English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 12 January 2018, 22:15   #21
PeterK

Good job, nice icons!

But could you upload these 2 images (Prince of Persia ) here?

Last edited by PeterK; 13 January 2018 at 02:13.
Old 12 January 2018, 23:11   #22
jurassicman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
Good job, nice icons!

But could you upload these 2 images (Price of Persia) here?
Thanks!
I'll upload the 2 png files here tomorrow!
Old 13 January 2018, 09:48   #23
jurassicman

Hi PeterK, I attached to this message a zip archive with 4 files.

2 "normal sized" png that I found on Internet and the same files reduced to an Height of 128.

When I use the command: "join front1.png back1.png to prince.info" I obtain the garbled icon but if I use Iconian (as I did) with the same files I obtain a correct icon.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by jurassicman; 04 August 2019 at 15:36.
Old 13 January 2018, 14:05   #24
PeterK

Thanks for uploading the images, Jurassicman.

My icon.library can decode and display front1.info and back1.info but not the selected image of the joined Dual-PNG icon prince.info. The reason for the graphics corruption is the different width of both images. Your front1.png has a size of 110x128, but the back1.png only 108x128.

Btw, AfA_OS and OS4 are detecting the different sizes and are displaying only the first image, but Scalos shows the selected icon correctly, too!

In general both images of an icon should have exactly the same size! I will check my code, why it did not detect the different sizes.

There are some other PNG chunks in your images, which are not supported by my PNG decoder, like gAMA = Image gamma, cHRM = Primary chromaticities, sRGB = Standard RGB color space, bKGD = Background color; pHYs = Physical pixel dimensions. But that was not the problem.
Old 13 January 2018, 14:27   #25
AMIGASYSTEM

Yes, in fact the two images have a different size, even the image reduction is a little fuzzy, i made on PC reduction with "XnView", attach Prince Of Persia double-sided icon made with JoinSplitter.
However, there is a package called BoxIcons where you find many icons made similar to those you would like to do.
--------------------------------------------
Si in effetti le due immagini hanno una misura differente, anche la riduzione immagine risulta un po' sfocata, io ho fatto la riduzione su PC con "XnView", allego icona a doppia faccia di Prince Of Persia fatta con JoinSplitter.
Comunque esiste un pacchetto chiamato BoxIcons dove trovi tante icone fatte in maniera simile a quelle che tu vorresti fare.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 17 January 2018 at 14:18.
Old 13 January 2018, 15:58   #26
jurassicman

@PeterK
Thanks for the explanation!

I noticed the slight different in size just when I sent them to you... now I am resizing the icons on my Linux box with Gimp and I select always 110x128 pixels.

That way I confirm that the join method works.

@AmigaSystem
Thanks for the Prince of Persia icon!

I think that I already downloaded the BoxIcons package from somewhere but i didn't find all the icons I needed... and I am enjoying making my own icons... I just made the Lamborghini American Challenge icon, it took me more than an hour because the bull in the front was slightly visible with 16 colors but at the end I think I had a great result.

I'll upload all my icons as soon as I finish my job!
Old 14 January 2018, 20:28   #27
PeterK

The bug in icon.library is fixed. I also tried to display your prince.info correctly and it's possible, but then saving the icon to disk crashed. So, I decided not to support different image sizes and the second image is dropped now.
Old 14 January 2018, 21:25   #28
jurassicman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
The bug in icon.library is fixed. I also tried to display your prince.info correctly and it's possible, but then saving the icon to disk crashed. So, I decided not to support different image sizes and the second image is dropped now.
Great! Good job!

Unfortunately I didn't had time to make more icons this weekend but I think that in a few weeks I'll be able to upload a new (small) nice set of box-icons.
Old 11 March 2018, 18:23   #29
jurassicman

There we are!
I finally finished making my icons... in the attached lha package you'll find 44 icons made using front and back of game boxes.

I hope you'll like them, some are quite nice... some are a bit ugly but I wasn't able to do anything better!

Feel free to share them everywhere you want!
I'll upload them also in the zone!

Last edited by jurassicman; 04 August 2019 at 15:36.