English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 12 December 2016, 23:41   #121
JZon

Quite

False alarm. That was the version one or two responses prior. Got 17 just now. Oh. And 19, wow. Cool. Checking out now..

LOL! Ever see WarGames? Shall we play a game? lol I wonder if Eugene really does know a thing or two about computers? What was it you posted?

I'm actually digging those shortcomings. It's a really cool look. You may have the look I'm looking for! LOL

Remove the .txt extension? You mean .fx extension? (Not seeing. Will look again)

Had to use PC Wizard to find RAM manufacturer. (A-Data Technology)

Still trying to ascertain a difference using twisty. Standby....
Old 13 December 2016, 01:27   #122
emufan

sure, i know that movie. then with the cool Broderick
but who was Eugene? *headscratch*

the .txt extension was added, so it could added as attachement, so you have remove it,
before you can use it - hence it should end with .fx so winuae will use it.
Old 17 December 2016, 23:35   #123
JZon

DPaint V SVG!

Oh, I see. (txt files)

Eugene!

Click image for larger version

Name:	th.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	51342

LOL!

Working on new DPaint5 svg.. it's in the Zone! (Included an ico too) Got the size down to 25 kb's! Forgot on DPaint4 svg, there's supposed to be two different fonts, one for when it's unengaged and one for when it is engaged. The engaged versions coming soon!

j

out
Old 18 December 2016, 00:08   #124
emufan

i know that actor, but cannot remember the movie title - i guess you refere to the right as Eugene, is that eugene levi?
i grab the new logo, even while the first still is in good shape, i will test it

#1) first vs new version attached, downsized to 32x32 both suffer
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	toolbar.png
Views:	106
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	51343  

Last edited by emufan; 18 December 2016 at 00:25.
Old 18 December 2016, 06:00   #125
JZon

Yes, Eugene was the..

was the military's whiz kid in WarGames. (Lot of people wouldn't remember that) This photo was from the movie, "1941" . Not sure, may be the one in the center or the one on the right. lol

Wow! That's so cool! You can actually make use of them. It looks as though you're running inside of an Amiga 'setup' . (?) I'd been having little mini renaissances of Amiga this and Amiga that over the years, once inquiring with the folks over at Aros. My question at that time was, how does one go about making the desktop screen an anim? Like a small sized anim background on the desktop, I was thinking a pool shot. Now I look at this Windows8 taskbar, and I see svg. (although I can't prove it, it says it's icon (.ico), but it looks like it's being sized in svg) (??) How does one go about making Amiga os display svg dock items?

Thank you very much! Brother Jzon
Old 18 December 2016, 17:14   #126
emufan

ah yes, 1941 - what a crazy movie, with all those cool actor, belushi, candy, aykroyd
the scene with that dude i remember too, but i cannot find his real name.
and i have to watch wargames again - must be a short appearance , cannot recall.
and yes, it's the one in the center

the image attached is my amiga setup - toolmanager bar- again converted the svg at svgtopng.com website , resized to 32x32, which is the current size of all other images in that bar- looks good to me

i can remember those animated backgrounds on windows desktops, what once sort of a hype - maybe still - was not my kind of thing - well depends on the theme

hmm, have to look for a windows ico to amiga .info converter.

#1) here are some converter listed:
Deark - reads amiga icons only
xnview - NConvert can read amiga icons only :/

#2) maybe easier to have an amiga tool, that saves icons from png or some hi-color iff file.
no clue what one uses to create them.

#2a) not really easy, since i cannot find something that works. tested PicIcon, but this doesnt work as expected.
does one know how to convert an iff image to icon?

#2b) image2icon does work. it does some scaling, i guess to max icon values.
result a bit distorted, but ok.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	convert.png
Views:	76
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	51360  

Last edited by emufan; 18 December 2016 at 18:29.
Old 19 December 2016, 01:51   #127
JZon

Thanks for the links!

(Checking out now)

Yes, it was more like a cameo.

I found an icon editor, Junior Icon Editor, that does a better job than gimp.

I did a zoomed in comparison of full sized taskbar icons (Win8). It's definitely not svg! lol ...

Name:	icondisplay.png
Views:	106
Size:	393.4 KB
ID:	51378

I'm seeing a little improvement. Also tried Image Magick. It too makes a better icon from svg. Also seeing a lot of online conversion sites. And a lot of trial version converters. (Inadvertently tried Icon Lover, or something like that. It's svg to ico conversion was best as it didn't deform the shape. Turns out 64 x 64 is the size Junior Icon Editor is using. (probably does others too)

That distortion looked like a common area where my svg's can be 'off'. I rechecked this area. It looks good here. Not sure how it came out with those lines. (Will have to recreate your setup here) (Standby...)

