English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.Sprites

Old 06 February 2012, 18:46   #21
bfrnhout
Retro is the game to play

Thanks as soon as i am so far that i could place a real good working program i think i wil need it. My site alouw only 20 Mb and the Rar version is already 11 Mb.

One advantace of this programming is that the whole program do not need anything else than only the data files deliverd in the rar.
Extract the rar to a folder you like and play. no install or something.
Old 12 February 2012, 21:20   #22
bfrnhout

First part is ready. The training page is done. Not perfect, but as soon as the other parts on earth model are done then I will cling them together.

Same download link.

Busy with the sound now. To get sound under the training center, and more. Plus the stock database extended to the real original.

Last edited by prowler; 13 February 2012 at 00:09. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Old 13 February 2012, 11:22   #23
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrnhout View Post
First part is ready. The training page is done. Not perfect, but as soon as the other parts on earth model are done then I will cling them together.

Same download link.

Busy with the sound now. To get sound under the training center, and more. Plus the stock database extended to the real original.
Nice, will check once I get home.
Old 15 February 2012, 11:19   #24
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:

Same download link.

I get a "Memory Access Violation" on my machine running Windows Premium 32Bit.
Old 15 February 2012, 19:28   #25
bfrnhout

That means that there is a file not in the folder where it hase to be. Ik wil look in to it. For the moment is having a little bit of troubble with the sound. That keeps mee hanging.
But in a coupel of days there wil be a new update and i wil try to make a debug hunter in the program for is there is something wrong.
Old 16 February 2012, 22:32   #26
bfrnhout

New update available. The training is complete. Thats the only thing. I am now working on the part of transfering the trainee to the area where they have to go. Feel free to try and let me know if it feels good or not.

(BTW I am thinking when i am ready to get the feedback for making the program bigger. So that there is more to do in the old Amiga style off couce.)

Sorry if my english is bad. I try to do it right.
Old 16 February 2012, 22:50   #27
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
New update available. The training is complete. Thats the only thing. I am now working on the part of transfering the trainee to the area where they have to go. Feel free to try and let me know if it feels good or not.

(BTW I am thinking when i am ready to get the feedback for making the program bigger. So that there is more to do in the old Amiga style off couce.)

Sorry if my english is bad. I try to do it right.
Working fine here, .
On the training screen you normally press the light switch to close the doors to start training. I take you have'nt finished that bit yet.

All other tabs work to, science, resource etc etc.
Its looking good.
Old 16 February 2012, 23:13   #28
Dr. Dude

How you take ur grapics? Simple screen shot and photoshop it?

If so, i can help by making loads of caps and shop them to a useable thingy's
Can't wait to see it done

Deuteros is stil one of the best games i ever played, and probly one of the most played

Nice to see this is getting of the ground
Old 17 February 2012, 00:27   #29
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dude View Post
How you take ur grapics? Simple screen shot and photoshop it?

If so, i can help by making loads of caps and shop them to a useable thingy's
Can't wait to see it done

Deuteros is stil one of the best games i ever played, and probly one of the most played

Nice to see this is getting of the ground
People may call me nuts, but I normally go to the biggest screen size I can and then screenshot, then shrink it down, this way it gets chrisper and sharper as you decrease in size.
Old 17 February 2012, 19:21   #30
bfrnhout

HE your right. I was forgotten that. It has to got in too.

- I bring up the screen size to the same size that actualy amiga use. And then blow up everything double size. Then i grab the screen. And cut out what i want.
I have all the graphics that i need. The only thing i do not have is th esound. That wil be done later or as it has to be in on a specific spot i wil program it in.

But when i go to the next step of deuteros is can use a big help ik making better graphics. the graphics til be then for a bigger screen size. e.g 1024 X 900.

Thanks for the help.
Old 19 February 2012, 22:39   #31
bfrnhout

Some progress update:
- Light switch is working now. Blitz3D had no simple command for it so i had to make a new command to let it work.
- Figured out the research time on total people in research. And the multiplier when the person is going up the ladder of sience.
- Little update in the database for storing goods and items. Also preparing the database for the auto operating computer. I was forgotten that it was also in the game.

As soon as the reseachs part is finished i put up the new software.
Old 20 February 2012, 00:21   #32
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Some progress update:
- Light switch is working now. Blitz3D had no simple command for it so i had to make a new command to let it work.
- Figured out the research time on total people in research. And the multiplier when the person is going up the ladder of sience.
- Little update in the database for storing goods and items. Also preparing the database for the auto operating computer. I was forgotten that it was also in the game.

