English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 28 December 2020, 19:52   #961
klx300r

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
Hi, I would like to share with you that we are currently working on the finishing touches of the AmigaOS 3.2 NDK and also sorting out the inclusion of a much needed OS contribution.

Merry Christmas!

Great news to start off 2021 especially as OS4.1 got a very nice much needed update as well so I'm a happy amigan
Old 29 December 2020, 07:29   #962
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Hi, I would like to share with you that we are currently working on the finishing touches of the AmigaOS 3.2 NDK and also sorting out the inclusion of a much needed OS contribution.

Merry Christmas!
Really looking forward to the new OS.
I just kept my V1200 for this...
Old 05 January 2021, 13:56   #963
kamelito
Zone Friend

Do you plan to use the same types as in AmigaOS 4.x? When applicable?
https://wiki.amigaos.net/wiki/Fundamental_Types
Old 07 January 2021, 12:16   #964
boemann
Camilla, AmigaOS Dev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamelito View Post
Do you plan to use the same types as in AmigaOS 4.x? When applicable?
https://wiki.amigaos.net/wiki/Fundamental_Types
No
Old 23 January 2021, 21:58   #965
shaf

Is there any change to printer drivers between 3.1.4 and 3.2? I am planning to create a Driver for the Sharp DX-B350P, which has a Parallel, USB and Network Connection.
Old 24 January 2021, 01:43   #966
gulliver
BoingBagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaf View Post
Is there any change to printer drivers between 3.1.4 and 3.2? I am planning to create a Driver for the Sharp DX-B350P, which has a Parallel, USB and Network Connection.
AmigaOS 3.2 will ship with the same printer drivers as 3.1.4. However, now the Printer Preferences editor in AmigaOS 3.2 allows the user to enter
a custom output device for the printer and select a unit number.

It is nice to know we will all hopefully be able to enjoy a new printer driver. I am looking forward to see your work materialize.
Old 24 January 2021, 02:05   #967
mateusz_s

It's probably too late, as You say that AmigaOS 3.2 is in polishing state

But here are some of my little sugestions, maybe its worth to implemet it:

- adding "copy/paste" instead of only "copy" that creates copy of the icon in the same folder -
it would be much handy to "copy" and then "paste" it into another folder

- making "Quit WB" option .. useful? every time it says that some programs are still running. There should be question box like "Do you want to close all the programs" and then the WB should quit.
Yes I know the we just switch off the button of the power supply - but some disk operation may be still in progres and damage it..

- maybe some better mechanizm of windows minimizing - for example: the "zoom gadget" works weird - if clicked it shrinks the window to very small size - ok that could be considered as minimalization.. but if we close that window and open again - it is shrinked as it was - when clicked "zoom gadget" again it grows into full screen that a bit weird..

- maybe native implementing "click to front" option (in prefs) - I know we can download it as Commodity - but it seems that we need to click twice to switch to the window - more effective would be clicking only once to desired window to become active

Cheers
Old 24 January 2021, 04:13   #968
wiser3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateusz_s View Post
- maybe native implementing "click to front" option (in prefs) - I know we can download it as Commodity - but it seems that we need to click twice to switch to the window - more effective would be clicking only once to desired window to become active

I like that i can select a window without it coming to the front. I consider this a feature and often type into or use a window in the background while looking at a window that is partially covering it up.
Old 24 January 2021, 11:22   #969
mateusz_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiser3 View Post
I like that i can select a window without it coming to the front. I consider this a feature and often type into or use a window in the background while looking at a window that is partially covering it up.
It could be just added to Prefs, I mean one or two clicks
Old 24 January 2021, 13:13   #970
Firestone

...but will AmigaOS3.2 be released when the "polishing" state has been completed?
I mean, can all these legal actions between Hyperion and Cloanto stop the release?
Old 24 January 2021, 13:31   #971
Pyromania

It sounds like AmigaOS 3.2 has all the features and power of the infamous vaporware Amiga Inc. AmigaOS 5.0!
Old 24 January 2021, 14:17   #972
Daedalus

Quote:
- adding "copy/paste" instead of only "copy" that creates copy of the icon in the same folder -
it would be much handy to "copy" and then "paste" it into another folder
Yep, that would be nice alright, though it can be implemented already using some ARexx scripting.

Quote:
- making "Quit WB" option .. useful? every time it says that some programs are still running. There should be question box like "Do you want to close all the programs" and then the WB should quit.
Yes I know the we just switch off the button of the power supply - but some disk operation may be still in progres and damage it..
I'm not really sure how that could be done. If programs have been run from Workbench, they require Workbench to be available to them. Pulling that resource from under them sound like a recipe for a crash.

Quote:
- maybe some better mechanizm of windows minimizing - for example: the "zoom gadget" works weird - if clicked it shrinks the window to very small size - ok that could be considered as minimalization.. but if we close that window and open again - it is shrinked as it was - when clicked "zoom gadget" again it grows into full screen that a bit weird..
It's a different paradigm - the zoom gadget allows you to switch between two different sizes that you choose. There's no iconification, though it should be reasonably possible to implement.

Quote:
You don't need to download it as a commodity - it's been included with the OS for decades. All you need to do is drag it into the WBStartup drawer. And many people prefer the double-click to front action over the more intrusive single-click method common in other systems, which is probably why 2 clicks is the default. Now, I could've sworn that the number of clicks was configurable, but it turns out that's just in OS4. Perhaps the NUMCLICKS tooltype used by the OS4 version could be added to the OS3 version at a later date then, which would allow you to change the default behaviour to single-clicking.
Old 25 January 2021, 00:35   #973
gulliver
BoingBagged

Quote:
It's probably too late, as You say that AmigaOS 3.2 is in polishing state
Yes, it is too late now. We are testing Release Candidates, which means only fine tunning work is going on.

But I will add some of these requests to my list for when we sit down to brainstorm AmigaOS 3.3.

Quote:
AmigaOS 3.2 comes with two different mechanisms for this purpose. No spoilers.
Old 25 January 2021, 00:50   #974
gulliver
BoingBagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
...but will AmigaOS3.2 be released when the "polishing" state has been completed?
I mean, can all these legal actions between Hyperion and Cloanto stop the release?
Q: Will their troubles impact the release of 3.2?
A: There is a possibility that it might. How and if, are not defined yet. Time will tell. We prefer to better focus on finishing the work with cherries on top, than to spend time speculating.
Old 25 January 2021, 08:22   #975
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

This is such a cock tease...
Old 25 January 2021, 20:09   #976
digiflip

is there discount for 3.14 users to upgrade or full price and if full price release how many new features is there to quantify full release price?
Old 25 January 2021, 21:06   #977
duga

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiflip View Post
is there discount for 3.14 users to upgrade or full price and if full price release how many new features is there to quantify full release price?
You can use 3.2 with your 3.1.4 ROM, if you consider that a "discount".
Old 25 January 2021, 22:13   #978
TitanUK

Quote:

Merry Christmas!
Great news :-)
Old 26 January 2021, 06:42   #979
gulliver
BoingBagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiflip View Post
We are not in charge of sales. That is up to Hyperion. You should better ask them.
Old 26 January 2021, 07:10   #980
klx300r

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
You can use 3.2 with your 3.1.4 ROM, if you consider that a "discount".

yes but I really hope us users that already bought OS3.1.4 ROMS won't have to lose too much chip ram when we upgrade to OS3.2? I really don't want to open up my A4000 to get in new ROMS as I finally got the case closed after it being open for sooo long lol