J
Old 19 December 2016, 06:04   #128
JZon

New problems

I'm trying to use XnView to convert to iff. It doesn't save anything. I go through the motions, save as.., file.iff (Amiga iff), it warns of metadata loss, OK, then it gives me a ghosted prompt with options like dithering, etc, OK, then, no file shows up. So, I uninstalled (AdvUninstallPro), checked for most recent version online, 2.39, reinstalled, and it saved to iff once, like normal going through the motions.. After that, it stops saving???

The gimp uses a plugin to save as iff. But these images are coming out distorted.

The XnView iff save, I managed to make, couldn't be read by neither DPaint 4 nor 5. (4 called it a mangled iff)

I managed to get image to icon to work on one of my previous iff's. Cool converter! (Now if I can only get the new DPaint V logo svg to convert to iff)

Tool manager is neat. The other software title's instructions were specific, but didn't have any example codes for me to work from.

K. Going back in to check out Image Magick and Konverter for iff capabilities. (Just need a way to give image to icon a working iff of the DPaint5 logo)

Standby... ... ...
Old 19 December 2016, 07:47   #129
JZon

Problems Solved

Image2Icon!

Wow! Great tool!

Konverter is the way to go. First I pipe svg into Konverter, then Konvert svg to iff24. Then, DPaint V won't open it. So, I managed to somehow double click it and it opened in a stock WorkBench program, complete with Save. Saved it, and now DPaint V opens image! Ran image through Image2Icon and it makes very handsome Amiga icons...

Name:	i2i.PNG
Views:	105
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	51379

Also got FileWatcherSimple. Was able to make it engage Cmd prompt with changes in said folder. But then I have to CtrlCopy/Paste...

DEL /F /S /Q /A "C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\*"
DEL /F /S /Q /A "C:\Users\KungPau\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\*"

It's got a 'Verb' prompt to enter text. I try entering this here. Didn't do anything though. Maybe there's an automated script builder by following mouse clicks (or keyboard equivalents) that could enter the above commands upon opening Cmd. (?) Note to self.

Image Magick failed when trying all files in Save. (iff)

I see how it defaulted to a white background. I prefer black on monitors. (white on print) Will have to work on that. Also doing final tweaks on ICO format DPaint V icon (from SVG). It's shaping up pretty good, Windows side and now Amiga!

Thank you very much! Brother JZon
Old 19 December 2016, 17:11   #130
emufan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZon View Post
I'm trying to use XnView to convert to iff.
xnview has two *.iff formats, one is amiga, second Maya ( 3d package).
in the save dialog choose Amiga iff - it does work here. using 2.39

default it will save as 24 bit iff, you can/have to reduce the colors with Image -> Reduce Colors. to maybe 32, 256. i think at least DPaint 5 can read 256 color iff images.

once reduced the colors to 256 or less, you can edit the Palette and make the background transparent or give an alternative color. (Image --> Edit Palette)

when using the color reduction , test the "libImageQuant" option - gives very good results

Quote:
So, I managed to somehow double click it and it opened in a stock WorkBench program, complete with Save. Saved it, and now DPaint V opens image!
- i think this was Sys:Utilities/Multiview - ah yes, name can be seen in your image above - it is a universal image/document viewer, using those Datatypes (Devs:datatypes)

- too bad there is no gui with Image2Icon, but yes, it is doing a good job.
but to make an Icon with clicked/unclicked image, you need to open the images with a icon-editor,
no clue what is best to use for that purpose. the default iconedit only handles 16 color images and limit size of the icons. dunno yet

--> you can install swazinfo, extended information tool, here you can change the icon images, by loading images into it.
so while looking at a icon information, look at the menu , you find IconImages -> Load/save Image and toogle select/deselect.

- Toolmanager, I've attached my config here. put the Toolmanager.prefs file into ENVARC: aka sys:Prefs/Env-Archive/
this way it will be easier to start with.
--> in the Toolmanager prefs tool, you will see some tabs, Exec defines the programs, Image will defines the icons for the programs - double-click on an entry and you can edit it.
in the Dock tab you can edit the position of the toolbar - but recently the program crashes here. cannot say what causes this.

- FileWatcherSimple: not sure what you want achieve here. never heard of that tool
Attached Files
File Type: lha toolmanager-prefs.lha (1.1 KB, 71 views)

Last edited by emufan; 19 December 2016 at 17:59.
Old 24 December 2016, 05:34   #131
JZon

I can just

I can just open an executable whenever a change occurs in a folder. (Need to find a script to automatically enter the command in Cmd. )

Great insight on that, checking out now...