As soon as the reseachs part is finished i put up the new software.
Nice, cant wait,
Old 26 February 2012, 21:44   #33
bfrnhout

Waiting over for the research part. Its working now. IT was a long search for the time to find the right way for calculation research time. I think its solved. But if someone knows how the time calculation hat to be done please let me know.
There is a smal change in the percentage display. Its now displaying more times the value then the original game. This is done that is make it easyer for me in the source code.
Next goal is the servey of the resource in the game to calculate this.
Let me know it there is something wrong.
N.B. The transfering personal from the waiting list to the door is improved. The adding of numbers is going faster now. If you hold the mouse button longer down then a .5 sec. the adding jumps up 5 time faster. its going both ways.

The Deuteros maker for the PC. B & K SOFTWARE.
Old 27 February 2012, 01:23   #34
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Waiting over for the research part. Its working now. IT was a long search for the time to find the right way for calculation research time. I think its solved. But if someone knows how the time calculation hat to be done please let me know.
There is a smal change in the percentage display. Its now displaying more times the value then the original game. This is done that is make it easyer for me in the source code.
Next goal is the servey of the resource in the game to calculate this.
Let me know it there is something wrong.
N.B. The transfering personal from the waiting list to the door is improved. The adding of numbers is going faster now. If you hold the mouse button longer down then a .5 sec. the adding jumps up 5 time faster. its going both ways.

The Deuteros maker for the PC. B & K SOFTWARE.
Training seems to work well. However after training first set of marines, it locked the door completely. Couldnt train any more.
It also doesnt transfer production team to production bay same with marines.
It seems to transfer research team fine though.

I also seem to remember, you being able to right mouse on the advance time to advance it one day?

So left done advance until you stop it, right done advance one day each press.

Its really starting to take shape.
Old 27 February 2012, 15:49   #35
bfrnhout

I have a problem. I can not recreate your problem FOL. I try to work it on a system using XP , vista and 7. in all cases the marine training is working good. I did look in the source code and i can not find the reason why. I write this down as a problem and wil look in to it later.

Transfering to shuttlebay and to production is not working. Cause that not yet in the program. I want to have first the resource gathering working good. Then the next option is the save option. Then the production and then the shuttle working. this is what i think the logical way to work. ( Tel me if i am wrong).

Is you hit left above and the time is advancing, and you click again the time stop. this is then a continues time looping.
If you want to have only a one day pass click on the time notation at the bottom. The time is going one day. Kep holding you mouse down wil also continuing your time. Only a little bit slower.

Thanks for the tips. I keep track of any mistake i encounter or hear. So i wil pick them up when the program is complete. Then maybe some smal thing wil resolve them self or i wil resolve them.
E.G. In the program i found out that the total amount of members is not decaying. I did not program that is. So that is something that i wil put in later.
Old 27 February 2012, 21:00   #36
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
I have a problem. I can not recreate your problem FOL.
I just had another go and it done same thing.

I trained all three, then trained more marines, and the door got stuck, training wont finish.
Old 27 February 2012, 23:12   #37
bfrnhout

Hey man i see what you mean. I try the same way you are doing it. At first i did not do it that way. And you know what. You found a compiler error. I try it on differend ways and the only way to get this is that let all three learn on the same time. I bing this up to the makers of the compiler and they comferm that it is a compiler error but that i have to wait a long time for a update.

So i wil make a work around for that.
Old 28 February 2012, 18:57   #38
bfrnhout

Yes i make the work around and tested it. I try differend ways to make it crash but it stil work. So ther is a EXE only update to download if you like. There is some little extra in because i was already busy doing the next part. Have fan and keep up the good work.
Old 28 February 2012, 20:25   #39
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Yes i make the work around and tested it. I try differend ways to make it crash but it stil work. So ther is a EXE only update to download if you like. There is some little extra in because i was already busy doing the next part. Have fan and keep up the good work.
Aye, I confirm its now fixed, .
Old 29 February 2012, 21:33   #40
bfrnhout

great to hear. It was a hard part to find the solution.
Deviding and transfering resource in under way. getting it from the planet is don but the methanoids has a MTX and that is now the work i am doing. In the mean time i discover that the type building is not going right. I have to re-arange that. So the save routing is a tricky part to do at first. I think i skip that one and do it as soon as i am for sure that all the types are ok. then i can save it.

N.B. Is there anybody who can translate the language file to another language then the 2 i have.