these original 1989 elements.

Last edited by Mister Octopus; 17 May 2016 at 11:08.
Mister Octopus is offline  
Old 17 May 2016, 11:10   #255
ransom1122
Registered User
ransom1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Omnicorp
Posts: 3,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Octopus View Post
You score points as you play each level, which then unlock upgrades and easter eggs in the menu. The game and soundtrack are available to be unlocked from the beginning, but you'll have to grind a little bit to get enough mana points to unlock them. In theory you could just play the first level a few times to grind the points, or collect them over time as you play through the other levels.

EDIT: Unlocking the game is 250,000 points, the soundtrack is 50,000, unlimited lives in the original game is 1,000,000 and using the original soundtrack while you play is 200,000 points.

I think in our first playthrough of the first level we scored 500,000+ so it's not exactly difficult to unlock all of these original 1989 elements.
Thanks for the info.
ransom1122 is offline  
Old 17 May 2016, 12:38   #256
Nibbler
namm namm AMIGA

Nibbler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Austria
Age: 39
Posts: 734
Good game but man is it VERY SHORT ....

Funny that the Amiga Emulation struggles ( the 50/60 hz problem was expected but the sound struggles also a little bit - well , i have it on the amiga anyway )
The slow-mo sequences break the flow of the game a little bit.

I think SHORT but SWEET is my 3 word review

Last edited by Nibbler; 17 May 2016 at 12:54.
Nibbler is offline  
Old 17 May 2016, 12:54   #257
s2325
Zone Friend

s2325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Gargore
Age: 38
Posts: 17,789
I like this dark wizard following you. Head of main hero is slightly too much like alien's from Alien movies. I'm not sure about biting enemies, he is not Blanka and he should have human mind inside twisted body.

Last edited by s2325; 17 May 2016 at 13:16.
s2325 is offline  
Old 17 May 2016, 13:18   #258
kamelito
Zone Friend
kamelito's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: France
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbler View Post
Good game but man is it VERY SHORT ....

Funny that the Amiga Emulation struggles ( the 50/60 hz problem was expected but the sound struggles also a little bit - well , i have it on the amiga anyway )
The slow-mo sequences break the flow of the game a little bit.

I think SHORT but SWEET is my 3 word review
Maybe a test for Sony, if it sell well maybe we'll see more, but hey it's a 15€ game.
Kamelito
kamelito is offline  
Old 17 May 2016, 13:37   #259
Amigajay
醉拳
Amigajay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: England
Posts: 1,858
Play Asia have the Asian version in stock on PS4, out earlier than i thought, though mine wont ship till next month as i have another pre-order waiting!
Amigajay is offline  
Old 17 May 2016, 13:51   #260
Nibbler
namm namm AMIGA

Nibbler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Austria
Age: 39
Posts: 734
Lets hope for the best.
But i see one problem, you see, they bought psygnosis and all there trademarks,
but the do little with it, if anything ...

Wipeout was HUGE and the killed of the wipeout team after Wipeout HD. A game that did pretty well and had good reviews.

Lemmings, another WELL KNOWN property... Pretty much another dead franchise

As far as i know, the pitch for a new shadow of the beast came from MATT BIRCH
founder of HEAVY SPECTRUM ... he wanted do see a new Shadow of the beast so badly, so he HAD to go to sony, because they "own" it, and we had luck they said yes.

but still , this is a problem ( highest recommended video !!!! )
[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by Nibbler; 17 May 2016 at 14:35. Reason: typo
Nibbler is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shadow of the Beast Hewitson Retrogaming General Discussion 30 21 July 2011 15:38
Shadow Of The Beast mai support.Games 14 05 April 2009 02:49
Shadow Of The Beast 2 ben111g request.Old Rare Games 19 26 July 2006 22:46
shadow of the beast HELP!!! cmarcel23 New to Emulation or Amiga scene 7 11 August 2002 02:14
Shadow of the Beast Twistin'Ghost Amiga websites reviews 17 05 July 2002 21:12

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.10005 seconds with 15 queries