I'm stuck on trying to make a Windows ico version of DPaintV svg. All my standard icons are looking so crisp, where as my DPaintV icon comes out all jagged and stuff. So, I go back in and dial in the svg. In fact I've developed version 2!!..

(uploading to the Zone! after response here)

I've tried VariIcons Revolve and Junior Icon Editor, plus the gimp. Will have to go back now and dial in the icon image..

Standby.. ... ...
Old 24 December 2016, 21:42   #132
emufan

ah, ok, i understand the FileWatcher tool now
just downloaded from the zone. converted using svgtopng.com and saved as a windows
icon using xnview.
in windows explorer using ctrl+scrollwheel - to zoom the icon - it does not really zoom.
differnt to other icons i have here floating arround.

maybe you have to set the canvas of the svg to something like 8000x8000 - so converting to a windows icon would result in a better icon.
colors reduced, so it looks a bit wrong. but resizing does not work with the icon.

changed within svg file:
width="6300"
height="6800"

but the result does not look like i want it, max zoomed on windows desktop, hmm.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Clipboard.png
Views:	80
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	51454  

Last edited by emufan; 24 December 2016 at 21:58.
Old 29 December 2016, 04:47   #133
JZon

Deluxe Paint V Logo SVG Version 3! in the Zone!

Tried increasing svg size to 8000 horizontal in gimp, hung it up, went with 5000. No discernable difference. (Been working on Deluxe Paint Logo SVG Version 3!, I think this requires some minute detailing to make it work at small raster sizes.

K, going back in... ... ...

J

out
Old 29 December 2016, 06:57   #134
JZon

Solved to a degree

Found the blur tool helpful, found moderate enough results to upload to the Zone! the new Deluxe Paint V Logo ICO version.

Here is a screen shot of it in action..

Name:	NewIconScreenshot.PNG
Views:	92
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	51497

Starting to feel a little more satisfied with it's appearance.

Any critiquing would be highly regarded.

Thank you very much! Brother JZon
Old 29 December 2016, 23:26   #135
emufan

it looks cool, but i's not possible to zoom it in windows explorer ( hold ctrl while using scroll-wheel).
there must be some sort of icon - scaleable or sort of multi-size-images - xnview offers no such options when writing ico files. :/
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Clipboard.png
Views:	82
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	51508  
Old 31 December 2016, 21:57   #136
JZon

New Egg!

httpscolonforwardslashforwardslashwwwdotyoutubedotcomforwardslashwatchquestionmarkvequalsYs1V7ylTMGU

Yes!

I was wondering this too. It seems some these trial versions allow access to this feature. (gimp, VariIcon, JuniorIconEditor ((the free ones)) do not)

Maybe I go surfing? again? K. Standby...

J

out
Old 31 December 2016, 22:12   #137
emufan

Quote:
httpscolonforwardslashforwardslashwwwdotyoutubedotcomforwardslashwatchquestionmarkvequalsYs1V7ylTMGU
thats from Alien movie? i like the sountrack
Quote:
Yes!

I was wondering this too. It seems some these trial versions allow access to this feature. (gimp, VariIcon, JuniorIconEditor ((the free ones)) do not)

Maybe I go surfing? again? K. Standby...

J

out
maybe some i-can-only-do-dat-if-i-am-certified-by-microsoft problem

#1) awesome
[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by emufan; 31 December 2016 at 22:17.
Old 01 January 2017, 02:34   #138
JZon

The Thing!

Yes! 1982 movie. Starts off with Norwegian's having already discovered. (and abandonded)

I found a possible work around here...

http://www.telegraphics.com.au/sw/info/icobundle.html

But when I try the example...

Name:	IcoBundleProb.PNG
Views:	73
Size:	266.1 KB
ID:	51524

I wasn't sure. So I put the new folder in C:\Windows.

Stop. Let me try again...

Standby...
Old 01 January 2017, 03:08   #139
JZon

Ok

OK. Got the right folder in Cmd. Then I get unspecified output file??

Name:	icobundle2.PNG
Views:	77
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	51526

K. Going back in...
Old 01 January 2017, 03:12   #140
emufan

I found a nice free icon editor - Greenfish Icon Editor Pro. i only found this stupid softpedia download.
the tool looks good, can read svg graphics. but i still cannot find a way to create those scaleable icons.
made a 256x256 icon, but saving i still have those tiny icons on my desktop.
weird stuff :/

somewhere i was reading to use layers in gimp with different sized images and export them together as a win icon.
but svg is already a scaleable vector graphics, so there should be an easier way.

one may have to marry Bill's daughter, to get access to the magic of microsoft :/

Quote:
OK. Got the right folder in Cmd. Then I get unspecified output file??
did you wrote -ZERO instead of -o ?