English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 22 December 2015, 16:47   #1
Gaula92

Another World open source implementation: help from the Amiga crackers needed

Hi all,

There is this awesome Another World implementation which uses SDL2 for accelerated graphics:
https://github.com/carstene1ns/another-world-sdl2

It comes from the old raw and newraw code, maintained by other volunteers through time.

You can run this thing on ANYTHING supporting SDL2, which includes ultra-cool computers as the Raspberry Pi!

Ok, if we look at the sources, in vm.cpp, line 140, we find we can supposedly bypas the code wheel codes. Note the code wheel is available all over internet, so I can play the game whenever I want, but entering the codes every time is a true PITA.
However, if I comment out the #ifdef in vm.cpp line 140, the engine still asks for the codes. I contacted the developer and he has no idea why it's failing to bypass the damn thing, I suppose because it's code inherited from the original RAW implementation.
So, any idea on how to modify this piece of code so script is patched on the fly as it should? I am *almost* sure script is *almost* the same on PC and Amiga versions of AW: AW is an interpreted game, not different from the Scumm games.

thanks
Old 22 December 2015, 17:24   #2
jotd
This cat is no more

Hi,

I know which offset to change in one of the BANK file for the amiga version. Yes the file should be very similar on PC (I already adapted a crack for PC on the Amiga on a Scumm engine game). I'll check this out.
Old 22 December 2015, 17:51   #3
Gaula92

jotd: I have also found this version of the engine, which does code bypassing right! yay!

https://github.com/cyxx